Chefelf.com Night Life: This movie is by far the worst of the prequels - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

This movie is by far the worst of the prequels And the other two were bad

#1 User is offline   Gerhard Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 24 June 2005 - 06:36 PM

I could have lived with episodes I and II, I saw them a couple of times, ok, another matrix, no problem but then George put Hayden Cristhensen in the much expected OT DVD's, that really pissed me of.

then came Episode III, I knew it would be bad, I never expected to be insulted.

I mean, Lucas looses +1 hour with pointless battle scenes like the Grivious creature and the very annoying lizzards, then because there was no time, we get a pathetic Anakin turn to the DarkSide, he goes from cutting Mace's arm and saying "what have I done" to killing innocent children in 5 minutes, I mean, it did not at all made sense. A lot more caracter development was needed.

Then the second insult, Padme's Death, She just had two twin babies and she lost the will to live? I'm sorry it does not make sense, even if one can indeed die of a broken heart (or die of sadness) it's not in 2 minutes, it's a long process. Let alone the fact that in the original ROTJ script Leia lived with her mother. Lucas changed his story again.

Then came the third insult, Anakin gets burned and is taken to curusant, and surprise! the Vader suit is there waiting for him! Very convenient.

That is why I think it's the worst ever Starwars, it was not bad, it was insulting!

Well, that's my opinion.

Regards

#2 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 24 June 2005 - 10:20 PM

I respect your opinion, but I think this is better that AOTC. At least this movie was enjoyable. AOTC was a boring crapfest.
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#3 User is offline   father judas priest Icon

• New Cop

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:26 AM

i agree but then you wonder if the lucas of today is not the same as in the day 1977...maybe he is a clone or something....anyway you made a mention of the vader suit....if old multi-chin lucas kept to his original story ( like vader always being vader ect ) then you and all would know this...the jedi had ledgends...both of good and bad knights...the suit vadeR had was not just any old medical suit but the suit of amour of a DARK KNIGHT...A SITH DARK KNIGHT...be like prince william dressing up like a nazi of late...the nazi uniform has a universial recoginized appeal...so anakin was placed in a suit of amour that people both jedi and creatin would see as symbol of office power and might...a ledgandary dark knight...now comes to life and woe be anyone who messes with him or the empire....

#4 User is offline   father judas priest Icon

• New Cop

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:27 AM

i agree but then you wonder if the lucas of today is not the same as in the day 1977...maybe he is a clone or something....anyway you made a mention of the vader suit....if old multi-chin lucas kept to his original story ( like vader always being vader ect ) then you and all would know this...the jedi had ledgends...both of good and bad knights...the suit vadeR had was not just any old medical suit but the suit of amour of a DARK KNIGHT...A SITH DARK KNIGHT...be like prince william dressing up like a nazi of late...the nazi uniform has a universial recoginized appeal...so anakin was placed in a suit of amour that people both jedi and creatin would see as symbol of office power and might...a ledgandary dark knight...now comes to life and woe be anyone who messes with him or the empire....

#5 User is offline   A Link to the Past Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 25 June 2005 - 03:36 AM

If it weren't for the action scenes, it would be 90% bad acting (the 10% is whoever played Palpatine, Christopher Lee and Ewan McGregor).

#6 User is offline   Gerhard Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 25 June 2005 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE (father judas priest @ Jun 25 2005, 07:27 AM)

That could be a theory, however it was never mentioned in the movies.
It's like the general feeling that "to understand Revenge of the Sith you have to see the Clone Wars cartoon", which for Lucas could be very good (more revenue from the Clone Wars DVD), but I saw a bit on TV and it did not appeal to me, it does not make sense that, to understand a movie, you have to see some cartoons.

Same applies to the Vader suit.

Regards

#7 User is offline   Gerhard Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 25 June 2005 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (A Link to the Past @ Jun 25 2005, 08:36 AM)
If it weren't for the action scenes, it would be 90% bad acting (the 10% is whoever played Palpatine, Christopher Lee and Ewan McGregor).

QUOTE (SithAvenger @ Jun 25 2005, 03:20 AM)
I respect your opinion, but I think this is better that AOTC. At least this movie was enjoyable. AOTC was a boring crapfest.

I can understand that ROTS is more appealing because it had more action. But for me personally I was looking for a story, a good story, and I think ROTS, on that department, failed dramatically.

It's funny looking back now to the new films, that for me, the best was Phantom Manace, at least it tried to tell a story, AOTC was pointless and badly written and Sith, for someone who grow up with the OT, was insulting.

Lucas stated that the effects are in is movies to help him to tell a story, after seeing the Prequels, I think the opposite is true, the story is in the movie, so that he can show the special effects. Maybe he was referring to the OT.

Regards

#8 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2005 - 10:16 AM

By adhering to the "always there are two, Master and Apprentice" the die was cut for trouble in the two followups, not to mention the continued campiness that began from ROTJ. Had Lucas gone past the first draft approach and actually watched the OT, I find it hard to believe that he'd make the choices he did.
Vader, Lord of the Sith, is Lord of only himself, as the Emperor and his Master is superior to him in both rank in the Empire and powers as a Sith, so its a meaningless title. Had Lucas gone with the idea that the Sith were a cult like entity, which infiltrated the Jedi Council and Republic, the final showdown where Jedi who are Sith turn on their true believer comrades would have some meaning. The prophecy thing could have still been used, with both camps knowing that Anakin's turning one way or another would result in one group dying out and the other thriving quite well. There could have been a ceremony with other Sith Lords conferring the title of Darth Vader on anakin, and it would have had some meaning, as he'd lead them into a new era where their will would be ushered in.

There's also little of interest to see on the screen. The Galactic Senate is just an elevated and better dressed set of losers that we first saw in Jabba's Palace, with just the ET's thrown in. The lightsaber battles have worn thin, why not just equip every clone with a 99 cent store version and give them the basic skills of swinging to wreck havoc on the enemy? Even on Mustafar, as with all areas of volcanic explosions, there are a lot of noxious gasses that are emitted, and activating a lightsaber could have had distrous results. Vader could have done himself in initially, igniting his sabre to finish off Obi Wan, and inadvertently setting a fireball that consumed him and left him disfigured.

And the Emperor has the ability to sense that Vader is in impending trouble on Mustafar and yet cannot forsee the dangers in the shaft that's in the middle of his tower on Death Star II, and how it could possibly be a source of trouble for him at he end? C'mon! The guy probably spent more time reflecting upon his potential demise than anything else.

No character is fleshed out, as I've written before. We know nothing about Obi Wan's origins, or Yoda's, or what happened to characters introduced like the long-necked Jedi or the flesh toned Yoda look-alike.

Instead we get more campy stuff like the "Deathstick" thing in ATOC which is about as effective as the truth.com commercials about the dangers about smoking. I don't smoke, but every time I see those, I'm tempted to buy a pack out of pure spite. The PT was all about the money, a giant infomercial for all the tie-ins and video games.

#9 User is offline   A Link to the Past Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 25 June 2005 - 01:08 PM

Problem is, AotC is no Casablanca.

#10 User is offline   Nicholas_Skywalker Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 25 June 2005 - 01:28 PM

Zoltan! devil.gif

#11 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 25 June 2005 - 04:01 PM

It's not even Spaceballs.

Doctor Zhivago is one of my favorite films. Big, sweeping canvas, and characters you see interact over decades, and grow to feel for. Alec Guinness' role is gravy.

Anyway, that was just ONE movie, and SO MUCH Happened. LOTR shows how a rapt audience will follow for a saga for half a day's time, even when the most fervent KNOW the outcome.

Every keystroke criticizing Lucas is fallen fruit from his lost crop.

#12 User is offline   Lord Melkor Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2005 - 06:52 PM

Gerhard, was Anakin`s turn really that bad? I agree that movie should be 30 minutes longer after his turn( and this scene was the worst, I must admit), but Luke almost turned in ROTJ, and he didn`t have half of Anakin`s reasons. Remember that Darkside is seductive, supernatural force of evil.

#13 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2005 - 07:00 PM

I think an alternate ending in ROTJ where Luke joins the Emperor would have been quite neat.

#14 User is offline   showmethemoney Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 25 June 2005 - 09:29 PM

The turn is Horrible! Remember, in th OT the temptation of Luke is just part of the climax.
In the PT IS the climax. It's what's all about. There are Three movies
to develop the falling of Anakin, It canīt be condensed to so short and bad writed scenes. Or it can, but then the fun is not in the flick but here.
I was hoping that the new movies could correct or improove the flaws of the OT, no t take them like cannon.

#15 User is offline   showmethemoney Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 25 June 2005 - 09:39 PM

I like the idea of more SW movies (afther Luca's death of course)
and Luke could be a great Sith emperor. Then the next trilogy is about the seek of a disciple (a new darth vader or something) to take back the control of the republic in the middle of the constant little local wars of the galaxy untill the new total war unified by Luke. Luke could kill Yoda in the final stance to the turn. And the son of Leia and Solo could be the hero to be tempted.
AND FINALLY A NEW TRILOGY WITH WRITERS, DIRECTORS AND ACTORS!!
(i know there are a lot of novels and comics about the future of Luke
but I did'nt got it here in my town, so probably this ideas are olds)

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size