Chefelf.com Night Life: Han Solo was going to be in ROTS! - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Han Solo was going to be in ROTS!

#1 User is offline   Bohrok Awakener Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 22 June 2005 - 01:43 PM

And we thought that the idea of including Han in ROTS was a joke. After looking through the Making of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith book, I am shocked to find out that in early versions of the script, a ten year-old Han Solo was to fight alongside Chewbacca on Kashyyyk. They even show concept scetches of him. I am in shock - but this just goes to prove that Lucas is as dumb as we make him out to be, if not dumber.

#2 User is offline   THX-1138 Icon

• New Cop

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:07 PM

You've got to be kidding. That doesn't even go along with Han's storyline. I'm surprised they didn't add a clip of Lando shouting "Poodoo!" when order 66 was issued.

#3 User is offline   Bohrok Awakener Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:47 PM

I'm not kidding. When did Lucas care about the Expanded Universe anyway? That's why he put V-wings (which are NOTHING like the EU V-wings) in ROTS. As for Lando, nothing's mentioned about him in the book... but I bet the thought crossed Lucas' mind. Maybe the author felt so embaressed for Lucas that he decided to leave that bit out.

The second most offensive thing was the truth behind the Star Wars saga - it's being told to the Whills by R2-D2 thousands of years after ROTJ. The films are told from Artoo's perspective (apparently). I really don't think I can describe the stupidity of this act.

#4 User is offline   Commodore Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 22 June 2005 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (Bohrok Awakener @ Jun 22 2005, 01:47 PM)
The second most offensive thing was the truth behind the Star Wars saga - it's being told to the Whills by R2-D2 thousands of years after ROTJ. The films are told from Artoo's perspective (apparently). I really don't think I can describe the stupidity of this act.

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!? You cannot be serious...oh please tell me you're joking... crying.gif angry.gif sick.gif

#5 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 22 June 2005 - 03:06 PM

I always thought SW was told in R2's perspective.

He is always there. In every scene.
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#6 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2005 - 03:15 PM

Guys, this is old news. There have been confirmed facts that he was originally going to be in ROTS, but he was removed later on.

Personally, I'm kinda sad he was removed... because that would have made the movie more ridicules than it already is. The more ridicules it is, the bigger my satisfaction!

#7 User is offline   Bohrok Awakener Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 22 June 2005 - 03:15 PM

If you think I'm joking, go to this review from The Force.net. About half-way down the page, it says the same things.

Whether it's told from Artoo's perspective or not it not the point. Lucas is saying that what we see, read and hear about Star Wars is really just Artoo talking to a group of Whills (whatever they are). Why can't it just be that we're seeing things at the same time they happen?

#8 User is offline   THX-1138 Icon

• New Cop

Posted 22 June 2005 - 04:05 PM

That doesn't seem right. There are a lot of scenes where he's not present, and probably wouldn't have known much about. Palpatine's arrest, the first part of cloud city, the duel in ROTJ, Greivous and Obi Wan, just to name a few.

#9 User is offline   dougte Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 22 June 2005 - 04:32 PM

I remember being really annoyed at the baby "Greedo" in Phantom Menace, and then REALLY PISSED at that stupid kid who played a young Boba Fett (he kept doing that annoying "heh, heh" laugh). After the movie I said to my friend, "Lucas is such a moron. I'm surprised he didn't put a young Han in this movie..."

Well, this bit of news (at least it's news to me) just confirms how out of touch he is....Wow. *me shaking my head* Just...wow.

#10 User is offline   Electric Monkey Icon

• New Cop

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:32 PM

Well, a mate of mine speculates that Lucas' kid is a young Han Solo - he escapes the Jedi massacre, goes into hiding, gives up the Jedi ways and within twenty years is bitter, disillusioned and scornful of "Hokey religions and ancient weapons" - and his Jedi-ness-itude explains the fancy flying he's capable of.

This post has been edited by Electric Monkey: 22 June 2005 - 08:32 PM

#11 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (Electric Monkey @ Jun 22 2005, 08:32 PM)
Well, a mate of mine speculates that Lucas' kid is a young Han Solo - he escapes the Jedi massacre, goes into hiding, gives up the Jedi ways and within twenty years is bitter, disillusioned and scornful of "Hokey religions and ancient weapons" - and his Jedi-ness-itude explains the fancy flying he's capable of.

That makes entirely too much sense. mellow.gif

#12 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:56 AM

he was cut before the first draft.

#13 User is offline   star_chaser65 Icon

• New Cop

Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:43 PM

lucas just seems to be obsessed with making sure we realize that OH MY GOD, THESE TAKE PLACE BEFORE ANH! gasp.

therefore, his way of ensuring this is to add as many baby characters from the old movies.

oh lucas.

#14 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:31 PM

like I said...he was cut before the FIRST DRAFT (it was finished after 4). What the hell is the criticism here?

#15 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:39 PM

Aside from showing how week first drafts can be, (lets face facts people, the first draft was probably written on the back of a bear mat.) the isn't any. It's just the need to bash a subject that's already been beaten to death a million times and isn't moving anymore.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size