• (2 Pages)
  • +

Top 10 Favorite Movies!

#16 User is offline   WalrusOfPlastic Icon

• Not Greg
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 February 2004 - 07:10 PM

In some slight semblance of order. (But not really.)

Benny and June
The Fox and the Hound
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
The Big Lebowski
Princess Mononoke
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
The Dark Crystal
Groundhog Day
(This has become slightly cliche but) Donnie Darko
The Whale Rider

Honorable mentions (not included in original list due to a significant rise in stress level while watching)
Dancer in the Dark
A.I.
Clockwork Orange (This wasn't as stressful but if I said I enjoyed it I would feel bad about myself.)

And also Vulger. Not because of talent, artistic approach or content but just because it's so twisted.

(In no way a definative list but I'll get over that.)

#17 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 13 February 2004 - 07:18 AM

DARK CITY has a good story. I really liked it the one time I saw it, but I'm not sure whether I liked it enough ever to see it again, so I'm surprised to see it on a top ten list. My favourite review of it came from Mike D'Angelo (now writing for Time Out New York; then a would-be professional critic with a website). It was in the form of a haiku:

Better than The Crow.
But then, I mean, Jesus Christ,
It'd have to be.

Cracked me up.

PS: Sam, I have to conclude that you have only ever seen ten movies. Otherwise, eight of those films would never have made your list.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#18 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 15 February 2004 - 08:35 PM

well, john carpenters: the thing. shouyld have been in my list aswell, but I couldn't think of it. I like films where people are trapped together and paranoid. A little cabin feaver never goes astray either. I also like the REs. Dogs' sountrack better. But I don't know, I love all Tarentino flicks but RD is just a film the goes down the right way for me, more so than the others. It's an exceptionally well made film, with the way it's presented, set, and delivered. plus so many more quotes...

"are you gonna bark all day little doggy, or are goin to bite?"
"mutha fucker, I'm tryin' to watch the lost boys"
"hey fuck you, fuck you, I'm fuckin' dyin' here, I'm fuckin' dying!"
"you keep talkin like a bitch, I'm gonna slap you like a bitch"

and so on, and so on...
it's just a great homage to tough guy films. Too much testosterone in one room for annyone to survive!!!

#19 Guest_kaz_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 24 February 2004 - 09:35 PM

1. ROTJ
2. Terminator 3
3. Ferngully
4. Independence day
5. Alien: Resurrection
6. the butterfly effect
7. seven
8. rollerball! (the NEW one)
9. dark city
10. the craft

yeah i like the matrix and all, and i like LOTR too, only the 2nd and 3rd movies, the 1st one was the biggest waste of time ever... no wait that was when my brother talked me into watching that james bond flick... or maybe that time i actually paid money to go see 28 days later... no wait this isn't about the worst movies, it's about the best. yes. rotj is simply the best movie ever, and ferngully is the funniest, after that it's a free-for-all. rolleyes.gif

#20 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 24 February 2004 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (kaz @ Feb 24 2004, 09:35 PM)
1. ROTJ
2. Terminator 3
3. Ferngully
4. Independence day
5. Alien: Resurrection
6. the butterfly effect
7. seven
8. rollerball! (the NEW one)
9. dark city
10. the craft

yeah i like the matrix and all, and i like LOTR too, only the 2nd and 3rd movies, the 1st one was the biggest waste of time ever...

HA! LOL!

I can't actually tell what you're after here, since SEVEN is actually a really good movie. I wouldn't put it on a top ten list or anything, but it's a really good film for its genre. And DARK CITY isn't absolutely terrible. But all the other stuff, and saying FOTR is the least of the three LOTR films ... I just can't figure what joke you're trying to tell.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#21 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2004 - 12:17 PM

Ferngully? Alien: Resurrection? ROLLERBALL!? God just kill me now...

#22 User is offline   jyd Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 10:12 PM

you guys have no sense of humor, that last list was obviously a joke, alien ressurection rofl...rollerball, thanks for the laugh here is my list in chronological order of which i though of first [edit] those two as well as Independence Day and Terminator 3 are actually 4 of my top 5 MOST HORRIBLE AND PATHETIC I WANT TO SHOOT MY GENITALIA movies

No Escape (where the guy goes to the island jail, that movie rules)
Dumb & Dumber..never gets old to me
Platoon
Braveheart
Predator

well actually i will stop at 5 before i settle for one not worthy of my list while i cant think of 10 of my favorites

This post has been edited by jyd: 25 February 2004 - 10:14 PM

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size