• This topic is locked

War against Iran May have already begun

#181 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 22 July 2005 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (James12345 @ Jul 22 2005, 03:16 PM)
Also the person who decides to use bold italic font as opposed to underlined gothic had earned his position...for the most part.  Most executives (decision makers) worked their way up the ladder.  Learn how to play the game, don't get mad because the captain of the football team is porking your girlfriend.

We weren't talking about how middle management got its job, or even senior management for that matter. We were talking about WORTH vs PAY. And the age-old experiment applies: if the managers all walked out one day to attend a meeting, how much WORK would get done? In most businesses, their absence would not even be noted. If all of the beanpickers went to a meeting, how much coffee would get picked?

I have worked in a number of corporate settings, and they are all the same: workers tend to get paid based on the work they do. Management has no real standards, and managers get promoted based on who their friends are. I have been to these team meetings and presentations: they never change the work that is being done, and the management gets reorganised every six months. The only workers of any worth in any business are the labourers and the salesmen. The managers don't know anything. And I'm not bitter because someone is porking someone. I got out of that business.
And on a lighter note.... who doesn't like lesbians? They're hot!

Yeesh. Not the lesbians I know ... One hairstyle per head, girls!
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#182 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 06:17 PM

Anyway, to reply to your trollishness: when I was in Arizona a man was killed (not near me, I admit) for being brown. He wasn't even Afghani; he was a Sikh

Just because an individual commits an act of racism doesn't meant he govt or the country are "curtailing" civil liberties or racist.

#183 User is offline   Ham Salad Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Racing my ship, the Millenium Falcon in the annual Kessel Run. Rescuing princesses and Jedi from the clutches of the empire. Not paying my gambling debts to Jaba. <br /><br />Shooting FIRST, and asking questions later!<br />

Posted 22 July 2005 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Jul 22 2005, 05:43 PM)
You accused me of not knowing anything about the subject YOU brought up, Ayn Rand, while you have not had anything to say about her apart from that homophobic outburst, followed by some blushing admission that you didn't really remember the books all that well. 

You brought up Ayn Rand genius, go ahead look back! Hero worship? I never said I was a fan, I only defended her against the labeling of woman hater. Yes, most hardcore feminists are buzz cut bull dyke lesbians, sorry JM, but they are not hot, far from it. Picture Rosy O'Dumbell after 6 months in a prison gym without shaving. Not hot! If you are to deny this then you have not lived in a major metropolitan area nor on a college campus. Besides, you're taking Rand's rape comments grossly out of context.

P.S.- Most Americans wave their flag out of pride. They believe in their nation, and what the flag represents to them. Not like Canadians who only display their flag stapled to their European travel bag out of cowardice (The Maple Leaf badge of courage! "I'm not proud of Canada, I don't want to be mistaken for an American") I never heard of anyone worrying about the opinion of Canadians, as a matter of fact, I never even here "Canadians" or "Canada" mentioned at all. It's so wonderful knowing that the 33 million people in Canada (less poulation than California) are worried to death about their neighbor to the south when most Americans think Canada is the 51st state or "somewhere yonder by Alaska", I love it!

#184 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 22 July 2005 - 06:48 PM

Renegade-I don't think he was talking about the government. I've also seen a MAJOR difference in Americans since 9/11.

Couple weeks back, my store had a big surge in American customers. I was getting a ton of Califorina, Florda, etc.. ID cards for memberships.

Many of the American's I've dealt with become a bit shaky once I say "oh california, nice place" or "hey you're like the 25 th American I signed up". I've had one customer who actually said "we're not all bad" then gave a nervous giggle.

I shit you not, last friday I signed up a girl from Florda, she was the one that I said "hey you're like the 25 th American I've signed up recnetly". She just looked at me then looked down at the membership card and goes "must be all the work up here". I didn't say anything else cause she delivered the statement with a mind your own business tone. Afterwards I thought about it and I felt guilty for pointing out her 'americanness'. I could just tell it made her a bit edgy.

Fact is Americans up here that I've met are really self consious about the whole Iraqi War.

are worried to death about their neighbor to the south when most Americans think Canada is the 51st state or "somewhere yonder by Alaska", I love it!

That could be seen as a bad thing. I've been to the states a few times. I've seen a fair mix of good and bad. i'm not Anti-American in the least, but I have noticed that Americans who come to my video store seem a bit self consious.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 22 July 2005 - 06:53 PM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#185 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2005 - 06:48 PM

Just because an individual commits an act of racism doesn't meant he govt or the country are "curtailing" civil liberties or racist.

I never said it did.

This post has been edited by civilian_number_two: 22 July 2005 - 06:49 PM

"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#186 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2005 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (Ham Salad @ Jul 22 2005, 06:47 PM)
Hero worship?  I never said I was a fan, I only defended her against the labeling of woman hater.

No you didn't. laugh.gif

#187 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:05 PM

Renegade-I don't think he was talking about the government. I've also seen a MAJOR difference in Americans since 9/11.

Mmm well I'd say there is a bit of difference in Americans oversees maybe because of the Iraq war but I was mostly saying that America hasn't changed much as a result of 9/11 in regards to civil liberties

#188 User is offline   Ham Salad Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Racing my ship, the Millenium Falcon in the annual Kessel Run. Rescuing princesses and Jedi from the clutches of the empire. Not paying my gambling debts to Jaba. <br /><br />Shooting FIRST, and asking questions later!<br />

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Jul 22 2005, 06:52 PM)
No you didn't.  laugh.gif

You brought her up:

" A good breakdown of that nonsense argument can be found in ATLAS SHRUGGED, about as nonsensical a piece of anti-commie propoganda as ever came out of the McCarthy era.."

How forgetful you are, but then again most of the stuff you bray and babble about is quite forgetful.

#189 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (Ham Salad @ Jul 22 2005, 06:47 PM)
P.S.- Most Americans wave their flag out of pride. They believe in their nation, and what the flag represents to them.

Proud of what? Flag representation went UP after the US invaded Afghanistan, a nation that has not YET been linked to 9/11, outside of that speech Bush made two days after the attacks. Americans wave their flag to "support the troops," out of fear that they will create the disenfranchised post-Vietnam vet, something they are not proud of. "Supporting the troops" eventually becomes "supporting the war," whether you like it or not. You say it's pride, or patriotism, I say it's solidarity out of fear that they might collapse the economy, or be labelled unpatriotic. It's a Patriotism of Fear. I'd say Jordan's comments pretty much sum up a lot of the Americans I have seen abroad as well. Embarrassed, but "proud."

I don't know about the cowardly Canadians you have met, or their weak-willed flag ownership, but as you have made quite a few quick leaps to insult so far in this thread, I'll just toss that in with the rest of it.

(Rape business, Taggart resigning to Galt = not being taken out of context. BOTH novels ended in lengthy philosophical rants, so they are really more political propaganda than fiction. The rape was a central act involving archetypes. In Rand's "philosophical" works she quoted her own novels for support, so she meant them to be taken very seriously. You don't just go have your "hero" rape someone and then have her give in because he is such a powerhouse, not in that sort of work, unless you want to make a comment about the roles of men and women. Rand hated women, and not just lesbians and feminists. Oddly enough, lesbians have found a lot to cling to in Rand, because of the individualism, while feminists don't like her much, because of the rape thing.)

Yeah, I mentioned Rand's name first; you're right. Mea culpa. Doesn't prove you don't worship her, and you did attack lesbians, as well as feminists (though now you qualify it with "militant," whatever that means). So appeal to the rest of the room, but you ain't convincing me.

#190 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (Ham Salad @ Jul 22 2005, 07:09 PM)
How forgetful you are, but then again most of the stuff you bray and babble about is quite forgetful.

Keep up the childish attacks; it really strengthens your posts. I am now officially ignoring you again.

#191 User is offline   James12345 Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Jul 22 2005, 06:48 PM)
Fact is Americans up here that I've met are really self consious about the whole Iraqi War.

Thats because they're liberal americans, i'm proud to be a conservative AMERICAN and could care less what Canada thinks

#192 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:16 PM

Flag representation went UP after the US invaded Afghanistan, a nation that has not YET been linked to 9/11, outside of that speech Bush made two days after the attacks.

Huh???? Al Quada being in Afghanistan under the taliban was hardly a misnomer..?

#193 User is offline   James12345 Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:21 PM

Civilian #2 you are very graceful when you beat around the bush (no pun intended)

So let me ask you very directly, what do you want? How would you have society operate? (LOL, I already know where this is going)

Can you please answer this question so I can point out the fact that you like to critique the ideas of others while offering no ideas of your own?

wink.gif

#194 User is offline   Ham Salad Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Jul 22 2005, 07:10 PM)
Yeah, I mentioned Rand's name first; you're right.  Mea culpa.  Doesn't prove you don't worship her, and you did attack lesbians, as well as feminists (though now you qualify it with "militant," whatever that means).  So appeal to the rest of the room, but you ain't convincing me.

You're a complete dipsh_t. I never used the word "miltant". Honestly, are you misquoting me on purpose?
Keep on babbling, and making things up!

#195 User is offline   James12345 Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:31 PM

Civilian when I dont respond to your rebuttal dont think that I am hiding, I am leaving for vacation first thing in the mourning for two weeks.

Don't worry Ill have plenty of time to scoff at your remarks when I return. wink.gif

• (59 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked