• (3 Pages)
  • +

Lost Lightsaber

#1 User is offline   julie123 Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 17 June 2005 - 12:38 PM

This scene was one of the most incredibly boring trailers for the OT that took place in Clones. After chasing the hired bounty hunter/changeling to a nightclub in Corescent, Anakin is prevented from pursuing her further by Obi-Wan, who insists on lecturing him about loosing his lightsaber. I remember watching this scene and thinking, yeah, yeah, I know Obi-Wan has to give Luke his daddy’s lightsabre in Episode 4 and so Lucas is setting up the whole Anakin looses his lightsabre whilst in a battle with Kenobi in Episode III, but in the mean time, that bounty hunter has had time to have sex, smoke a cigarette and still get away by the time you finish lecturing him, so you might want to get on with it. The only reason she didn’t is because Lucas wrote this crap.

#2 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 17 June 2005 - 02:24 PM

Not if there's only one entrance to the club, but since when have clubs had only one entrance? I'll answer: never.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#3 User is offline   WalkingCarpet Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Puns, irony & sarcasm

Posted 17 June 2005 - 05:47 PM

Again. Jedi arrogance.

"We're Jedi. We'll catch her. Even if she is a changeling, whatever that is."

Yeh, again because Lucas wrote it. Utter shite.

#4 User is offline   THX-1138 Icon

• New Cop

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:37 PM

Well, there may be more club entrances, but they might be fire exits, which would start an alarm and cause panic.

#5 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 23 June 2005 - 08:13 PM

True, but -
Quick, she's getting away!
No, let me scold you first!
Whatever...
I'm serious! Scolding in general and scolding about the lightsaber in particular!
But she...
She went in there to hide, not to get laid which she could readily do in the time we've afforded her... I mean run.
Oh kay, now can we go after Mystique, I mean the changeling?
Yes, I am finished with my ponderous lecture.

You see?

#6 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 23 June 2005 - 09:30 PM

Well, there may be more club entrances, but they might be fire exits, which would start an alarm and cause panic.

LOL!!! Then she/he's a really dumb assassin! That's EXACTLY what I would've done---cause panic and chaos, escape in the mess! Wow, you've made Zam look even stupider--Yes!
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#7 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:43 PM

erm...(cough cough)...what?

#8 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:53 PM

It'll be easier to escape in a large panicky running crowd. You're harder to notice, and even harder to get to with lightsabers.

And what's in that place to burn? It's all metal.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#9 User is offline   xenduck Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:to inspire you vast and cool intellects to regard Star Wars with more sympathetic eyes.

Posted 27 June 2005 - 01:24 AM

obi-wan says quite plainly that she went in there to hide, not to run. (a jedi's intuition i guess) so there was plenty of time for a scolding.
Officer! officer! quick! all my money was stolen by a man in flannel!

#10 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 28 June 2005 - 10:28 AM

Point is that if she was smarter she could've escaped easily.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#11 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 28 June 2005 - 10:36 PM

Zam is really stupid, she doesn't change her form, she doesn't fire Obi-Wan when she has the chance and she doesn't try to tun when the two idiots are talking about a lost lightsaber. She is really STUPID.
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#12 User is offline   DarthTherion Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 29 June 2005 - 05:12 PM

"obi-wan says quite plainly that she went in there to hide, not to run. (a jedi's intuition i guess) so there was plenty of time for a scolding."

Quite right. The Jedi had tracked her down when she was in a moving vehicle -- would she have been able to escape on foot? Running from people who can sense her motions?

She chose to blend into a crowd where there would be alot of life forms, making it more difficult for the Jedi to sense her -- then she tried to sneak up on one of them. She was pretty much trapped.

#13 User is offline   xenduck Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:to inspire you vast and cool intellects to regard Star Wars with more sympathetic eyes.

Posted 01 July 2005 - 12:46 PM

after anakin landed on top of her speeder outta nowhere, when she thought she had lost him, she decided running wasnt gonna help.

like just about anyone (stupid or otherwise) once you're cornered, you will attack. in a crowd, close range is required, to get close, you have to sneak. unfortunatly for her, none of these tactics are effective against a jedi. she acted quite correctly, but was simply out of her league.
Officer! officer! quick! all my money was stolen by a man in flannel!

#14 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:51 AM

Personally, Obi-Wan's scolding and bitching (that's right, even his bitching) to Anakin is just plain annoying at times. This is NOT how the Jedi should have been in any way. But unforunately, Lucas decided that the best way to make his movies is to reduce what was once the coolest fictional people in history to a bunch of morons!

#15 User is offline   WalkingCarpet Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Puns, irony &amp; sarcasm

Posted 04 July 2005 - 06:10 AM

The portrayal of the Obi-Wan/Anakin relationship was one of the worst aspects of the PT.

- Qui-Gon was the guy who forged an instant bond with the kid, Obi-Wan just sort of got lumped with training him.
- Anakin was too young in TPM. The age gap makes Obi more like his uncle than his brother.
- Hardly any screen time together in AOTC, which means no rapport is being established.
- In the scenes that they are together, they seem to seriously dislike each other. One piece of banter about who saved whose life looks pretty weak next to scene upon scene of "It's all Obi-Wan's fault" and "Anakin, listen to me, pay attention, are you chewing?!"
- In ROTS we finally get a scene of affection between them, so they ARE friends after all. Too little too late in my opinion.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size