• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Batman Begins Review

#61 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 20 August 2005 - 08:56 AM

When you guys say "Holly" you're referring to Harley Quinn, right?

Back to love interest debacles, my biggest problem with Katie Holmes was her voice - she didn't sound like a woman, she sounded like a 6 year old girl asking "Please sir, I'd like some more." Meanwhile, a friend of mine commented that Holmes doesn't have the facial features for a woman crusading against crime via the court system.

But I'm sure Kate Bosworth will one up Holmes in "Superman Returns" in the bad love interest department.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#62 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 20 August 2005 - 12:03 PM

I'm not sure about the whole Joker/Harley Quinn thing being in the movies, but then again, I've never really been on the Harley bandwagon like most people have for some reason.

But if they must, no way in hell should it even be touched in the second movie.
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#63 User is offline   SouthernRonin Icon

• Director of Fall of a Saga
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 21 August 2005 - 01:58 AM

That's really an interesting idea, the Harley Quinn angle. I want to say, "Yes, you're right, it should be left behind for the second film, and only picked up later", but I don't want to count out David Goyer and Chris Nolan. The fact that they took a phrase like "League of Shadows" and made it believable should speak wonders for them...it's an easy thing to flub.

If they could describe an honest relationship between Harley and Joker, there could be a lot of dramatic possibilities there.
Watch "Fall of a Saga" on Southern Ronin.com - The film for every Star Wars fan that died when Greedo shot first.

The Creative Orgasm - You have to see it for yourself.

#64 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 18 November 2005 - 04:01 AM

Sorry to rehash old news, but I just watched Batman Begins.

What was all the fuss about? Ninja's in the mountains, sapy stupid jokes, Batman not killing anyone, Scare Crow being a side show freak with no pull at all, Crime lords being taken out with ease (regardless of how powerful they are), the tyco bat car, etc...

I thought this movie was more campy than the 1989 film with Keaton. Fuck, batman's voice was even lame.

I was so upset with this film. There was all this build up to begin with and then the end came so fast.

ONly thing I liked was the motto of the LEague of shadows. I thought that was really dark and cool.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 18 November 2005 - 04:09 AM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#65 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 21 November 2005 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Nov 18 2005, 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry to rehash old news, but I just watched Batman Begins.

What was all the fuss about? Ninja's in the mountains, sapy stupid jokes, Batman not killing anyone, Scare Crow being a side show freak with no pull at all, Crime lords being taken out with ease (regardless of how powerful they are), the tyco bat car, etc...

I thought this movie was more campy than the 1989 film with Keaton. Fuck, batman's voice was even lame.

I was so upset with this film. There was all this build up to begin with and then the end came so fast.

ONly thing I liked was the motto of the LEague of shadows. I thought that was really dark and cool.

This film was not campy.

And it's still a Hell of a lot better than Batman & Robin.

This post has been edited by Lord Aquaman: 21 November 2005 - 06:14 PM

I am the Fisher King.

#66 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 23 November 2005 - 05:52 PM

I also had complaints about it. Having read Frank Miller's "Batman: Year One," I was excited to hear they were making a movie out of it. Turns out in the end they purchased Year One, used a fewof the names, and then wrote their own bunch of nonsense. The guy looks like Batman, and more or less talks like Batman, but has little in common with the Batman of the comic books. All changes being, as expected, for the worse.

Jordan: Batman in the comics never kills anyone. So that isn't bad.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#67 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 21 May 2006 - 07:19 AM

So I watched Batman Begins last night. I didn’t expect it to be anything special but I really really liked it. I think I even liked it better than Batman Returns which I never thought would be possible because Michelle Pfeiffer was so hot.

It was good and long too. I like that. Although I have to admit, Kattie Holmes was a very unconvincing adult. Of all the people in the cast, she seemed to be the only one who was distracting.

I give this movie four out of four kitties. thumbsup.gif

#68 User is offline   Cyzyk Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2006 - 03:23 PM

I give this movie four out of four kitties.

I liked Batman Begins as much as Sailor Abbey likes her dog...
Tolerance is another word for Apathy

#69 User is offline   Otal Nimrodi Icon

• Miracle Ghost
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I like my my little pony characters like I like my suspected criminals. Mirandized.

Posted 21 May 2006 - 04:00 PM

I think she has a lot of them.

And most of them she likes...
Want a Tarot reading?

PM me, we'll talk.

#70 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2006 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE (Sailor Abbey @ May 21 2006, 05:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I watched Batman Begins last night. I didn’t expect it to be anything special but I really really liked it. I think I even liked it better than Batman Returns which I never thought would be possible because Michelle Pfeiffer was so hot.

It was good and long too. I like that. Although I have to admit, Kattie Holmes was a very unconvincing adult. Of all the people in the cast, she seemed to be the only one who was distracting.

I give this movie four out of four kitties. thumbsup.gif

I think Katie Holmes presence in the film annoys me more now than it did when I first watched it, probably because of her falling in with that jagoff Tom Cruise, followed by her giving birth to his unholy child - assuming that the whole thing wasn't just one big sickly elaborate hoax.
I am the Fisher King.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size