• +

Worst dialogue

#1 User is offline   WalkingCarpet Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Puns, irony & sarcasm

Posted 16 June 2005 - 09:05 AM

I haven't seen this one mentioned yet but apologies if it has been.

One of the worst pieces of dialogue in my opinion is during Palpatine and Anakin's post-Dooku-decapitation conference.

Roughly went like this I believe;

ANAKIN: He was unarmed, its not the Jedi way

PALPS: But its not the first time is it. Remember what you told me about your mother and the sand people .

This bit is not necessary. We saw EpII, we know what the other time was that he's referring to. May as well have a "Previously on Star Wars" section before the opening scrawl.

Anyway, any other nominations for the "I Don't Like Sand" award for worst Episode III dialogue?

#2 User is offline   Thracozaag Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 16 June 2005 - 09:10 AM

QUOTE (WalkingCarpet @ Jun 16 2005, 09:05 AM)
Anyway, any other nominations for the "I Don't Like Sand" award for worst Episode III dialogue?

That was Ep. II; although I think that ghastly bit of dialogue is actually superceeded in sheer awfulness by the "you're so beautiful" bit of dreadful bantering.

koji

#3 User is offline   Hari Seldon Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE (Thracozaag @ Jun 16 2005, 02:10 PM)
That was Ep. II; although I think that ghastly bit of dialogue is actually superceeded in sheer awfulness by the "you're so beautiful" bit of dreadful bantering.

koji

And also, some awful whistling from R2D2. whistling.gif
"I prefer rationalism to atheism. The question of God and other objects-of-faith are outside reason and play no part in rationalism, thus you don't have to waste your time in either attacking or defending."

Isaac Asimov

#4 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:57 AM

The Medical Droid delivering the twins who speaks english (or an intelligible language the audience can comprehend depending where in the world you are) but switches to an alien/droid language when Padme pops out Leia, making the "UUMPHA" sound over and over. Now, that's embarrassing

#5 User is offline   julie123 Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE (Darth Player @ Jun 16 2005, 03:57 PM)
The Medical Droid delivering the twins who speaks english (or an intelligible language the audience can comprehend depending where in the world you are) but switches to an alien/droid language when Padme pops out Leia, making the "UUMPHA" sound over and over. Now, that's embarrassing

Yep. Also added to how "cold" this scene was. I'm sure any one dying would prefer human contact rather than a droid. Myself, I think the droid was substituting for George Lucas.

#6 User is offline   elvenpianist Icon

• New Cop

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:20 AM

Just in ep 3?
The "you're so beautiful" dialoge was atrociously bad, but it takes a back seat to palpatine's "I have waited for this a long time, my little green friend."

ermm.gif

Had the potential to be one of the most dramatic parts of the film....

#7 User is offline   i don't like sand Icon

• New Cop

Posted 16 June 2005 - 12:02 PM

Padme's dialogue when she found out Anakin turned to the dark side was atrocious, with lame comments like "I don't know you anymnore" and "You're breaking my heart". God, no wonder Anakin choked her.

#8 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:29 PM

biggrin.gif

The worst of all was "Not, if anything to say about that, I have". It's the worst, BY FAR.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#9 User is offline   Commodore Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:41 PM

Anything that Grievious says. My personal favorite is "Just as Count Doooookuuu predicted!!!"

Or maybe "Time to abandon ship!!!"

#10 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2005 - 03:40 PM

Poor Anthony Daniels, he had to get suited up and stay in the suit for hors at a time delivering the worst dialogue he had in any of the six movies. And it was really pathetic obvious stuff like "I feel so helpless...." when the shale has hit the fan and everyone knows everyone on screen is feeling that.

#11 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2005 - 04:02 PM

And if I may add that anything said by Jimmy Smits/Bail Organa gives me an idea which orafice of his Yoda's walking stick wound up in.

As for Yoda, I think that when they used the more realistic puppet and Frank Oz was under the floor boards, it forced him to make every line count to avoid retakes, hence the better job. I know they used an unrealistic puppet in TPM, but I can't believe it was the same one used in Empire. Something went terribly wrong with Yoda.

And I get a mental image of Jake Lloyd high fiving Haden Christensen on his performance in ATOC and ROTS preserving the "Mannequin Skywalker" continuity....

#12 User is offline   Quark79 Icon

• New Cop

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:33 PM

Anything that Grievious says. My personal favorite is "Just as Count Doooookuuu predicted!!!"

Or maybe "Time to abandon ship!!!"

Heh, reminds me of this ytmnd...

http://silentfilmstarwars.ytmnd.com/

#13 User is offline   WalkingCarpet Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Puns, irony & sarcasm

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (Darth Player @ Jun 16 2005, 09:40 PM)
Poor Anthony Daniels, he had to get suited up and stay in the suit for hors at a time delivering the worst dialogue he had in any of the six movies. And it was really pathetic obvious stuff like "I feel so helpless...." when the shale has hit the fan and everyone knows everyone on screen is feeling that.

Sorry, I disagree with that one. At least there were no Threepio puns this time, as in EpII. Fisto should have given him a force-whupping when he had the chance.

#14 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 June 2005 - 11:15 AM

Just in ep 3?
The "you're so beautiful" dialoge was atrociously bad, but it takes a back seat to palpatine's "I have waited for this a long time, my little green friend."

He calls him my little green friend? That's just... pathatic, and so childish, too. It sounds like something taken straight out of an 80's cartoon!

#15 User is offline   Hari Seldon Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2005 - 03:54 AM

It's weird nobody mentioned that grand moment, when newly named Darth Vader is about to lightsaber some jedi younglings (ick!) and one of them, not knowing his true intentions, delivers this:
"Masta Skywalka, they're too many, what are we gonna do?"

Boy, that was dumb.
Kind of felt like that ooold series, "A House on the Prairy", when the indians were attacking, or something.

This post has been edited by Hari Seldon: 18 June 2005 - 03:55 AM

"I prefer rationalism to atheism. The question of God and other objects-of-faith are outside reason and play no part in rationalism, thus you don't have to waste your time in either attacking or defending."

Isaac Asimov

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size