Chefelf.com Night Life: whos to really blame "us" or "them" - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

whos to really blame "us" or "them" the movie going public vs HW producers

#1 User is offline   father judas priest Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 13 June 2005 - 12:17 AM

question who is really to blame for the sub-par movies we have seen as of the last 20 years...i pose this question in light of seeing several recent movies of non hollywood origin...just tonight i watched the re-image of zatochi the blindswordman ( 2003 ) on a cable channel...wow it blew me away...now i have seen the original "zatochi" series on ifc but i didnt know it was re-imaged...it blew me away...and makes people like old multi-chin GL look bad...the whole story stand by itself...on the other hand the remake of "dawn of the dead" ( 2004) blew about as much as SW EP1 did...i could care a sh1t less about any of the characters getting chew up by zombies...but then again romero is a sell out like lucas his 1985 day of the dead was worst than SW EP 1...will his land of the dead out in 2 weeks be a master piece or another bowel movement...???....why does hollywood treat the public with a 5 th grade grasp on things...old GL needs to watch series like THE SHIELD which is the best tv show on...i dont know...maybe in a world where people think the re-image of SW ( ep 4-6 ) and prequells ( 1 -3 ) are streak when in reality they are sh1t sandwitches the public gets what they deserve...

#2 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 13 June 2005 - 12:45 PM

Well, Romero didn't do the remake of "Dawn of the Dead" (Thankfully, we had "Shawn of the Dead" to make up for that), and I'm actually excited to see his "Land of the Dead," but your point is taken.

I had heard a comment somewhere that basically said, "Hollywood hates its audience," and that's because they "don't know what we want." Well, it's time to get their heads out of their asses and find out. They need to fire ALL of the producers. Ever watch "Project: Greenlight?" Whether you hate Affleck or Damon is not the issue, but it certainly is a major eye-opener on how films are made. Wow.

Makes me glad I'm a schlub sometimes.
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#3 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 13 June 2005 - 02:27 PM

Shawn of the Dead = Amazing movie.

Some idiot that sits next to me in summer school thinks it's stupid that they were throwing records at zombies. He also likes the PT, so we know how much his opinion is worth. *wink, wink*
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#4 User is offline   father judas priest Icon

• New Cop

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:32 PM

i know romero didnt do the remake of dawn...i said that his 1985 day of the dead was bad movie making....for starters there are no caves in floridia that arent under water...its a sead level or slighty above...it was just bad bad movie making...and i agree jollywood dont think too much of its audience...thats why i PAY to see not to many movies...as for as land of the dead, lets see romero is a good movie maker...i just wonder what went wrong with day of the dead

#5 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 13 June 2005 - 05:20 PM

Caves in florida aren't that big of a problem in movies. Certainly you can find better stuff to complain about...
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#6 User is offline   Vampsmasher Icon

• New Cop

Posted 13 June 2005 - 05:40 PM

Floppydisk, give me a break. Your powers of argumentation are lacking, and this is no excuse. Once again, the man said Day of the Dead was shit, and that was probably one reason, and you know it. Why you hate this guy immediately enough to smugly brush off his argument is beyond me. Could be your proud of your # of posts(usually is in cases of 'oldbies' vs. 'newbies' I see nothing wrong with his argument, ,and the posts to the contrary are nothing short of blatant ignoring of what he is presenting. This board seems to have a habit (its oldbies) of being hostile to anything said, as if communication were not the point, but newby posts nothing but fodder for smug responses.

I understand what he is saying perfectly. Why the hostility in the responses I really don't know, its rediculous.

Arrogance I suppose.

He could be ranting, but shit, thats all I see from most people here. If he is, he has as much right as anybody else.

Christ. I see his point, it doen't take much to consider it, its a simple point, he's not arguing for a Supreme COurt case, and its really pretty simple.

Meaning, it doesn't call for idiotic dismissals of this sort.

I am really disapointed in this board, it seems to consist of arrogant bastards who basically do nothing but "get off" on belittling people and their posts for fun. Nobody can really control that kind of shit, ,but this resposnse here is so typical.

Somebody will post some basic and simple opinion, and no matter what the responders believe about it, they take it as a random opportunity to exert themselves upon other people. What a joke.

#7 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 13 June 2005 - 05:47 PM

I'm not belittling people, nor do I consider my opinions better than yours simply because I have a higher post count. I haven't seen that movie, and I may not now that I know that a lot of people hate it. I was simply pointing out that something like caves is a silly reason to not like a movie.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#8 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 13 June 2005 - 06:33 PM

My bad, father. Was reading the post at work and skimmed through too fast.
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#9 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 13 June 2005 - 06:52 PM

geeze vampsmasher....

his remark wasn't that bad... it didn't come off anything like what you ranted about there...

I'm sure father judas is completely untraumatized by floppydisk, despite the fact that it seemed to open a can of worms burried in your issue laden pshyche...

so just chill, no ones trying to hurt anyone here...

#10 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 13 June 2005 - 06:57 PM

Thanks for the assist, barend. thumbsup.gif
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#11 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 13 June 2005 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (floppydisk @ Jun 13 2005, 06:57 PM)
Thanks for the assist, barend. thumbsup.gif

picking on you is MY JOB!!!

#12 User is offline   father judas priest Icon

• New Cop

Posted 14 June 2005 - 01:01 AM

look its more than caves in day of the dead...you want points of contest well here are some...capt rhodes character is really slighted...he was a bad ass but romero capped him...hey at the end of the movie the zombies all of a sudden have super strenght and tear him in two...bull....also i dont care what the events leading up to day was...the movie just did gel...unlike night or the dawn original there were no attachments to the characters...i just didnt care if the white chick got out with the drunk radio operator and the black chopper pliot...just didnt care...poor movie making...over all...what was romero thinking like olf GL...did they just not care to make a quality product and if so why didnt they contract out to another writer...look so what if you dont get credit at the films end...if GL or romero give you cool millions to make a story then whats your problem...look i have a great SW or livivng dead movie story,,,if anyone can put me in touch with these has-beens i can make them boo-koo dollars...i am serious as cancer...someonr hook me up with these wash-outs...we can make movie history,,,,,

#13 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 14 June 2005 - 02:10 AM

i have yet to see day of the dead....

i bought in on DVD a few months ago, but when i opened it there was a strange smell and my throat dried up instantly. I sounded like michael wincot for two weeks...

i've not touched it since...

#14 User is offline   Vampsmasher Icon

• New Cop

Posted 14 June 2005 - 12:15 PM

Screw this board and the assholes who have their 1000+ count, if I had a nickel for every post I opened of yours Barend with an idiotic smug remark
passing as some response to some newbie's thoughts I'd be a rich man. Your mind doesn't seem to have a will of its own, it seems to be an automatic function to post some trite remark to make people laugh at whoever your post is a reponse to, and somehow make you look like some kind of online geek badass. Its pathetic.

I have better things to do then this shit, I dropped in here because of Star Wars and saw a lot of people posting all kinds of interesting ideas and thoughts about it, until it seems, the people who have been here WAY too long started thier geeklord arrogance. Pathetic barend, pathetic. Enjoy your little faggy online turf here, and keep thinking your the badass, I have read enough shit of your so called responses to see you are like an embedded troll that somehow by the glory of the sheer number of posts and familiarity with other "oldbies" you've achieved some kind of status.

Good god man get over yourself.

Your posts aren't just oldman-who-knows-everybody-here, they're just asshole-posts. Your a dick to everyone. I've seen this too many times before, I aint gonna waste no more time here.

By the way, while you are busy jacking off on the newbies, do yourself a favor and monitor how much of that shit you do, because as time goes by, ,eventually, there's going to be more of them than you, and they're going to one day point out how small that penile regurgutator really is while your stroking it.

#15 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:17 PM

Well, if defending posters from people like you who insult everyone is pathetic, then I’m sure a new word needs to be invented for someone who keeps returning under different pseudonyms after being kindly asked to leave several times for being obsessively insulting to everyone....

but you wouldn't know anything about that would you

whistling.gif

EDIT: additional…

Why did it take you half an essay of phallic-imagery obsessed drivel to basically resort to: “take’s one to know one!”

This post has been edited by barend: 14 June 2005 - 07:29 PM

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size