Star Wars Fan Convention

• (4 Pages)
  • +

I'm confused...

#16 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:40 AM

I second, or rather third that hate... though I loved SW and enjoyed ROTS, the shambled creations that are Episode I and II are cause to hate.

Still, Sith, tone down the signature - too big.

#17 User is offline   Hari Seldon Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (Mnesymone @ Jun 19 2005, 12:40 PM)
Still, Sith, tone down the signature - too big.

And it seems a Microsoft Paint job. whistling.gif
"I prefer rationalism to atheism. The question of God and other objects-of-faith are outside reason and play no part in rationalism, thus you don't have to waste your time in either attacking or defending."

Isaac Asimov

#18 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 19 June 2005 - 05:21 PM

Nothing wrong with MS paint. That's where I do all my "artwork"... It's not that bad, is it?
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#19 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 19 June 2005 - 06:25 PM

Okay, I'll make it smaller. Are you happy now, Mnesymone?
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#20 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 19 June 2005 - 06:26 PM

Damn it. I miss that drawing. sad.gif

#21 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 19 June 2005 - 09:08 PM

I can't help you Gif, but I can relate to what you're going through. Back 1989, I was about 9 years old.

My life was changed forever when I saw the first Batman Trailer. I would watch TV just to get a glimpse of the trailer. I became obssessed with Batman.

Any how, I watched the trailer enough to know that a few things in the trailer did not pop up in the film. And furthermore, there was one scene that never popped up in my VHS tape that I KNOW I SAW IN THE CINEMA!

IT was the scene in the chemical factory where Batman drop's Jack Napier in to a pot of toxic waste. THere was this clip of batman pulling out this small gun thing, and shooting a spray over a random bad guy's face. IT was like mace or something.

Any how, I never saw it again, and then after a while I started to doubt that I ever saw it to begin with. But I know I did!!! It's really annoying.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#22 User is offline   Giff Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 June 2005 - 09:33 PM

Finally...someone who can sympathize with me.

Oh well, at least Batman was an enjoyable film still. thumbsup.gif

#23 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 20 June 2005 - 05:04 PM

I hate it when stuff like that happens.

"Did I really see that? Did I dream it? Am I going insane?"

I can relate. I've been thinking that for a couple of days. You think that for a while, then settle into the idea that you're not crazy, and it really did happen. Then you're either right, or sent to a mental institute.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#24 User is offline   ernesttomlinson Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (Giff @ Jun 19 2005, 09:33 PM)
Oh well, at least Batman was an enjoyable film still. thumbsup.gif

blink.gif It was?

#25 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:45 PM

Depends if you are talking about the Burton films or the horrible Shumacher films.

#26 User is offline   Giff Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2005 - 12:52 PM

blink.gif It was?

Yes...I would consider the 1989 BATMAN film with Nicholson and Keaton an enjoyable film. More so than The Phantom Menace, at least.

Dark atmosphere, excellent villain, cool hero....BATMAN had all the things that make a movie great. (kinda like ESB happy.gif )

Now, the jury is out on the other films.

I never watched Batman Returns more than a few times...but I know its marginally better than Batman Forever, which is still better than that crap fest called Batman and Robin.

This post has been edited by Giff: 21 June 2005 - 12:52 PM

#27 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:24 PM

Edited for cattiness towards gushers... sorry....

This post has been edited by CowboyCurtis: 21 June 2005 - 11:24 PM

Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#28 User is offline   xenduck Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:to inspire you vast and cool intellects to regard Star Wars with more sympathetic eyes.

Posted 27 June 2005 - 01:15 AM

ok, giff, now, i can never know what you saw, however, i saw TPM at least seven times in the theaters and i do not recall the scenes you refer to as being in the film. i do recongise them though as having been in the screenplay. i read the screenplay after seeing the movie, and i commented to many people that it would have been cool to have those scenes in the movie. especially qui-gon cutting the probe droid, so i was elated to see it in the deleted scenes. i thought to myself, that should have been in the theatrical release. so heres my problem, if you're not crazy, i am...or both of us are.
this is an article from star wars insider, issue 81, march 01, 05.

“I distinctly recall seeing ‘the Empire Strikes Back’ at the theater, and I can remember watching the cave sequence at the beginning of the movie I also remember watching with wide eyes as Luke finds it too difficult to extend his arm to the weapon. Just as he was about to give up, I remember the voice of Obi-wan saying something to the effect of “Think the saber into your hand.” Was this actually in the film back then and has since been removed, or did my young, creative mind fabricate the whole thing?

It isn’t a complete fabrication. Though no film version of ‘Empire’ contained that particular dialogue, it was written like that in the shooting script. Scene 22E has a voice over from ben saying, “Luke, think the saber in your hand.”
In the edit of episode V, it was decided to save ben’s first appearance to be a vision of Luke’s during the blizzard. As such, the spectral voice was cut from the cave sequence, though it did make it into a number of published sources. In Donald F. Glut’s novelization, the dialogue was a bit more formalized as: “Luke. Think of the lightsaber in your hand.”
This is how it read in ‘the Empire Strikes Back’ storybook by Shep Steneman: “Luke, concentrate. Think the saber into your hand.”
Though i’m guessing here, I think what you’re recalling comes from the marvel comics adaptation as its visuals may have melded into the movie experience in your distant memories. "

same problem, different movie. what do you think?

This post has been edited by xenduck: 27 June 2005 - 01:18 AM

Officer! officer! quick! all my money was stolen by a man in flannel!

#29 User is offline   Giff Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2005 - 01:14 PM

That is definately interesting...however, I had never been exposed to things like the deleted scenes themeselves, the novelizations, etc. since that time I saw it in theaters.

I distinctly remember seeing them.

But, alas, I guess I'll have to go with thestatus quo here and say it didnt happen.

But hear me, George Lucas, if I ever find out that I'M RIGHT...I'm making a trip to Skywalker Ranch and fucking you up!

[/anger]

#30 User is offline   xenduck Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:to inspire you vast and cool intellects to regard Star Wars with more sympathetic eyes.

Posted 29 June 2005 - 02:53 PM

dangerous and disturbing this puzzle is.

ill be equally pissed if you got to see those scenes in the theatre and i didnt!

[/unsettled]
Officer! officer! quick! all my money was stolen by a man in flannel!

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size