Chefelf.com Night Life: Brilliant idea for Anakin!!!! - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Brilliant idea for Anakin!!!! if only it could happen...

#1 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 10:24 PM

I was thinking and i found the solution to make the movie perfect. have anakin be older when they find him. instead of being a slave he can be some rogue/wander on tatooine that can fight and stuff. that would make the podrace much cooler(anakins role as an action hero in tPM much more believable) and the space fight would be awsome.any ideas?
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#2 User is offline   Kelethor Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 10:28 PM

Lets not have the podrace at all. Then maybe we can get to something cooler like luring Anakin to the darkside, perhaps seeing more wookie, and who doesent want more time for some hilarious droid antics.

#3 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2005 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Kelethor @ Jun 12 2005, 10:28 PM)
Lets not have the podrace at all. Then maybe we can get to something cooler like luring Anakin to the darkside, perhaps seeing more wookie, and who doesent want more time for some hilarious droid antics.
droids shouldnt be funny. especially the battle droids. i hate the new voices in RotS. C3po shouldnt even be in The Phantom Menace.

#4 User is offline   Darth Player Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 10:49 PM

Anakin should stil be a kid, and as gratitude for winning the Pod Rac, he gets his freedom and Queen Amidala takes him to the planet Seattle where she's his teacher and they fall in love until the Galactic Senate intervenes, sentencing her to five years jail time and parole which she breaks because they're so in love and she's carring his nanies. Then, the two headed announcer covers their wedding when Ani is of legal age and Amidala does her time.

#5 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2005 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (Darth Player @ Jun 12 2005, 10:49 PM)
Anakin should stil be a kid, and as gratitude for winning the Pod Rac, he gets his freedom and Queen Amidala takes him to the planet Seattle where she's his teacher and they fall in love until the Galactic Senate intervenes, sentencing her to five years jail time and parole which she breaks because they're so in love and she's carring his nanies. Then, the two headed announcer covers their wedding when Ani is of legal age and Amidala does her time.
if only the movie was like that. sad.gif

#6 User is offline   DarthTherion Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 12 June 2005 - 10:58 PM

There's only one problem. If Anakin is a rogue wanderer/fighter, what would he have to be attached to? His fall hinges on his inability to let go, which has its root in his childhood.

Or would you have him fall from grace in a different way? Not over attachment to others? I'd be interested in hearing the other ways Anakin could have been turned to the dark side.

#7 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2005 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (DarthTherion @ Jun 12 2005, 10:58 PM)
There's only one problem. If Anakin is a rogue wanderer/fighter, what would he have to be attached to? His fall hinges on his inability to let go, which has its root in his childhood.

Or would you have him fall from grace in a different way? Not over attachment to others? I'd be interested in hearing the other ways Anakin could have been turned to the dark side.
possibly in being a rogue he would have a desperate need for control in his life so the emporer tempts him with power and control. wich leads to him choking padme because he cannot control her feelings for him. no control over his training. great possibilities

#8 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2005 - 11:26 PM

also, yoda is always talking to luke about control in the OT. Links...

#9 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 13 June 2005 - 01:42 PM

I definitely agree with Anakin being older, but there is still some OT criteria that needs to be met:

1) Owen didn't agree with him joining Obi-Wan on some "damned fool idealistic crusade"

2) He should've "stayed here and not gotten involved." Yes, it has to be on Tatooine where Obi-Wan finds him, but I'd take it a step further and say that Owen felt Anakin shouldn't have "left the farm." It even says so in cut dialogue from the original script, "Anakin should've minded his farming."

Anakin and Luke's journey should be the same save for the fact that Anakin chooses the wrong way and Luke chooses the right way and saves his father in the process.

I think Anakin should not have been a slave, this only complicates the story unnecessarily. I don't think he should've been a pod-racer, this too, slowed the story along, and at no point was I saying, "Oh gee, I wonder if Anakin will win the race!?" Cripes! Anakin still could be the mechanic he was, built a starship to zip around in about the star system, or just above the planet. I have a very fun scene in mind where he's flying back down to Tatooin in this piece of junk he built out of... junk... and it's falling apart around him as he dodging smuggler's ships, laughing all the way.

That'd be Anakin at his best, enjoying what he does and revealing his sense of humor.
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#10 User is offline   Dorothy Icon

• We supply it, we demand you eat it.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2005 - 02:16 PM

I agree that it was a stupid idea to make him a slave. Just think about it, couldn't good old Obi just tell the Rebellion about the slave chip in Darth Vader's head, and pretty much end the empire right then and there. Kaboom. No more head. sick.gif They never did SAY anything about taking out the chip, right? Or did I just miss it. . . .
"The problem is, you're not a kangaroo... that's a bear... and he's in your pants."
"Maybe artists shouldn't talk about their art."
"Well kids, I guess your father isn't a hermaphrodite."
"Izzy! enough with the rabid smootching!!"

#11 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 13 June 2005 - 02:22 PM

They probably took it out when they were operating on Franken- I mean Vader.

QUOTE (Revan-47 @ Jun 12 2005, 11:25 PM)
possibly in being a rogue he would have a desperate need for control in his life so the emporer tempts him with power and control. wich leads to him choking padme because he cannot control her feelings for him. no control over his training. great possibilities

Another criteria - Unless we're also re-making ROTJ, Luke&Leia's mother needs to be alive for several years after the kid's birth.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#12 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (floppydisk @ Jun 13 2005, 02:22 PM)
They probably took it out when they were operating on Franken- I mean Vader.
Another criteria - Unless we're also re-making ROTJ, Luke&Leia's mother needs to be alive for several years after the kid's birth.
yeah i made a post about that screw up

#13 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (CowboyCurtis @ Jun 13 2005, 01:42 PM)
I definitely agree with Anakin being older, but there is still some OT criteria that needs to be met:

1) Owen didn't agree with him joining Obi-Wan on some "damned fool idealistic crusade"

2) He should've "stayed here and not gotten involved."  Yes, it has to be on Tatooine where Obi-Wan finds him, but I'd take it a step further and say that Owen felt Anakin shouldn't have "left the farm."  It even says so in cut dialogue from the original script, "Anakin should've minded his farming."

Anakin and Luke's journey should be the same save for the fact that Anakin chooses the wrong way and Luke chooses the right way and saves his father in the process.

I think Anakin should not have been a slave, this only complicates the story unnecessarily.  I don't think he should've been a pod-racer, this too, slowed the story along, and at no point was I saying, "Oh gee, I wonder if Anakin will win the race!?"  Cripes!  Anakin still could be the mechanic he was, built a starship to zip around in about the star system, or just above the planet.  I have a very fun scene in mind where he's flying back down to Tatooin in this piece of junk he built out of... junk... and it's falling apart around him as he dodging smuggler's ships, laughing all the way.

That'd be Anakin at his best, enjoying what he does and revealing his sense of humor.
well yeah he can still stay on tatooine

#14 User is offline   Casual Fan Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:59 AM

2) He should've "stayed here and not gotten involved." Yes, it has to be on Tatooine where Obi-Wan finds him, but I'd take it a step further and say that Owen felt Anakin shouldn't have "left the farm." It even says so in cut dialogue from the original script, "Anakin should've minded his farming."

You are making a big assumption here that Owen has to be from Tatooine.

Owen doesn't have to be from Tatooine, he just has to wind up there.

#15 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 14 June 2005 - 12:03 PM

That's a really good idea. I don't know if anyone's thought of that before.

But why would he move to Tattoine. I say he was in debt, and he needed Ani to help him with the farm, but Ani left, and Owen fled to Tattoine.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size