Chefelf.com Night Life: A post for people who like episode 1 - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

A post for people who like episode 1

#16 User is offline   WalkingCarpet Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Puns, irony & sarcasm

Posted 21 June 2005 - 03:17 AM

I had a discussion with some mates the other day actually.

If Episodes 1-3 had been done first, would they have been successful/popular enough to then do Episodes 4-6???

Personally, I'd go with no.

What does everyone else think?

#17 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:29 AM

Jake Lloyd is not to blame. He's been great in other movies.

Why make Anakin a kid or even a slave?

Why not just start him off in Jedi school at the age of 18? Skip all the boss, mother, home town shit and jump straight to a developed teen in training.

Lucas should have made a peer role for Anakin. A fellow Jedi and friend (same age). Yada Yada Yada good pals YADA YADA later on Anakin could kill him for some reason. Perhaps Anakin would confide in him...

Anakin-"hey man, I gotta tell you something, I have a GF an the Jedi council sure is stupid for not knowing, hey we should take over this show, they're so blind I bet we could do it."

friend- "what? Are you f'in crazy, no way man! You leave me no choice but to report you to the council"

Anakin-"I thought you were my friend, I confided in you, I was only joking about the take over part"

Friend-" still, Jedi should not have those thoughts, and you have a Girl firend?...Hmm I sense she is pregnant"

Anakin- "Yes, she is..."

Friend-"damn Anakin, you've always been over confident, cocky, and a bit tempermental, but now you're breaking Jedi Law, I must report you, I have too, I'm sorry, but it's for your own good"

Anakin- "never argg"

They wrestle for a bit....blah blah blah, Anakin accidentally kills him.

There you go, first murder, this could have been done in episode 2.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#18 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2005 - 01:43 AM

Anakin is all about the 2 women in his life. Lucas made him a kid so that his connection with his mother would be stronger, ready for Ep2, which of course finally has ramifications for Ep3.

#19 User is offline   jeff42 Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:48 AM

i tried watching it friday night. 1st time in a long time. 20 minutes in I had the WTF feeling. I forgot how much this movie hurts. the only thing I did like and still thik is great is the final duel with Darth Maul, until Qui-Gon gets killed.

#20 User is offline   diligent_d Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2005 - 03:04 PM

If Episodes 1-3 had been done first, would they have been successful/popular enough to then do Episodes 4-6???

If they were done in that order, I don't think it would have made it past Episode I. The only reason it did most of what it did at the BO was because of the reputation of the Episodes 4 - 6 (obviously).

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size