• « First
  • Last »

Knights of the Old Republic I know nothing about it

#46 User is offline   Storm Shadow Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:37 PM

biggrin.gif I agree, but Im one of those people with the mindframe of, I dont care if Revan is a shemale, JUST GET REVAN ON SCREEN DAMMIT!!!

of course I'd prefer if they went with the Light Side ending, but I know alot of folks who love KOTOR that absolutely cannot play Light Side, they just love shaking down innocent civilians for their last few credits and slaughtering friendly scientists just because they can!!

#47 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 28 June 2005 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jun 28 2005, 09:37 PM)
biggrin.gif  I agree, but Im one of those people with the mindframe of, I dont care if Revan is a shemale, JUST GET REVAN ON SCREEN DAMMIT!!!

Now that's an interesting idea... hermaphrodite Revan. biggrin.gif Or maybe a transvestite?
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#48 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 28 June 2005 - 05:20 PM

Okay, I'll let Bastila live to make a more happy ending. smile.gif
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#49 User is offline   diligent_d Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2005 - 06:13 PM

of course I'd prefer if they went with the Light Side ending, but I know alot of folks who love KOTOR that absolutely cannot play Light Side, they just love shaking down innocent civilians for their last few credits and slaughtering friendly scientists just because they can!!

I know I do.

Actually I played it both ways, one extremely dark and one extremely light. Except for the Rak Ghul pen - I kill the people in there no matter what. devil.gif

#50 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 28 June 2005 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (diligent_d @ Jun 28 2005, 07:13 PM)
I know I do.

Actually I played it both ways, one extremely dark and one extremely light.  Except for the Rak Ghul pen - I kill the people in there no matter what.  devil.gif

Yeah. I did the same. In one file, I gave money to the poor, saved people in trouble and protected the defenseles.

In another profile, I killed Juhani and every bastard in my way, I slaved those wookies and started to make really bad things. devil.gif

#51 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 28 June 2005 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (SithAvenger @ Jun 28 2005, 11:20 PM)
Okay, I'll let Bastila live to make a more happy ending. smile.gif

It would be a shame to kill off the best female SW character since Leia, in any case. (Actually, Bastila reminds me of Leia in many ways - maybe she could be a distant ancestor? wink.gif )

I read somewhere that the 'official' canon ending, according to Lucasarts, is the Light Side version where Revan saves Bastila. So I guess that if movies ever were made, that's the one they'd choose. I think I also read that Revan was officially considered to be male, but I'm not so sure of that.

I still prefer the idea of a TV mini-series, maybe five or six episodes, rather than a movie trilogy. The main plot is good, but I don't think it would work well if it were spread out over three movies several years apart - especially since the story takes place over a fairly short period of time. Each movie would have to tell a complete story in itself, and I don't really see a way to do that using the game's plot as it stands.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

#52 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2005 - 10:53 PM

Should we start the casting for the movie (or miniseries)?

Post your suggestions for a KOTOR cast.

This post has been edited by SithAvenger: 28 June 2005 - 10:53 PM

#53 User is offline   Giff Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2005 - 11:25 PM

I hate Carth because he is always complaining about being left out of the loop.

#54 User is offline   Giff Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2005 - 11:28 PM

I think I also read that Revan was officially considered to be male, but I'm not so sure of that.

I just started playing KOTOR II and so far they always refer to Revan as a Female...but I dont know if its because of something I did/chose. Maybe its set up both ways. WHO KNOWS?

#55 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2005 - 11:31 PM

At the beginning of the game, your first partner would say that Revan is a woman, but you can tell him that he was a man to fit the Revan that you invented.

#56 User is offline   diligent_d Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2005 - 11:54 PM

In another profile, I killed Juhani and every bastard in my way, I slaved those wookies and started to make really bad things.

Yeah it is. Your party asks you questions and your answers are what establishes the backstory from before. It's a very subtle way of the game figuring out if you chose a male or female Revan and if he/she was light/dark.

In another profile, I killed Juhani and every bastard in my way, I slaved those wookies and started to make really bad things.

Lol - I especially love introducing Zalzabar (sp?) as my slave to the xenophobic dude on Taris.

This post has been edited by diligent_d: 29 June 2005 - 12:01 AM

#57 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2005 - 12:35 AM

Yes, I did get to the bit with her mother, actually found her too. The conversation they had! Reminded me of conversations I had with my mother ten years ago. I would think with Jedi training you are past such acrimonious relationships wink.gif

#58 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 29 June 2005 - 02:42 AM

KOTOR film?

the cast would be for me as such:

Kate Beckinsale as Bastila
Edward Burns as Carth
Ron Perlman as Canderous
Danny Glover as Jolee
Kent McCord as trask
Lacey Chabert as Mission
Michael Wincott as Malak

and i supposer the main character (RGN) could be played by...

i'm inclined to say Christian Bale, but i think it should be someone a bit older...

#59 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2005 - 03:18 AM

I always thought Kate Beckinsale as Bastila! I think they should make someguy to wear the HK-47 costume and the guy that did his voice to dub him. The same to Malak. Put some average joe in his costume and have tha same guy that voiced him to dub him.

And let's have Christian Bale as RGN. He looks that he can act like a good swordman as seen Batman Begins.

#60 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ Jun 29 2005, 06:35 AM)
Yes, I did get to the bit with her mother, actually found her too. The conversation they had! Reminded me of conversations I had with my mother ten years ago. I would think with Jedi training you are past such acrimonious relationships  wink.gif

Which is just what Bastila says, if you ask her about it. Find the holocron for her mother and they eventually sort it out.

I agree with Kate Beckinsale as Bastila. Edward Burns doesn't look all that much like Carth, but it's amazing what makeup and hair dye can do...

Christian Bale is good-looking, and I'd say he's just the right age for Revan. The Revan avatars in the game all look to be around 30.

This post has been edited by Helena: 29 June 2005 - 09:06 AM

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size