• (2 Pages)
  • +

Woohoo, my first post!

#16 User is offline   Patrick Bateman Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:44 PM

Hey dude, do us a favour, I just started writing messages too and I haven't figured out how to add a photo to my messages. How do you do it? I figure it must be pretty simple but I'm a bit of a retard when it comes to computers.
By the way, you're right about the plot, I can't believe that George thought he could get away with releasing a movie that makes no sense! I reckon I'll watch it at some stage in the future, the special effects that I saw before I walked out looked pretty kick ass, but it has more holes than a very holey piece of swiss cheese.

#17 User is offline   Trigormike Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Culling the vile plague that is Man from the planet to a more sustainable population.<br /> (NO ONE TOLD ME IT WAS FUCKIN' ILLEGAL!)

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (Patrick Bateman @ Jun 12 2005, 12:44 AM)
Hey dude, do us a favour, I just started writing messages too and I haven't figured out how to add a photo to my messages. How do you do it? I figure it must be pretty simple but I'm a bit of a retard when it comes to computers.
By the way, you're right about the plot, I can't believe that George thought he could get away with releasing a movie that makes no sense! I reckon I'll watch it at some stage in the future, the special effects that I saw before I walked out looked pretty kick ass, but it has more holes than a very holey piece of swiss cheese.

Bateman Begins!
Sorry mate couldn't resist. Bet you NEVER hear that! smile.gif
I'm new at this lark too so can't help I'm afraid.
All too easy for Lucas to get away with it.... Fanboys and Gushers
Hey! Maybe I'm getting the hang of this after all!

This post has been edited by Trigormike: 11 June 2005 - 05:55 PM

#18 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (Patrick Bateman @ Jun 11 2005, 06:44 PM)

Are you talking about adding an avatar to your profile?

This post has been edited by SithAvenger: 11 June 2005 - 06:00 PM

Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#19 User is offline   maestro_of_mirth Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Filmmaking, money, graphic design, money, Tolkien, Japanese yen

Posted 11 June 2005 - 08:59 PM

yep, adding an avatar is performed in your "my controls" section near the top of your screen. it's simple, but the picture must be small in dimension and memory size.

i'm amused that the mario comment may have begun a possible allegory here. george lucas has, as Chef was kind enough to point out, taken plot elements from "The U.S. Government and You," so picking the plot from nintendo's finest franchise doesn't seem like a big deal in comparison.

i also find it odd that anakin turned into a human birthday candle apparently simply because the script said so. he and kenobi were fairly close to the lava at various points during that battle...

and wouldn't vader kill palpatine when he heard of padme's death? after all, he agreed to become evil (in record time, at that) with the understanding that palpatine would teach him how to save people from death. seems like, with her death, the contract was void, eh?

Also, Darth Plagus the Wise? Come ON!!! I can only assume that George wrote that in with the intention of going back and replacing it with a, you know, GOOD name, but he forgot before filming began. I would be hard pressed to find an even-remotely evil person in human history with a comparably silly name as Plagus (or Plague-us, whatever)

How Darth McEvil or Darth Badgaius or Darth Crankmeister?

Darth Sickness? Darth Keyboard? You get the idea...

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size