Chefelf.com Night Life: 91 Counter Arguments to Chef Elf's Thoughts - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

91 Counter Arguments to Chef Elf's Thoughts

#31 User is offline   Private Zod Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (julie123 @ Jun 7 2005, 01:44 PM)
EXCSUED HOMEWORK DUE TO LUCAS CLAIMING THAT COMICS, NOVELS CARTOONS ETC ARE NOT CANON, THEY DO NOT REFLECT HIS VISION OF STAR WARS BUT ARE THERE TO ENTERTAIN THE FANS.  I SEE NO REASON WHY HE SHOULD EXCUSE HIS LAZYASS FILM MAKING BY USING A MEDIUM THAT HE DOES NOT CONSIDER LEGITIMATE AND FURTHER MORE THE MAN HAS MADE ENOUGH MONEY WITH OUT YOU PIMPING FOR HIM.

First off, he refers to the canon as the stuff that came out after ROTJ.

Second, for the Clone Wars, he wanted the story of the 3-year war to be told between the films. AOTC would show how they began and ROTS would show how they end. While I would have liked to have seen some of the battles that were portrayed in the Clone Wars on the screen instead of Cartoon Network or Darkhourse comics, it is what it is. There are many mediums to tell a story these days including video games, internet, etc that were not around or as popular in 1980. Everyone on this forum bashes Lucas to hell for how poor his vison and writing were for the prequels. This was a time where he gave other creative people a chance to take his main idea and run with it and what the result was was some very well-written and interesting stories describing the events that happened during the Clone Wars. That is all I am saying.

Regarding me pimping for Lucas, the $40 or so I spent on some of the comics and novels I did read, I am sure makes a HUGE difference on a billionaire.

P.S. Spend less time punching "Caps Lock" and more time on the "Spelling and Grammar" feature. Make your posts that more coherent.

This post has been edited by Private Zod: 07 June 2005 - 02:31 PM

#32 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (Grand Moff Lebowski @ Jun 7 2005, 01:55 PM)
Boy I sure can.  Need I say it?

I can only assume you find people defending a good movie like ROTS to be extremely annoying.

And thank you Private Zod for that post.

#33 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:39 PM

I personally think Chefelf is doing the 91 reasons just to make more money. I don't agree with some ''Observations''. They seem forced.

He became what he swore to hate: A GEORGE LUCAS!!!!!!! devil.gif

alien.gif
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#34 User is offline   Private Zod Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 07 June 2005 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (SithAvenger @ Jun 7 2005, 03:39 PM)
I personally think Chefelf is doing the 91 reasons just to make more money.  I don't  agree with some ''Observations''. They seem forced.

He became what he swore to hate: A GEORGE LUCAS!!!!!!!  devil.gif

alien.gif

Father: "Who taught you how to do this stuff?"

Son: "I learned it by watching you!"

#35 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 07 June 2005 - 04:45 PM

Well, I think some observations seem forced, but others (like R2 killing the Super Battle Droids) are hilarious. I almost laughed to death with that thing that R2 believed in himself but after the Empire he didnīt.

Expecting the other reasons (especially the Padme and Anakin scenes, I really hated those) to agree and disagree with them. (And for a good laugh)
biggrin.gif
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#36 User is offline   julie123 Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 08 June 2005 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (Private Zod @ Jun 7 2005, 07:25 PM)
First off, he refers to the canon as the stuff that came out after ROTJ. 

Second, for the Clone Wars, he wanted the story of the 3-year war to be told between the films.  AOTC would show how they began and ROTS would show how they end.  While I would have liked to have seen some of the battles that were portrayed in the Clone Wars on the screen instead of Cartoon Network or Darkhourse comics, it is what it is.  There are many mediums to tell a story these days including video games, internet, etc that were not around or as popular in 1980.  Everyone on this forum bashes Lucas to hell for how poor his vison and writing were for the prequels.  This was a time where he gave other creative people a chance to take his main idea and run with it and what the result was was some very well-written and interesting stories describing the events that happened during the Clone Wars.  That is all I am saying.

Regarding me pimping for Lucas, the $40 or so I spent on some of the comics and novels I did read, I am sure makes a HUGE difference on a billionaire. 

P.S.  Spend less time punching "Caps Lock" and more time on the "Spelling and Grammar" feature.  Make your posts that more coherent.

Homework revised oh snarky one. First off, check Lucas's many interviews the ONLY medium that Lucas considers canon is the films, because they reflect his "vision". It don't take much to check this out, only time, a brain etc. It therefore doesn't matter what comes before or after ROTJ, the films are canon not cartoons.

Second, Lucas f*****d up his story telling and so had to leave it to, what he calls expanded universe, cartoons, books etc to fill in what happened between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. However, I will repeat again, this does not in anyway make the books/cartoons official, they are there solely for the fans entertainment For consider this oh stupid one, the novel of ROTJ informs the reader that Obi-Wan was Owen Lars half-brother, Attack of The Clones however over turns this. Which is correct? Both cannot be both correct and canonical.

Oh and Mr Control Freak Lucas allowing creative writers a chance to run with his main idea etc, etc ... PLEASE!!! If the dialogue in Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith, didn't convince you that Lucas's greatest struggle is with the English Language and not getting fans to accept the current prequel trilogy as part of Star Wars, then you really are as dim as you sound. That is all I am saying.

Yes, your $40 along with the millions of other pimps who shell out for cartoons/books etc that are not considered canon, do indeed make a HUGE difference to a billionaire, because they make him richer. Oh, and read those novels otherwise how are you going to know what happened between Attack of the Clones and Return of the Sith?

As you can see 'teacher' I have left off the CAPS LOCK button, and my spelling and grammar have dramatically improved. This post is coherent (although you seem to have replied to the other one without difficulty so perhaps it was not very difficult to follow); you however, will always be a misinformed asshole. wub.gif yell.gif

#37 User is offline   Private Zod Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 08 June 2005 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (julie123 @ Jun 8 2005, 01:37 PM)
Yes, your $40 along with the millions of other pimps who shell out for cartoons/books etc that are not considered canon, do indeed make a HUGE difference to a billionaire, because they make him richer. 
  wub.gif  yell.gif

Actually, you silly goose, I hate to correct you again but I would technically be the whore and Lucas would be the pimp since he is the one receiving my money.

Hugs and Kisses,

A "Snarky", "stupid" and a "misinformed asshole." biggrin.gif

#38 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 08 June 2005 - 07:02 PM

actually i hate to correct you both, but if who ever is taking your money directly is the whore... so that would be retailers and cinemas. lucas is the pimp because he controls the product, and that makes those of you who purchase it... customers.

private zod...
you're a dirty customer...

hmmm... that just has no ring to it...

-----------------------

but back on point...

if you can't tell a half decent story in 3 movies without resorting to the aid of comic books, novels, technical manuals, cartoons, and webgosip...

you're a lamewad!!!

#39 User is offline   Private Zod Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 08 June 2005 - 07:15 PM

Amazing how my knowledge of the whole pimp-prostitue-john relationship has been expanded since posting on a topic regarding the EU. I better cut this talk soon or else I am going to spill the beans about cruising NYC's meatpacking district at night and getting more than I bargained for.

My whole point is that there are other avenues by which to enjoy the series, not just film (which is Lucas's domain for better or worse). The EU for the Clone Wars was pretty well done is all I am saying.

This post has been edited by Private Zod: 08 June 2005 - 07:15 PM

#40 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 08 June 2005 - 07:44 PM

it had a a strangley hypnotic feel to it...

it annoyed me at first but slowly grew on me...

it is still a poor new practice what he has done... i have no problem with EU crap for any franchise... but to actually have a three season cartoon in the middle of a trilogy, is no trilogy, at all and he should be exempt from winning any oscars as a result, as the other people competing will have told thier stories in single films...

#41 User is offline   Private Zod Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 08 June 2005 - 07:46 PM

I think that something this whole board can agree on is that Lucas's days of potentially winning an oscar for a screenplay are LOOOOOONG over.

#42 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 08 June 2005 - 07:52 PM

i hope so....

or i'll put a bloody jihad on the acadamy...

#43 User is offline   Harvey Globetrotter Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Apathy.

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:13 PM

I don't think he'd have ever had a chance. All the good screenplay work was the result of Laurence Kasdan's writing and the actors' ad-libs on set.

I'd also like to add my helpful idea for Lucas to communicate his stories without forcing people to wade through information in the EU; stop sucking.

And Grievous sucked in the Clone War cartoon too. The idea that he could fight a Jedi, let alone several, and win, is just plain offensive. Whoever referred to him as a "Souped-up battle droid with lightsabers" was right; just some simple memory of the fact that, as a Jedi, one has powers would end his life quicksmart - just force push him off a cliff, drop something on him, or indeed just shoot him, as he doesn't have the Jedi power of foresight and would have a difficult time reflecting laser blasts.

Everything about Grievous is annoying; his voice, the way he walks, the fact his arms split in twine to make four (I'd have just given him four arms - but then I'm not dumb) and all his dialogue. He's basically a snivelling, coughing, hacking, bad dialogue-spouting cyborg weasel. He's the worst thing to happen to Star Wars since midichlorians and Jar Jar Binks waltzed into our minds and played kickball with our sanity.

#44 User is offline   Trigormike Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Interests:Culling the vile plague that is Man from the planet to a more sustainable population.<br /> (NO ONE TOLD ME IT WAS FUCKIN' ILLEGAL!)

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:35 PM

When Grievous' arms split I just thought 'Well, that's your contrived end of level boss Lucasarts.'

#45 User is offline   julie123 Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 09 June 2005 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (Private Zod @ Jun 8 2005, 09:02 PM)
Actually, you silly goose, I hate to correct you again but I would technically be the whore and Lucas would be the pimp since he is the one receiving my money. 

Hugs and Kisses,

A "Snarky", "stupid" and a "misinformed asshole."  biggrin.gif

Oh teacher, how nice of you to acknowledge your faults.

Now I appreciate the fact that you don't like to correct me, but do allow me the opportunity. Technically you would indeed be the pimp - I was drawing attention to the fact that Lucas is rich enough without you pointing (pimping for him) misguided fools to those cartoons.

Yes, there may indeed be other avenues (although I doubt it) to enjoy this current trilogy, but MY point is that this would be a waste of time, because Lucas himself considers them irrelevant by not cosidering them part of his "vision". And yes, the EU for the Clone Wars may be well done, but this is because he is not writing the scripts etc.

Lesson over.

whistling.gif

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size