Chefelf.com Night Life: 91 Reasons to Hate Episode III - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (30 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

91 Reasons to Hate Episode III Revenge of the Sith Articles Have Begun!

#61 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 11 June 2005 - 03:52 AM

know I've fallen out of the SW forums lately, but I'm certainly reading these things with great enthusiasm.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#62 User is offline   julie123 Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 11 June 2005 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jun 7 2005, 05:09 AM)
oh and Chef, Grevious is hacking and coughing because Mace did a "Force crush" manuever on him in the last episode of the Clone War cartoons, it was violently hilarious. It carries over into the movie, giving it a nice sense of continuity.

This is exactly what is wrong with ROTS. Lucas refuses to acknowledge the cartoons as part of Star Wars, because they are not part of his "vision". However, when it suits him he uses the expanded universe as a short cut re his film making. Well he can't have it both ways, either the expanded universe is part of his universe and therefore subject to critique and critism or it isn't. And you shouldn't fall into his dark side trap

#63 User is offline   Electric Monkey Icon

• New Cop

Posted 11 June 2005 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE (Storm @ Jun 10 2005, 07:41 PM)
Undoubtedly, reason #90 will complain about the construction of the Death Star.  Many of you may be shocked to hear this, but I do agree with Chef on this one.  It shouldn't take 20 years to make the first Death Star and 2 years to make the second.

The people over at stardestroyer.net, who really, really analyse things have noticed that the proportions are wrong, and come to the conclusion that Lucas either forgot what his own Death Star looks like, or intended it to be a prototype (incedentally there's another section on that site about how science fiction engineers never prototype anything)

#64 User is offline   floppylobster Icon

• New Cop

Posted 11 June 2005 - 07:29 AM

Reason #92

If - and I know it's a big if - someone had never seen Star Wars movies before. And if - and this is a bigger if - they wanted to watch them in order of Episode 1 to 6. Then why did George have Padme give away everything by telling us the names of her children right before karking it?

If he had taken out that line and cut the scene of Obiwan going to Tattoine then new viewers would watch A New Hope with only a vague suspicion that Luke might be one of the children. And maybe even thinking he may have 'born' like Anakin was (being from the same planet and all).

And only the very observant might catch that Leia is travelling in a similar ship from ROTS. But there'd be no outright confirmation from Padme - "This one's Luke, and you'll be seeing him again soon. This one's Leia, she's his sister but he won't find that out for another couple of movies."

Now the Father scene in Empire just catches the characters up with what the audience was told two movies earlier. Where it could have still been some kind of reveal, where you at least went "I knew it!".

#65 User is offline   maestro_of_mirth Icon

• New Cop
  • Interests:Filmmaking, money, graphic design, money, Tolkien, Japanese yen

Posted 11 June 2005 - 09:02 PM

Chef will not, I should hope, neglect to mention the absurdly-named Darth Plagus.

I am appalled that it has taken me this long to mention it. Perhaps my mind blocked the memory as a defense mechanism against crap?

Nobody named Plagus would have "the Wise" for a surname. Maybe "the Breadbasket," but not "the Wise."

#66 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2005 - 08:02 AM

When will the enxt batch be up? I'm dying for it! smile.gif

#67 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (Paladin @ Jun 13 2005, 08:02 AM)
When will the enxt batch be up? I'm dying for it! smile.gif

Just posted it one minute ago:

91 Reasons to Hate Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#68 User is offline   Trigormike Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Interests:Culling the vile plague that is Man from the planet to a more sustainable population.<br /> (NO ONE TOLD ME IT WAS FUCKIN' ILLEGAL!)

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:34 AM

Regarding #11: The combatants' banter was probably rejected for the insult swordfighting from Lucasarts Monkey Island games, so they had to use it somewhere.

Also, why would a universe that has antigravity engines, that mean you can land slowly and vertically, have a runway?
Why would a space cruiser have retractable fins as there is no wind resistance in space?
Why would Coruscant not have emergency tractor beams to prevent things like large ships, asteroids and other debris crashing into it's cities? Or a planetary shield, for that matter?
Why was this film made?
Why did I pay to see it?
Etc.etc.

#69 User is offline   Primetime Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:35 AM

Bravo, Chef! Great work, as usual!

#70 User is offline   The Shadow Icon

• New Cop

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:51 AM

Great reasons Chefelf! I really like reason number 9! wink.gif

#71 User is offline   Hari Seldon Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2005 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (Chefelf @ Jun 13 2005, 02:14 PM)

Regarding reason #11, and I know I saw this posted somewhere on this forum, I think you could add the whiny "But he's unarmed" or something along that line, that Anakin replies to Palpatine when he says "Kill him".

Unarmed?! He has no stinkin' hands! Whatever. rolleyes.gif
"I prefer rationalism to atheism. The question of God and other objects-of-faith are outside reason and play no part in rationalism, thus you don't have to waste your time in either attacking or defending."

Isaac Asimov

#72 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2005 - 01:40 PM

Fantastic. I love your style (as I always did wit hthe last two lists of reasons) that's what makes them so entertaining! biggrin.gif

#73 User is offline   Lord Melkor Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2005 - 02:20 PM

I clearly don`t see why those are reasons to hate.

Physics in fantasy movie? Complaining about cliche dialogues in Star Wars?

This is funny stuff, but pretty irrelevant to your point.

#74 User is offline   jxw Icon

• New Cop

Posted 13 June 2005 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (Chefelf @ Jun 13 2005, 09:14 AM)

Very good, but reason 15 is completely wrong. With the exception of the sensible point that the window ought to withstand more than a brick, it couldn't be more wrong.

Space is very cold, it's true, but there are three ways of transmitting heat: conduction, convection and radiation. The only one availbale in a vacuum is radiation, and that's very slow.You would radiate your heat out, at the same rate you do now, but you would not receive any warmth. Thermos (vacuum) flasks keep things warm because the heat only escapes slowly. Standing in the vacuum of space would be rather like standing in a thermos flask. (No, it wouldn't be the same, but it's a more accurate comparison than expecting icy blasts to overcome them.)

If the doors to the room were fairly air-tight (seems a good policy for a spaceship), there is not really that much air around. It would simply disappear into space in a second or so, leaving a vacuum. Our heroes then have about 30 seconds to get to the control panel and activate the air-tight shields before they pass out and die.

The wind that appears is pretty unlikely, chances are you'd only notice there was no air when you saw the window break.

What does bother me is that Grevious is able to survive outside. He's a robot, true, but if he wheezes, presumably it's because he breathes?

#75 User is offline   Andrew Icon

• New Cop

Posted 13 June 2005 - 03:10 PM

With regards to reason #13:
What I enjoyed about Anakin decapitating Count Duckula was the unnecessary and confusing use of two lightsabers... Why would you decapitate someone with two lightsabers at once? Was there a little slice of Dooku neck between the two blades?
Maybe Palatine ate the Dooku neck steak with some fava beans and a nice glass of jawa juice.

This post has been edited by Andrew: 13 June 2005 - 03:27 PM

• (30 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size