Chefelf.com Night Life: 91 Reasons to Hate Episode III - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (30 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

91 Reasons to Hate Episode III Revenge of the Sith Articles Have Begun!

#406 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 09 March 2006 - 10:58 PM

i suppose you're right....

the guys on the death star we'rent very good shots... but at least they wern't beaten by ewoks with twigs, like th efront line chumps.

#407 User is offline   Jejef Thgaron Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 March 2006 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Mar 9 2006, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i suppose you're right....

the guys on the death star we'rent very good shots... but at least they wern't beaten by ewoks with twigs, like th efront line chumps.

laugh.gif
Heh! Rookies!

#408 User is offline   Larry Bernard Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 21 April 2006 - 05:29 PM

If only they didn't sleep in the clone training class

"How to defeat ewoks"

none of this would have happened

#409 User is offline   DragonLord Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Interests:Study: Engineering Physics, Buisness Administration and Economics<br />Interests: Kickboxing and chess<br />Favorite books: Catcher in the Rye, The book of five rings, Lord of the Rings, Art of War

Posted 11 May 2006 - 08:04 PM

Hi all. Haven't been in this forum for about a year or so.

I just wanted to mention something that I haven't found in any post on the forum, although I'm sure someone has mentioned it somewhere.

In ANH Obi-Wan talks to Luke for the last time and says "Your destiny lies along a different path than mine. The Force will be with you. Always." after which Chewbacca barks a comment and Han shakes his head in agreement saying: "Boy you said it, Chewie. Where did you dig up that old fossil?"
Obviously Chewbacca thinks all this talk about the force is nonsence.

You wouldn't think that Chewie was best friends with Yoda, the top dog of the jedi-council now would you? Hats of to Mr Lucas for yet another inconsistency.

#410 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 11 May 2006 - 09:23 PM

Nice one, Dragonlord. I suppose there's always more to see that's wrong if you peek hard enough. tongue.gif

#411 User is offline   3DTodd Icon

• New Cop

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:36 PM

Reason #51: Anakin Succumbs to the Dark Side

This scene where Mace Windu is taking down Palpitine like his bitch is one of my most hated scenes.

This is one of THE most important scenes of the entire series. This is where Anakin turns to the Dark Side and becomes Dart Vader. Clearly Anakin knows that Palpitine is a Sith of the most dangerous kind, yet when the BIG MOMENT comes he wimps out like a wet dog.

Moments before Anakin "turns" he seems to be reveling in Mace Windu's overpowering Palpitine. Yet, all it takes is a little wimpering by the clearly manipulative Palpitine/Lord Sidius and Anakin wimps out and helps Palpisidious take down Mace Windu. Instead of coming off as dark and evil - like the future Darth Vader should be - he comes off as child who's just been pushed down to the ground by the school bully.

And to think that George Lucas had the audacity to put down "Spiderman 3" as having no story. As if Episodes 1-3 had any real story to them. Your "Reasons to Hate..." are perfect examples of how little consistency exist in the Star Wars series, as fun as some of them were to watch.

#412 User is offline   Infernus Icon

• New Cop

Posted 24 May 2007 - 03:45 PM

I actually looked at that scene and thought Anakin was upset by the abuse Mace was handing out to Palpatine. Not only did he need him alive, but well enough to be able to tell him how to save Padme.

#413 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:14 PM

I saw some of rots over the weekend. It was on HBO, which I wasn't even aware we received (must be a free trial deal). At any rate, I remove any scrap of credence I ever considered this film to have. I'd say it held my attention but I'd be lying. I HATE rots, and really don't need any external reasons (but don't get me wrong I LOVE the list and wish we'd get another crappy episode next spring just for those).

#414 User is offline   Commodore Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:51 AM

I decided to watch the final confrontation between Anakin and Obi-Wan on YouTube last night. I was stunned. I knew that Haden had done an amazingly poor job as Anakin, but I had forgotten just how bad he really was. He sounds constipated throughout what is supposed to be the great emotional climax of the film, slurring his lines drunkenly and glowering like a moron in a miserable attempt to convey real emotion. Meanwhile, poor Ewan McGregor is working so hard to make the best of a terrible script and compensate for Haden's feeble performance that he looks like he's going to have a heart attack right there on the Mustafar landing pad. It was almost unbearable to watch.

#415 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 30 October 2007 - 12:22 PM

Yep. And LFL proclaims ROTS is the fan favorite. That's their legacy, take it or leave it.

It was on tv the other day and it was unbearable to watch. I mean, what's the point?

#416 User is offline   84summers Icon

• New Cop
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 22 November 2007 - 04:25 PM

In the opening scenes, R2 is hiding behind some oil drums (because they still use tons of oil in a galaxy where lasers exist) to not be seen by SuperDuperDroids while manipulating the turboshaft (faux *wink*). Then R2 makes a loud, clumsy noise. The SuperDuperDroids respond:

One: What that?
Two: That nothing! Get back to work.

Or something such. Anyway, I hate this because it is EXACTLY what happens in Episode IV, when Obi-Wan is sneaking around the Shield Generator and he's caught by two stupid Stormtroopers. [Thanks to the 2004 Cut, the troopers now say the lines with a certain New Zealand accent from 1995's "Barb Wire".]

I hate this because R2 doesn't have Jedi powers to fool the droids, unless he can reprogram things from a distance and wirelessly now (in addition to his now infamous rocket boosters).

And I hate this because it is lazy. Lucas said he sees these as a poem with certain verses repeating or such. But what does it have to do with anything in regards to the saga? Nothing. It's just one of the many, many times he pulls out a reference to the original trilogy, which he does at every possible opportunity. Artistic integrity, indeed!

Maybe I overdid it. As Mike Nelson pointed out, SW3ROTS has the dubious distinction of being the "best" of the "new" Star Wars movies. I really just find this particular three seconds especially lazy.

This post has been edited by 84summers: 22 November 2007 - 04:26 PM

#417 User is offline   3DTodd Icon

• New Cop

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (Infernus @ May 24 2007, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually looked at that scene and thought Anakin was upset by the abuse Mace was handing out to Palpatine. Not only did he need him alive, but well enough to be able to tell him how to save Padme.

That "save Padme" concept that Lucas tried to float as a reason for Anakin to bitch out to Palpitine was surely one of the most insulting reasons conceived. It was obvious to everyone - but Anakin - that Palpitine was using Anakin's fear of Padme's health as a tool to get him to do his bidding.

Here was a case where Anakin knew that Palpitine was a Sith, and therefore inherently manipulative and untrustworthy. Yet, he blindly bought into the idea that Palpitine - who he soon realized was actually Lord Sidius - would help him "save" Padme from a death he only imagined in a dream. All because mommy died the same way. That's known as a Messiah Complex in most psychological journals.

What happens? Anakin was so busy turning into Darth that he wasn't around to "save" Padme. Like the Sith, Lucas' story was manipulative and untrustworthy.

#418 User is offline   Mr Pye Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 17 October 2008 - 12:44 PM

All because mommy died the same way.

What is the way he fears Padme is going to die? Unless I've forgotten we are never told and never shown.

What I can understand is that he doesn't wish to lose Padme as well as his mother, but unless he has good reason to believe he will do so none of his actions make sense.

All he has are his premonitions.

This post has been edited by Mr Pye: 17 October 2008 - 12:50 PM

#419 User is offline   Commodore Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:04 PM

I watched this movie last night with some friends. It started out semi-seriously, but quickly devolved into a Mystery Science Theater-style roasting. This...thing...has zero rewatch value. The acting is miserably bad across the board. The special effects have aged very poorly, with certain bits of CGI already looking hopelessly cartoonish and out of date. The lightsaber battles are shoddily filmed and badly choreographed, and the musical score is a prime example of John Williams cruising on auto-pilot. Literally every line that escaped Hayden Christensen's mouth had my friends and I laughing hysterically. Natalie Portmam wasn't any better in what was easily the worst performance of her career. Ewan McGregor gave everything he had to breath life into his stilted lines, and unfortunately came up short. Samuel L. Jackson looked like he had something better to be doing with his time. By the the time this turkey finally dragged itself to its lame finale, everyone in the room felt the same way.

#420 User is offline   Gobbler Icon

• God damn it, Nappa.
  • Interests:Thermonuclear warfare and other pleasantries.

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:39 PM

Aye, I really have to say, all the actors involved lowered their market value.

Christensen is a complete waste of potential, but an absolute talent when it comes to taking on the wrong roles to further his career (see Jumper). Sorta like Leonardo DiCaprio once upon a time.

Portman looks nice, but so far hasn't done a lot of great work. Was a nice accessoire in Pirates, unbelievable in V for Vendetta and somehow out of place in Star Wars.

McGregor had some good scenes with Moulin Rouge! some lousy scenes with The Island (though he still kinda managed to wing that one), and then some very bad "aging" within Star Wars.

Samuel is the most talented of the whole bunch, I guess. Really didn't show in Star Wars though.

Pop quiz, hotshot. Garry Kasparov is coming to kill you, and the only way to change his mind is for you to beat him at chess. What do you do, what do you do?

• (30 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size