Chefelf.com Night Life: 91 Reasons to Hate Episode III - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (30 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

91 Reasons to Hate Episode III Revenge of the Sith Articles Have Begun!

#241 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 14 July 2005 - 05:01 PM

"Not even the Dumblings were surprised."

#242 User is offline   Shrike Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 17 July 2005 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (major_tom @ Jun 7 2005, 05:54 PM)
  p.s. I, too, wanted to smack each and every one of the idiots around me in the cinema who laughed when artoo set the two droids on fire.

To be fair to some of those laughing people, if they were like me, it was because they thought it was so silly they couldn't help it. By that I mean in the Battlefield Earth, occasionally so bad it is unintentionally funny way. sick.gif

#243 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2005 - 12:37 PM

Great batches! I missed out on the last ones, seeing that I was just not that interested in internet forums for the past month. Anyway, I just can't wait until the next batch comes out... It makes me wonder whether I should actually buy Episode III or just leave it unwatched.

But then again, the movie marathon of mine wouldn't really take place.

What do yuo guys think I should do?

#244 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 18 July 2005 - 08:07 AM

Comin' at ya!

91 Reasons to Hate Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#245 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 18 July 2005 - 09:29 AM

Reason #66
Liberty Dies (Shoddy Political Statement)
"The attempt on my life has left me scarred and deformed... but I assure you my resolve has never been stronger."

When Palpatine gets before the Senate, he announces that the Republic will be reorganized as the First Galactic Empire. Everyone in the Senate then applauds wildly as if Palpatine had just opened for Van Halen. Padme, sulking in her Senate seat, says "so this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause." We are then left to reel at that biting political commentary. And by "reel" I of course mean "cringe."

I must say that given the state of the Republic as seen in the PT, I'm not surprised that its demise was met with thunderous applause. Even the Empire has to be better than a government as staggeringly incompetent as the Senate.

We know that Lucas intends this movie to be a clever metaphor for what is going on in the United States right now and, more so, where it could be heading. Unfortunately, it is so obvious and poorly done that it fails on every possible level. And that's coming from someone who happens to share Lucas's political views.

And here we have another example of Lucas's sledgehammer approach to politics. I happen to share these views as well, but did he have to make the Bush-bashing quite as obvious? He might as well have had Palpatine referring to the Seperatists as 'the Axis of Evil'.

This post has been edited by Helena: 18 July 2005 - 09:36 AM

The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#246 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 18 July 2005 - 09:33 AM

I'm not really surprised by the applause either. It's Amidala's commentary I could do without. :yuck:
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#247 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:05 AM

(sound of tentacles slapping together)

THIS is the way "Nitpickers" get their work done: To Thunderous Applause.

Great job, Chefelf!

#248 User is offline   julie123 Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:30 PM

[quote=Helena,Jul 18 2005, 02:29 PM]
I must say that given the state of the Republic as seen in the PT, I'm not surprised that its demise was met with thunderous applause. Even the Empire has to be better than a government as staggeringly incompetent as the Senate.

This might have been true if the Empire was not about to be ruled over by the same person who had led the staggeringly incompetent Senate.

However, Chef, was this biting political commentary re the thunderous applause and Padme? I thought she was helping the blind members of the Senate - much like if, Palpatine had been licking an ice cream; she would have said 'oh, so that's how you eat an ice cream'

#249 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (julie123 @ Jul 18 2005, 06:30 PM)
This might have been true if the Empire was not about to be ruled over by the same person who had led the staggeringly incompetent Senate.

But the Senate was staggeringly incompetent long before Palapatine took over; he simply allowed it to stay that way because he wanted it to fail.

On the other hand, I will admit that Palpatine himself isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the box. Why bother with all those convoluted political machinations, any of which could easily have failed, when he could just ally his clone army to the TF's droids and stomp all over the Jedi and the Republic?
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#250 User is offline   Sauron Icon

• New Cop

Posted 18 July 2005 - 09:19 PM

My nitpick at your nitpicks...

Can you count?

You skipped 55 and there are two 68's (not to mention listing '31' twice)

so what the heck is up?

so on your list these are what they actually are:

56 = 55
57 = 56
58 = 57
59 = 58
60 = 59
61 = 60
62 = 61
63 = 62
64 = 65
65 = 64
66 = 65
67 = 66
68 = 67
67(a) = 68
68(a) = 69
69 = 70
70 = 71

So once again we've gotten a bonus reason. smile.gif

Where the heck is your editor? proofreader? Have these movies left you as scarred as the Emperor?

BTW: I'm not trying to be a jerk just let you know of your slight mistakes. The reasons have been 'good' so far. Episode I's reasons are still the best. Probably because you wrote them after years of hatred built up instead of weeks...

#251 User is offline   Harvey Globetrotter Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Apathy.

Posted 18 July 2005 - 09:48 PM

My nitpick to Sauron's nitpicks of Chefelf's nitpicks;

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Somebody call the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance.

#252 User is offline   Sauron Icon

• New Cop

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:36 PM

Hey jerkoff, nobody was talking to you...

#253 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2005 - 12:40 AM

I think the Emperor's cackling is hilarious. I can't say how many times my brother and I have re-enacted scenes involving Sidious from ROTS. It's good stuff.

#254 User is offline   Sauron Icon

• New Cop

Posted 19 July 2005 - 03:06 AM

Yeah, me and several of my friends have jokes we do about this movie EVERY DAY. But that's not a good thing.......

My personal favorite is to imitate the way the empereror says:"GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD" - if you can get a good gargle in your voice it's fun smile.gif

One thing about the emperor in the pod throwing scene that always bothers me is that when Yoda throws the pod back at him he reminds me SOOO much of the killer ghost character from the 'Scream' movies

#255 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2005 - 03:46 AM

Reason #65
Volcano Planet
In keeping with the true nature of Star Wars planets (i.e. ice planet, desert planet, cloud planet, forest planet, city planet), we are treated to another planet that has no variety at all: a special volcano planet! This makes me pray for an Episode VII, holding out hope that there will someday be a tornado planet.

You forgot the water planet biggrin.gif

Another great set of Reasons Nate! Lookng forward to the last few to finally complete the set.
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

• (30 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size