Chefelf.com Night Life: 91 Reasons to Hate Episode III - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (30 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

91 Reasons to Hate Episode III Revenge of the Sith Articles Have Begun!

#16 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 06 June 2005 - 07:12 PM

Glad to see they're here... Brillaint opening summary btw - and though by the end I enjoyed ROTS I'll have a pretty good laugh at any early bashings... esp Grievous and Artoo.

Fairly irrelevant point - Your thing about 'the chancellors signal' reminded me of it - the bomb in Anakin's ex-slave head... when Obi-Wan went after Mister Darkside, why didn't he stop by Watto first and get the bomb remote.
"You can try."
Press button *BANG!*

#17 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 06 June 2005 - 07:49 PM

yeah... the oil was from R2D2s expendable oil canaster that has such a capacity it makes you wonder where he keeps it what with that huge gaping chest compartment and all...

#18 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 06 June 2005 - 08:42 PM

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I won't be reading your lists until I finish my own review of ROTS, found on my blog:

http://www.livejourn...s/3_and_1_half/

I didn't copy your format, Chef, but it does look somewhat like yours. Basically, I'm going over the movie and giving lists of what I like and what I don't.

Visit and comment! Or comment here if you don't have a LiveJournal account.

http://www.chefelf.c...?showtopic=3449
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#19 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 07 June 2005 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (Vwing @ Jun 6 2005, 01:56 PM)
My favorite line was "In regards to R2-D2 flying, the only thing that seems to make sense is this: Maybe R2 could fly because he believed in himself. But after the rise of the Empire, he lost his faith that magical things are possible."  That was classic.

I have to give credit where credit is due. That line came from a conversation I had with the very funny Jacques. He deserves full credit for that gem. wink.gif

QUOTE (Private Zod @ Jun 6 2005, 02:30 PM)
Glad to see them up.  I liked how you stated in the prologue that these are really more of "Observations" than things "You Hate."

Well, yeah. I think too many people get upset by the whole "hate" thing. Obviously I don't hate them too much since I've seen ROTS four times already. dry.gif

QUOTE (KurganX @ Jun 6 2005, 03:40 PM)
Anyway, I found an error on your 1-10 list of for ROTS ("Reasons to Hate"). This isn't a "nitpick of a nitpick" but rather a correction.
I've seen the film twice now, but I can tell you this isn't what happens at all. He doesn't drill into either of the Super Battle Droids, rather the "oil" comes shooting out of a spout on R2 himself. This is clear when you watch the scene (the oil isn't spraying out of the BD, but out of R2). The scene isn't mentioned in the novel at all, and in the screenplay (from what I've seen) puts it thusly:
In the movie he only sprays one with oil, and then jets away, with both getting caught up in the flames (and bursting!).

Hmmm. Interesting. Thanks to everyone who commented on this. After seeing it four times I still thought it was some sort of drill. Do I have to see it again? (ugh, I hope not).

That is easy enough. With a quick edit I can expand upon the stupidity of Artoo having a vast reserve of oil to squirt at droids and make them slip.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jun 6 2005, 03:50 PM)
Geez this is really forced Chef. You make a few points but with the AOTC review I was nodding in agreement with almost every point....you have freakin 3/4's of the 1st 10 complaints about R2!! Come on. You could have condensed all that into one long "I wish it was 1980 again so R2 couldnt fly or do anything besides roll along like a good midget in a tin can" reason to hate.

Well, 3/4 of the first ten minutes of the movie is Artoo's idiotic antics, so that follows nicely. tongue.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#20 User is offline   Storm Shadow Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 07 June 2005 - 12:09 AM

oh and Chef, Grevious is hacking and coughing because Mace did a "Force crush" manuever on him in the last episode of the Clone War cartoons, it was violently hilarious. It carries over into the movie, giving it a nice sense of continuity.

#21 User is offline   Plush Pile Icon

• New Cop

Posted 07 June 2005 - 12:41 AM

I thought that R2 jizzed his own supply of oil too.

Can't wait for the next 81 to be added.

are you going to be able to top "In regards to R2-D2 flying, the only thing that seems to make sense is this: Maybe R2 could fly because he believed in himself. But after the rise of the Empire, he lost his faith that magical things are possible." though?

#22 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:07 AM

Are you going to divulge at some point why the Bail organa pircure in a speeder is the summing up of ROTS. Am I missing something here? I'd love to find out.

And thanks for making it a day earlier than you aanounced. You made my day smile.gif

#23 User is offline   Private Zod Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:38 AM

One thing I will expect Chefelf to trash is the ridiculously corney love scenes between Padme and Anakin. I have seen the film twice and those scenes do make me cringe with their 3rd grade dialogue. I always thought that the scene between Luke and Leia in ROTJ was awkward, however, watching it again last night in comparison to those scenes from ROTJ made it look like a Shakesphere.

#24 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 07 June 2005 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ Jun 7 2005, 01:07 AM)
Are you going to divulge at some point why the Bail organa pircure in a speeder is the summing up of ROTS. Am I missing something here?  I'd love to find out.

I think I mention it in another reason. I dunno, I just found that pic somewhere and thought it was really dumb looking.

QUOTE (Private Zod @ Jun 7 2005, 06:38 AM)
One thing I will expect Chefelf to trash is the ridiculously corney love scenes between Padme and Anakin.

Don't worry. I've got you covered. It will be explained in great detail. wink.gif

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#25 User is offline   Veer Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jun 6 2005, 10:09 PM)
oh and Chef, Grevious is hacking and coughing because Mace did a "Force crush" manuever on him in the last episode of the Clone War cartoons, it was violently hilarious. It carries over into the movie, giving it a nice sense of continuity.

Clone Wars Cartoon? What is that?

I just assumed he was a robot that coughs, had six limbs and walked like the hunchback of notredame.

#26 User is offline   Veer Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ Jun 6 2005, 11:07 PM)
Are you going to divulge at some point why the Bail organa pircure in a speeder is the summing up of ROTS. Am I missing something here?  I'd love to find out.

The man is obviosuly going through a midlife crisis. How many senators do you see driving brightly painted 2 seater speeders around?

#27 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 07 June 2005 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (Veer @ Jun 7 2005, 01:19 PM)
Clone Wars Cartoon? What is that?

http://www.starwars.com/clonewars/

#28 User is offline   Private Zod Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 07 June 2005 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (Chefelf @ Jun 7 2005, 09:02 AM)
Don't worry.  I've got you covered.  It will be explained in great detail.  wink.gif

Thank goodness. Although I really liked the film, the love scenes had the authenticity of being Tom Cruis'es latest girlfriend.

#29 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2005 - 02:36 PM

That was awesome! I can't wait till you get the next set ready! biggrin.gif

#30 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 07 June 2005 - 04:11 PM

I liked ROTS and I disagree with some reasons (Number 2, 6 and 9) but I think you are hilarious ChefElf. I recomend you to watch the Clone Wars cartoon because they really show you how GL wasted one of the best characters ever.
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

• (30 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size