Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

The Prequels do too make sense

#16 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 05 June 2005 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (CowboyCurtis @ Jun 5 2005, 03:32 PM)
I decided to call this character Jee-Orj Lookaas.

you sir, rock!!!
biggrin.gif

#17 User is offline   Michel Orla Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Many, many things....some which wouldn't be suitable for a forum of this kind ;)

Posted 05 June 2005 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (Mnesymone @ Jun 5 2005, 06:47 PM)
Helena - that is the best smiley ever.
Casual Fan - care to back up that propaganda statement about propaganda...
for instance, why would an Imperial propaganda movie include Obi-Wan's impassioned "You were the chosen one!", be told from the perspective of the Jedi, have such clunky foreshadowing and if it was an imperial propaganda movie there is a lot of stuff that only the good guys know - if the Imperial propaganda movie knew that Obi-Wan hagrided Luke to the Lars family, why didn't newborn Vader go and retrieve his son straight off.

Well if Vader did know Luke was with the Lars family, he was quite smart to let them raise him. He must have thought to himself "If Luke will be anything like me as a teenager theres no bloody way I want to raise a whining, sniveling brat" (Luke was quite the whiner at the beginning of ANH) So he figures to let the Lars raise him, let Yoda teach him the virtues and patience and wisdom, and then lay the bombshell of being his dad and trying to convert him. Quite a genious plan if you think about it wink.gif.

This post has been edited by Michel Orla: 05 June 2005 - 10:03 PM

#18 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 06 June 2005 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE (floppydisk @ Jun 5 2005, 10:20 PM)
Yes, and I think that his explination is completely stupid. It's just another gusher's excuse for liking bad movies. Only thing it's good for is to make jokes about it.

And I think he's serious about it.

Given what he's said about the Prequels in other threads, I doubt it.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#19 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 06 June 2005 - 10:33 AM

you sir, rock!!!

Thank you! (Bows) Better than Baron Papanoida, I'd say.
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#20 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2005 - 11:12 AM

Wow more peope can't detect sarcasm/a joke than anywhere I've seen. Seems like you guys need more social interaction than Lucas does smile.gif

#21 User is offline   Casual Fan Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 08 June 2005 - 01:10 PM

This was, of course, a joke, though whoever pointed out that the makers of the "propeganda films" someehow knew that Vader's son was on Tatooine. Presumably they were made after the events in ESB.

I still challenge any gusher to come up with a simpler and more complete explanation for the discontinuities between the prequels and the OT.

#22 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 08 June 2005 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (Casual Fan @ Jun 8 2005, 02:10 PM)
I still challenge any gusher to come up with a simpler and more complete explanation for the discontinuities between the prequels and the OT.

Maybe a black pest crushed the galaxy that made technology worse, made old people forget the droids they owned, made stormtroopers less precise, let Obi-Wan and Yoda to lose their lightsabers skills and made R2 so sick that his boosters had to be cut off for he to survive.
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#23 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 10 June 2005 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (Casual Fan @ Jun 5 2005, 06:37 AM)
Repeatedly on this forum you read bashers, sad people with nothing better to do than to criticize some movies, writing that the plots of the three prequels are incoherent, that they contradict the original trilogy, and so on.  But if you take the prequels seriously and study them carefully you realize this isn't the case.

You have to understand that the prequels are not told from a neutral perspective -they are not Lucas showing us what happened before the OT.  Instead, the prequels are supposed to be the propeganda movies put out by the Empire, telling its subjects why the Republic and the Jedi had to go and how the Empire and its key officials came into being. 

Viewed that way, the prequels absolutely make sense and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
thats pretty retarded
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#24 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 12 June 2005 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (Casual Fan @ Jun 5 2005, 07:37 AM)
Repeatedly on this forum you read bashers, sad people with nothing better to do than to criticize some movies, writing that the plots of the three prequels are incoherent, that they contradict the original trilogy, and so on.  But if you take the prequels seriously and study them carefully you realize this isn't the case.

You have to understand that the prequels are not told from a neutral perspective -they are not Lucas showing us what happened before the OT.  Instead, the prequels are supposed to be the propeganda movies put out by the Empire, telling its subjects why the Republic and the Jedi had to go and how the Empire and its key officials came into being. 

Viewed that way, the prequels absolutely make sense and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

That's a really stupid theory. Even my theory is more possible. biggrin.gif
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size