• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Monkey vs God

#91 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 16 October 2005 - 10:02 PM

My mac has a handy dictionary with a second definition for Lemmings:

a person who unthinkingly joins a mass movement, esp. a headlong rush to destruction: the flailings of the lemmings on Wall Street.

Nothing personal, but I'm of the mind that to be so openly blasphemous is an exercise of free will of which I personally do not wish to partake.

#92 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 16 October 2005 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Oct 16 2005, 11:02 PM)
Nothing personal, but I'm of the mind that to be so openly blasphemous is an exercise of free will of which I personally do not wish to partake.

High five for that.

Although, I find that questioning God (or really, the religion and the Bible) usually tends to strengthen my faith in God. I haven't figured out how that one works yet though.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#93 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 16 October 2005 - 10:42 PM

Hehe. Yeah, that definition came from the myth created that lemmings really do all jump off of cliffs in mass suicides in Norway.

And I guess not wanting to be blasphemous is understandable... *shrug* I told god a long time ago that he should just ignore me when I say "God damn it all!", because I'm not using "god" in a deified context, just as part a general exp​ression of disgust at something.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#94 User is offline   Zatoichi Icon

• Left Hand Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Conquering the World! Being the who when you call "Who's there?"

Posted 16 October 2005 - 10:52 PM

I might tell God that too. Sadly, I do it way too much. The Lord's name in vain bit that is.
Apparently writing about JM here is his secret weakness. Muwahaha!!!! Now I have leverage over him and am another step closer towards my goal of world domination.

"And the Evil that was vanquished shall rise anew. Wrapped in the guise of man shall he walk amongst the innocent and Terror shall consume they that dwell upon the Earth. The skies will rain fire. The seas shall become as blood. The righteous shall fall before the wicked! And all creation shall tremble before the burning standards of Hell!" - Mephisto

Kurgan X showed me this web comic done with Legos. It pokes fun at all six Star Wars films and I found it to be extremely entertaining.
<a href="http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html" target="_blank">http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/cast/starwars.html</a>

#95 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 16 October 2005 - 10:59 PM

If he's as cool as he's made out to be, he understands that we're really not trying to literally curse inanimate objects all the time.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#96 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Jun 7 2005, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What was before the Big Bang at the beginning of time? NOTHING, not even time. There was no "before" the Big Bang, since time was compressedin that time/space bubble as well. what caused the Bang to happen, then? Nothing. It just is.

Yeah, good points about the eventual need for an axiom. We won't be able to prove everything, and therefore we can't prove anything, I agree. I just don't see the need for God when you already have the essentially mystery of the Universe. God makes it MORE mysterious, not less, since you're ading that level of complexity. Occam's razor, and all.

I hate to be a necromancer, but I watched a documentary today about intelligent design and I had to see what, if anything, had been said here.

First off - I’m pretty sure science is moving toward the concept of multiple universes - that our universe in just one of an infinite number of universes floating around in the eleventh dimension… or something. I could be mistaken.

So before the big bang - there still may have been something. I heard a theory that our universe may have come into being by two other universes colliding… or something.

Anyway - why can’t “god” be the “universe” itself? Why do people always have to put “god” into some outside being. “god” should have no trouble willing itself into being, which would explain how existence aka “the universe” willed itself into being?

QUOTE (StantheGarbageMan @ Sep 4 2005, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"...one theory is that there are an infinate amount of universes, each one slightly different then the last. For instance there could be a universe that is exactly the same as our own, only everything is a different shade of blue, a sort of 'Bluniverse'.

Yeah "M Theory" or something. Thats what I was talking about.

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size