• « First

My friend's theory Vexxed. Let me know what you guys think

#61 User is offline   julie123 Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 04 July 2005 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Jul 4 2005, 02:14 AM)
okay, i can't believ people are still struggling with this.

Palpatine is Anikans 'father'

do really think George "I've got a bad feeling about this"/"be mindful of your thoughts"/"ouch you cut off my hand"/"everyone's related"/"christ, even chewie and yoda knew each other" Lucas wasn't going to repeat something like the main character being the son of the main bad guy!?!

I really hate to disagree with you but Mr hit them over the head until it hurts Lucas would have hit us over the head with the big Anakin I am your father now do what I tell you and kill Obi Wan in ROTS if this was true.

#62 User is offline   julie123 Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 04 July 2005 - 01:08 PM

[So what we do know is that someone manipulated the midiclorians to create Anakin, and its between Palpatine and Plageous. I like Storm's theiry that Plageous was tinkering around and managed to do it, but I concede the point that Lucas isn't clever enough anymore to give us that so its Palpatine which assumes he does know how to create a life at great concentration and time to suit his needs. This begs the question whether he knows how to cheat death and won't share with Vader to keep him loyal, or he really doesn't know. If he doesn't know the secret, none of the subsequent events show that either of them looked to solve the mystery, it seems it dropped as a priority when Palps tells Vader he inadvertently killed Padme.

Trouble with this is that it's Storm's theory and not Mr Lucas'. Lucas is no longer a subtle film maker and if Plageous created life, and more to the point Anakin's life, Palpatine would have said so. I think subsequent events do show that Palpatine did not know how to prevent death because both he and Anakin/Vader die in the OT.

#63 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 04 July 2005 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (julie123 @ Jul 4 2005, 12:56 PM)
I really hate to disagree with you but Mr hit them over the head until it hurts Lucas would have hit us over the head with the big Anakin I am your father now do what I tell you and kill Obi Wan in ROTS if this was true.

I think it was a pathetic attempt at subtlety.

#64 User is offline   julie123 Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (barend @ Jul 5 2005, 01:46 AM)
I think it was a pathetic attempt at subtlety.

Nah, there would have been a big gnarled old white hand creeping out of the Emperor's cloak ...

#65 User is offline   Revan-47 Icon

• The Prophet
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:35 PM

Id bet 23 years ago, or whenever return of the jedi came out, nobody was thinking that later wed be arguing about midi chlorians and palpatine kind of being anakin's father.
"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

#66 User is offline   James12345 Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:32 PM

OK, palp did prolly create anakin, otherwise why would he have no father (lucas would not have done this unintentionally, it is a puzzle for the idiotic)

However, REMEMBER had Anakin not turned to the dark side would Padme have died? I don't think so....

Palpatine lied....DUH!

#67 User is offline   James12345 Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:35 PM

PS

How old is Palpatine? I think he cheated death many times over.........
Did the lightning scar him or is that his true form?

#68 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:40 PM

Yeah, Anakin was played like a one string banjo!

And I’m starting to think the audience was as well.

Look at the actors faces. You can extrapolate the incoherent and convoluted plot from McDarmid and Lee's faces...

Their ability to act often disinter-mediates some of Lucas’ erroneous plot points.
They give away what the shitty dialogue fails to…

Palpatine made Anakin.
Doku worked for Palpatine
Grievous sucked.

It’s all there…

#69 User is offline   julie123 Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 08 July 2005 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE (DarthTherion @ Jun 14 2005, 04:21 AM)
I assumed they were talking about preventing natural death. Not death by lightsaber.

That sounds like a good name for a band, doesn't it? "Death By Lightsaber"

There is no such thing as a natural or unnatural death. There is death by natural or unnatural causes, but death itself is a natural consequence of life. It is quite clear that Palpatine was linking preventing death and the darkside together in Anakin's mind because he was trying to convince Anakin to turn to the dark side and become Darth 'instein at the same time.

#70 User is offline   Radu094 Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Post icon  Posted 08 July 2005 - 10:53 AM

blink.gif

... does this make the Emperor Luke's grandfather? So, ermm.gif like.. , in ROTJ it's like a big ol' family reunion?

.. Sidious, Vader and Junior sick.gif ?

"I'm looking forward to completing your training. In time ...you will call me granpa"
I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.

#71 User is offline   julie123 Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (Radu094 @ Jul 8 2005, 03:53 PM)
blink.gif

... does this make the Emperor Luke's grandfather?  So,  ermm.gif like.. , in ROTJ it's like a big ol' family reunion?

..  Sidious, Vader and Junior  sick.gif ?
"I'm looking forward to completing your training. In time ...you will call me granpa"

Only if you believe Storm's theory to be correct regarding Anakin's 'virgin' birth and that Anakin was stupid enough to believe that Palpatine knew how to prevent death then .... oh wait ..

Luke "Hi Gramps, you look nothing like my dad over there" blushing.gif

#72 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 08 July 2005 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (julie123 @ Jul 8 2005, 11:02 AM)
Luke "Hi Gramps, you look nothing like my dad over there"  blushing.gif

EMPoroer: wait till you see his ghost... then you won't know what the fuck is going on...

#73 User is offline   showmethemoney Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 09 July 2005 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE (barend @ Jul 9 2005, 12:09 AM)
EMPoroer: wait till you see his ghost... then you won't know what the fuck is going on...

Anakin is Sandpeople's son!
That's why they kidnapped his mother and did'nt kill her!
Was a family thing.
They never accepted Anakin bicouse he hate the sand!
And that's why she did'nt confess who is Anakin's fhater to Qui Jon, she was a cheap prostitute talkin to a monk. She lied!
She was the sandpeople sex-toy. Warhto used to rent her to them and she was their favorite, but after the expulsion of little Anakin she stop visiting them, so they took her back.
It's all in the next cartoon: SW: The Sand Menace tongue.gif who covers the pre-PT times.

This post has been edited by showmethemoney: 09 July 2005 - 12:41 AM

#74 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 10 July 2005 - 12:30 AM

How old is Palpatine? I think he cheated death many times over.........

You THINK he cheated death many times over. Where is the evidence that proves this?

Did the lightning scar him or is that his true form?

Conjecture on your part, not evident in film, not presented in films as such, not good film-making on Lucas' part if all of this has be "figured out" by the audience. Bad, bad, bad (spank-spank) BAD film-maker, Lucas....

I punish my dog the same way and stick his nose in the poop pile, too, to get the point across...
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size