• +
  • Last »

Mace Windu GL really fucked up here.

#16 User is offline   Ferris Wiel Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 26 May 2005 - 01:51 PM

According to the novel, an EU source, Mace didn't use the dark side or his anger, he was, in a sense, simply reflecting all of SuperPalpy's dark energy during the fight. The more energy SuperPalpy exerted, the more power that was used back on him and Mace wasn't feeling the flow of the dark-side, but instead deflecting and focusing it back at its source.

--FW

#17 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 26 May 2005 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (Sauron @ May 26 2005, 11:40 AM)
Am I the only one who noticed him crying while looking over the lava after he killed everyone...

Wuss = crying
There's no crying in baseball and no crying on the darkside.

As previously stated, he was not a wuss. He had yet to fully embrace his darkness, and he partly mourned what he was doing.

QUOTE (HK 47 @ May 26 2005, 12:05 PM)
I agree, Jedi destroy Sith whenever they get the opportunity.

Concerning Palpatines mutation, what really happens there? Does he use his own life force to feed his power in order to stop Mace? Did he use the dark side to disguise himself as Palpatine (i.e he was always that hideous) and when he faces Mace he has to use all the power at his disposal to fight him? Or was he faking total helplessness? He certainly seemed to have power left as he fried Mace.

Was I the only one to see that the lightning was reflected back onto Palpatine? The lightnign melted his face, that's all.
Proof: It didn't happen again when he fried Luke.

This post has been edited by floppydisk: 26 May 2005 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#18 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2005 - 02:14 PM

Yeah, but I just felt that his "deformity" looked too symmetrical to be battle damage. Like he was meant to look that way. But then again, Lucas makes weird decisions sometimes. Imagine just how horrifying the Emperor could have looked if they made the damage realistic. Darth Hideous.

ps. I think Sauron was kidding...

#19 User is offline   DragonLord Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Interests:Study: Engineering Physics, Buisness Administration and Economics<br />Interests: Kickboxing and chess<br />Favorite books: Catcher in the Rye, The book of five rings, Lord of the Rings, Art of War

Posted 26 May 2005 - 03:22 PM

Shouldn't Luke also get deformed after a few minutes of lightningtorture?

I thought that scene with Palpy getting melted was pretty ok by the way.

#20 User is offline   Cyclonian Icon

• New Cop

Posted 26 May 2005 - 03:30 PM

Yeh it was most effective.

#21 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (DragonLord @ May 26 2005, 03:22 PM)
Shouldn't Luke also get deformed after a few minutes of lightningtorture?

I thought that scene with Palpy getting melted was pretty ok by the way.

Well, you bring up a good point. That means that the lightning didn't cause the damage, and using it didn't cause the damage (cause Palpy didn't get F'd up when he used it on Luke). The only two explinations I can come up with are that he wasn't a master of it when he used it against Mace, or that GL is a fucking idiot. I'm going for the second option, but I want to believe the first. Anyone remember if Palpy used it against Yoda in thier fight?
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#22 User is offline   Cyclonian Icon

• New Cop

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:15 PM

You're kidding, right? There was definitely some force lightning being used when Palpatine fought Yoda. He threw him clean across the room.

This post has been edited by Cyclonian: 26 May 2005 - 05:16 PM

#23 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:18 PM

I don't know...It's all a blur. The only things I remember clearly are Anikin's fight and his line "I hate you!" And the absurd fights between the Jedi and GG.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#24 User is offline   Cyclonian Icon

• New Cop

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:20 PM

Well Grevious was a bit much, I will give you that. Why was he coughing anyway when he first came onscreen?

But when he fought Ben the last time and his arms split , I really thoguht that was overdone.

But to answer your question, yes, force lightning was in play when the Emperor battled Yoda.

#25 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:25 PM

Yes, like it's been said here over and over, the battles are really overdone, and they're more fancy flips and jumps (just because GL can make them) than actual sword fighting. Us bashers mourn for the days of ESB and ROTJ fighting.

The arms splitting wasn't too bad, it was the twirling human-blender thing that was overdoing it. I assume that's what you had in mind, though.

And I have no bloody idea why he had bronchitus. Anyone know?
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#26 User is offline   Cyclonian Icon

• New Cop

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:28 PM

Yeh thats what I meant.

I figure the only reason GL put such detailed scenery in the space battle was to show how Anakin is this great star pilot, to tie in with Ben telling Luke that in Star Wars (I dont call it A New Hope, sorry).
The lightsaber duels I didnt mind except Obi Wan Vs GG.

This post has been edited by Cyclonian: 26 May 2005 - 05:29 PM

#27 User is offline   GreviousMAKESmeSAD Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (floppydisk @ May 26 2005, 06:25 PM)
Yes, like it's been said here over and over, the battles are really overdone, and they're more fancy flips and jumps (just because GL can make them) than actual sword fighting. Us bashers mourn for the days of ESB and ROTJ fighting.

The arms splitting wasn't too bad, it was the twirling human-blender thing that was overdoing it. I assume that's what you had in mind, though.

And I have no bloody idea why he had bronchitus. Anyone know?

Greivous is coughing because in the Clone Wars cartoon that takes place between AOTC and ROTS, He gets his chest cavity crushed by Mace. Bad idea of Lucas not to somehow let the audience in on that. He expects everyone watches all his crap. (Although, in my opinion, the cartoon is much better than the films)

Also, Palpatine really looked old and disgusting. He was in disguise in the senate. He completely acted like he was betrayed and helpless with Windu, to get Anakin to sympathize. Not a good job going from rebelious young jedi, to completely evil warlord in about 5 minutes time. One second, he's lamenting over hurting mace, the very next scene he's slaughtering children. Why not make characters change their personalites completely within the scene, to push it even further?

#28 User is offline   SPQR Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:To expand the realm, bring order to the fringes, and to hunt down and destroy the pretenders of the triumverate.

Posted 26 May 2005 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (GreviousMAKESmeSAD @ May 26 2005, 11:56 PM)
Greivous is coughing because in the Clone Wars cartoon that takes place between AOTC and ROTS, He gets  his chest cavity crushed by Mace.  Bad idea of Lucas not to somehow let the audience in on that.  He expects everyone watches all his crap.  (Although, in my opinion, the cartoon is much better than the films)

Also, Palpatine really looked old and disgusting.  He was in disguise in the senate.  He completely acted like he was betrayed and helpless with Windu, to get Anakin to sympathize.  Not a good job going from rebelious young jedi, to completely evil warlord in about 5 minutes time.  One second, he's lamenting over hurting mace, the very next scene he's slaughtering children.  Why not make characters change their personalites completely within the scene, to push it even further?

First, the fact that the viewer needs to pick up the story from a cartoon is utterly ridiculous (and insulting). It's like having to pick up the story in between the Godfather sequals from Puzo's unpublished memoirs. The problems with Grievous is that GL has one concept:more, more, more! More ships, lasers, explosions, booms, aliens, robots, and of course light sabers. He did 2 bladed, 2 sabers, and now he's like, shit might as well go to 4, because it's 4x the fun!! (wrong!)
The scene with Windu was plain awful. You either had to believe that Palpatine was a bad actor towards Anakin (and that Anakin was stupid enough to fall for such bad acting) or that McDiarmid was a bad actor as the emperor. I'll bet against any actor under GL's direction any day of the week. Either way you slice it the scene was full of very bad acting- I couldn't believe that Anakin fell for such obvious bad acting by Palpatine, thus McDiarmid did a bad job of making a believable acting to be betrayed scene. (and quit kissing McDiarmid's ass, what work of notoriety has he done before this? nada!) The stupid faces he was making, the ridiculous pleading it was all so...laughable! His face should have gotten deformed by the force deflection by the Yodester...
An nescis quantilla sapientia mundus regatur

#29 User is offline   Private Zod Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 26 May 2005 - 07:26 PM

The novelization expounds that the one thing Mace was truly dedicated to and loyal to above all else was to the ideals of the Republic. When he realizes that a Sith lord was controlling the Senate and manipulating the Jedi Council, he effectively snaps and tries to kill Palpatine. Anakin did regret killing Dooku and knew he made a mistake that he tried to prevent Mace from making (also to keep Palpatine alive to learn how to keep Padme from dying). Once he sliced off Windu's arm, and Palpatine sent him to his death, he knew what was done could not be undone. He accepted the Dark Side and became totally corrupted by it in that instance.

YEs, I am drinking the GL Kool-Aid...I choose to follow it b/c I liked the film. thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by Private Zod: 26 May 2005 - 07:28 PM

#30 User is offline   Cyclonian Icon

• New Cop

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:57 PM

It was very chilling to see Mace Windu bite the big one in such a manner.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size