• Last »

Mace Windu GL really fucked up here.

#1 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:23 AM

Now, when Mace is fighting Palpy, and he's on the ropes, helpless and beatan, Mace is going to kill him. I know that he's the biggest danger to the galaxy in forever, but the Jedi way does NOT include striking down helpless opponents. Mace held all the cards, and had all the advantages. Anikin was right on this one, but still GL shows his ignorance by making Mace want to kill him. You'll notice that Luke didn't kill Vader in ROTJ. Luke is the perfect example of a Jedi. So why would a Master from the Republic kill Palpy? Because GL is an idiot.

And while I'm right next to something else I want to bitch about, Anikin's turn to the dark side is stupid as fuck.

"Oh, no! I just killed a friend and mentor"

"It is your desssstiny! Join me!" (said in a gollum voice)

"Umm.... Okay."

Weak!11!!1
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#2 User is offline   Lord Melkor Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:28 AM

Mace wasn`t perfect! I think he used his Anger to defeat Sidious.

And Anakin`s mind was twisted by Darkside, maybe even Sidious`s powers? Anakin opened himself to Darkness at this moment, and he became posessed by inner(?) demons.

This post has been edited by Lord Melkor: 26 May 2005 - 08:31 AM

#3 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:37 AM

No, the main problem with Anikin is that he reluctantly turns to the dark side. It would be a much stronger movie if it was a choice he made, rather than being tricked and bullied into it.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#4 User is offline   Lord Melkor Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:36 AM

But he enjoyed the Power he could achieve, didn`t he?

Oh, and this reluctant turn makes Anakin even more tragic!

This post has been edited by Lord Melkor: 26 May 2005 - 09:37 AM

#5 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:49 AM

Yes, it's tragic, but it makes the sith lord we know and love look like a flakey wuss instead of a total hard-ass.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#6 User is offline   Lord Melkor Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:52 AM

Hey, he didn`t act as a wuss after his turn!

If he really loved Padme, not himself, than why he choked her? He was a sellfish person, treating Padme like his most prized posession.

#7 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:02 AM

That's totally inconsistant. He choked Padme because he was terribly confused as to what was happening, and I think he may have been a little crazy at that point. Which doesn't destroy my argument at all, it just makes it even more clear that he turned for no other reason than he was confused.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#8 User is offline   SPQR Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:To expand the realm, bring order to the fringes, and to hunt down and destroy the pretenders of the triumverate.

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE (floppydisk @ May 26 2005, 04:02 PM)
That's totally inconsistant. He choked Padme because he was terribly confused as to what was happening, and I think he may have been a little crazy at that point. Which doesn't destroy my argument at all, it just makes it even more clear that he turned for no other reason than he was confused.

He didn't kill him! Quit making things up already.

Actually, Anakin it can be argued, did the right thing by halting Windu from killing Palpatine. Palpatine killed Windu. Anakin could have cut off his head, he just cut off his arm. Palpatine then proceeded to toss him out the window. Anakin then felt as if he were complicit, but his immediate reaction to stop Windu from murder is correct, if a bit hypocritical after he himself murdered Dooku. He knew that was wrong, and was trying to get back on the right path by reminding Mace that killing Palp was wrong.

Again, revisionists, he did not kill Windu.
He was too shocked by his actions to prevent Palp from tossing his purple sabered ass out the window as well.

Hmmm...I'm surprised GL didn't let Jackson wear his signature Kangol when reprising his role.
An nescis quantilla sapientia mundus regatur

#9 User is offline   Sauron Icon

• New Cop

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (Lord Melkor @ May 26 2005, 09:52 AM)
Hey, he didn`t act as a wuss after his turn!

Am I the only one who noticed him crying while looking over the lava after he killed everyone...

Wuss = crying

There's no crying in baseball and no crying on the darkside.

#10 User is offline   Michel Orla Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Many, many things....some which wouldn't be suitable for a forum of this kind ;)

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:51 AM

"Destory the Sith we must, on this it all depends" Or something to that effect in what Yoda says. I think Jedi DO kill Sith, and Mace needed to kill him, as Sidious is far too dangerous to let live. Meh, thinking about it too much gives one a headache. I think there were far too many dogmatic rules concerning the Jedi in the whole saga. The game KOTOR handles Jedi's do's and dont's (along with acceptable Jedi flaws) much clearer

This post has been edited by Michel Orla: 26 May 2005 - 11:52 AM

#11 User is offline   Bohrok Awakener Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:56 AM

Well, part of a Jedi's duty is to destroy Sith, since there are very few redeeming factors in a Sith. However, I agree that Mace was overacting. He actually seemed to be taking pleasure in killing Palpatine, the sadistic freak. He should have been a bit more calm and formal about it.

Anakin was right to stop Mace, especially since Mace absorbing the Force lightening caused Palpatine to mutate.

#12 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:05 PM

I agree, Jedi destroy Sith whenever they get the opportunity.

Concerning Palpatines mutation, what really happens there? Does he use his own life force to feed his power in order to stop Mace? Did he use the dark side to disguise himself as Palpatine (i.e he was always that hideous) and when he faces Mace he has to use all the power at his disposal to fight him? Or was he faking total helplessness? He certainly seemed to have power left as he fried Mace.

#13 User is offline   Twig Bear Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:21 PM

Concerning Palpatines mutation, what really happens there? Does he use his own life force to feed his power in order to stop Mace? Did he use the dark side to disguise himself as Palpatine (i.e he was always that hideous) and when he faces Mace he has to use all the power at his disposal to fight him? Or was he faking total helplessness? He certainly seemed to have power left as he fried Mace.

UMLIMITED POWA!!!!!

Don't you remember?

#14 User is offline   Michel Orla Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Many, many things....some which wouldn't be suitable for a forum of this kind ;)

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:21 PM

Im pretty sure in both the ROTJ and a few *gasp* EU novels it states the Emperor deformaty was caused by tapping into the darkside for so long. But I like your idea of how his disguised himself.

I kinda like Maces reaction.....if he would've lived and killed Palpatine perhaps he would've gone to the darkside, or at least leave the Jedi Order because he gave into his hate. I like seeing Jedi's with flaws

#15 User is offline   HeckHouse Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 26 May 2005 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (Sauron @ May 26 2005, 11:40 AM)
Am I the only one who noticed him crying while looking over the lava after he killed everyone...

Wuss = crying
There's no crying in baseball and no crying on the darkside.

Well, that's an incredibly immature way of looknig at life. Crying is not "wussy".

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size