Chefelf.com Night Life: Cheeky Pic'ures Of Saddams Knickers - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Cheeky Pic'ures Of Saddams Knickers Thursday, May 26, 2005

#1 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 26 May 2005 - 07:20 AM

U.S. investigates tabloid’s Saddam photos
More photos published Saturday, including one of ‘Chemical Ali'
BAGHDAD, Iraq - A British tabloid published more revealing photographs of Saddam Hussein in U.S. custody on Saturday, a day after it ran a front-page picture of the former Iraqi leader naked except for his underwear.

The international Red Cross, which is responsible for monitoring prisoners of war and detainees, said the photographs violated Saddam’s right to privacy. The U.S. military condemned the publication and ordered an investigation of how the pictures were leaked to The Sun.

Saturday’s pictures included one of Saddam seen through barbed wire wearing a white robe-like garment, and another of Ali Hassan al-Majid, better known as “Chemical Ali,” in a bathrobe and holding a towel.

The photos were certain to offend Arab sensibilities and heap more scorn on an American image already tarnished by the prisoner abuse scandal at Abu Ghraib prison and allegations by Newsweek, later retracted, about desecration of the Quran at the U.S. prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

U.S., British military under scrutiny
Saddam’s chief lawyer, Ziad al-Khasawneh, said the photos “add to acts that are practiced against the Iraqi people.” He said he would sue the newspaper “and everyone who helped in showing these pictures.”

Giovanni de Stefano, Saddam's lawyer in Britain, told NBC News that "a potential criminal offence has alledgedly been committed under Section 13 of the Geneva Convention 1949.

"It has been repeated today. Our request is for the Director of Public Prosecution and Secretary of State to take action."

When asked if he felt the photos had been leaked by British soldiers, he replied: "Not excluded. There are 2 alternatives: U.S. soldiers and British soldiers were guarding him. The U.S. guards have denied any involvement and have launched an inquiry. The British guards have said nothing."

"That leads us to believe.... there are presumptions in law... you no longer have a right to silence," he told NBC News on Saturday.

However, The Sun said Friday the photos were provided by a U.S. military official it did not identify who hoped their release would deal a blow to Iraq’s insurgency. Managing editor Graham Dudman told The Associated Press that the newspaper paid “a small sum” for the photos. He would not elaborate except to say it was more than 500 British pounds, which is about $900.

The New York Post, which is also owned by Murdoch, also published the photos on Friday.

U.S. vows full probe
The U.S. military in Baghdad said the publication of the photos violated U.S. military guidelines “and possibly Geneva Convention guidelines for the humane treatment of detained individuals.”

A spokesman, Staff Sgt. Don Dees, said the military would question the troops responsible for Saddam.

Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman said U.S. military officials in Iraq believe the photos are “dated” — perhaps more than one year old, although no specific date has been established.

“This is something that should not have happened,” Whitman said.

Army Maj. Flora Lee, Multinational Forces spokeswoman in Baghdad, said the photos could have been from January 2004 to April 2004, “based on the background of the photos and appearance of him.”

Images taken from surveillance cameras?
Saddam, who was captured in December 2003, has been jailed at a complex near Baghdad airport named Camp Cropper, which holds 110 high-profile detainees.

Lee would not confirm an NBC News report citing Pentagon sources that Saddam was moved to a different cell in another location and that the photos were taken by 24-hour surveillance cameras.

Aside from U.S. soldiers, the only others with access to Saddam are his legal team, prosecuting judge Raed Johyee and the International Committee for the Red Cross, which monitors his treatment for compliance with the Geneva Conventions.

“Taking and using photographs of him is clearly forbidden,” ICRC Middle East spokeswoman Dorothea Krimitsas said. U.S. forces are obliged to “preserve the privacy of the detainee.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7917696/ (there's plenty more, its worth looking)

You know, I thought The Sun was designed for spreading pictures of naked ladies. Shows how much has changed since I went to university then...

Thanks to JM Hofmarn for this!
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#2 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 26 May 2005 - 07:34 AM

Wow, way to show the rebels who's boss.

"Haha, not only can we torture and kill you guys, but if you really piss us off we'll take pictures of you in your underwear!!!"

Yep, with brilliant strategies like this the war should be over in a couple years. I'm glad the right side will win in this.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#3 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:15 PM

What, the Kurds?

Oh... you were talking about the Grand Army of Dubya...
Dubya's a chump.

#4 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:35 PM

And I see people with those stupid t-shirts that say "Dubya's my homeboy"
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#5 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 26 May 2005 - 06:06 PM

I was not refering to Bush in that, I thought it would be cool to leave it vague though.

And I did a lengthy tirade on those home boy shirts. Bush's supporters using african american slang is tragicly ironic considering how hated he is by african americans.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#6 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 26 May 2005 - 07:05 PM

well at least actual military or political targets get to keep their underware on in USGI photo shoots...

it's the people who are dragged off the street, or out of their homes in the middle of the night, for being of 'proposed military age' (16-40).

ah god bless the united states of the aptly niknames great satan (USANGS).

#7 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:18 PM

Yes... god (whom I don't believe in) bless the United (hardly... even distinct portions of individual states hate other distinct portions - see north and south California) States (that bit I can't argue with) of America (despite the fact that there are so many other places in the Americas that disagree with the USA).
And if I see anyone wearing a 'Dubya's my homeboy' shirt I'll lower their fertility with my boots.

#8 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 29 May 2005 - 01:23 AM

I would too.

I hope the media gets sued, but since it's in with the current political administration, that won't happen.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#9 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2005 - 11:34 PM

I hope the media gets burned to the ground then ground into food paste for use in fishing and their satellite dishes turned into recreational dishes.
Thats just me in general at most times. I personally think modern journalism is evil and those who practice it should form part of the population streamline, but I also think the same of evangelists, telemarketers, people who cheat at cards, people who swear from bus windows, human resource executives, SUV drivers, compulsive bastards, people who beat up wives/husbands/children, paedophiles, headspinning nightmare stalkers, gun nuts, politicians, high-ranking military, commercial fishing and whaling executives, sport hunters, flipcar and drag racers and announcers, the guys at microsoft who run the deliberate flaws and fast upgrade cycle, hypocrites, Luddites, People who are willing to surrender freedoms for a bad cause, people who are unwilling to surrender freedoms for a good cause, people who believe in human superiority over animal kind and unsporting sportsmen.
Well... that seems to be everything.

#10 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 30 May 2005 - 11:06 AM

You forgot those smacktards that curse at you for no reason from thier fast cars.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#11 User is offline   SPQR Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:To expand the realm, bring order to the fringes, and to hunt down and destroy the pretenders of the triumverate.

Posted 30 May 2005 - 02:32 PM

Seems that I landed in the land of broad brush strokes. No, not all blacks hate GW, as a matter of fact Bush narrowed the voter gap. (You see, blacks do not mass together and vote as one bloc, kinda like you white folks- yessa, some us actually have different opinions). Why do so many English and Australian Yankee-haters care wether white Americans use an urban reference in support of GW? It is part of their AMERICAN culture after all. I don't get agitated by a gangly brit with a polo shirt and bad teeth calling himself the streets. But I do take issue with the fresh off the boat Africans in the UK and Europe posing like an urban or black American with US athletic jerseys, chains, and loose fitting jeans. That is not their culture even though they are black, but they look the bigger fool pretending. Black culture has more than left its mark on all Americans, and the influence is so ingrained and widespread that a homeboy t-shirt is nothing but pasé. Come to LA and see for yourself we have first generation Chinese, Vietnamese, mexicans, armenians, russians, and koreans all 'acting' black (oh yeah, Cali is hated by y'all).

I don't like or support Bush, or the Iraq war myself. But, I'm not going to feel sorry for Saddam or the so-called abused terrorists over a supposed flushed book, photos in underwear and so forth. That's playing right into the media's hands, which you all seem to do so easily. Not when every day we are bombarded with images and reports of decapitations of aid workers, civilians and endless bombings of innocent Iraqis. You don't see me protesting in the streets and killing others when these attrocities are reported. Do you even have to think about who you would rather see in power? The Iraqis that want a better life, or the ones who want them to drop to their knees and enter a life of subserviance to religious fanatics? America shouldn't have gone to Iraq, shouldn't have made this war, but it's too late. Now you must decide what it is to become.
An nescis quantilla sapientia mundus regatur

#12 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 30 May 2005 - 02:53 PM

Dude. I just hate the shirts because they're stupid.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#13 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 May 2005 - 04:41 PM

SPQR, I was having a nice mindless rant.

In my personal opinion Dubya and a whole lot of his cohorts should be jailed for war crimes - (because they are war criminals - see?) and so should the execute-random-people-of-any-given nation guys kicking around in Iraq.
Why not feel sorry for Saddam? American forces were used to put him in his place, he got the UNICEF award for governance of a sovereign nation, then George H.W. Bush (Herbie-dubya) launched an inconclusive attack on him, left him to stew in his juices for bloody ages in an indentured servitude and then George W. Bush (Dubya) after realising that the only thing that gave him public support was the war against terror and he was having trouble finding Osama decided to have a go at a crippled nation and prance around like a fool over a punitive victoty and then go "Lah-di-dah" when he realises he made a power vacuum and now Iraq has been split into insurrectionist factions and are killing people, which they never did under Saddam.
Funny old thing, life.

And having any "I have a favourite politician printed shirt" is just stupid.

#14 User is offline   SPQR Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:To expand the realm, bring order to the fringes, and to hunt down and destroy the pretenders of the triumverate.

Posted 30 May 2005 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (Mnesymone @ May 30 2005, 10:41 PM)
SPQR, I was having a nice mindless rant.

In my personal opinion Dubya and a whole lot of his cohorts should be jailed for war crimes - (because they are war criminals - see?) and so should the execute-random-people-of-any-given nation guys kicking around in Iraq.
Why not feel sorry for Saddam? American forces were used to put him in his place, he got the UNICEF award for governance of a sovereign nation, then George H.W. Bush (Herbie-dubya) launched an inconclusive attack on him, left him to stew in his juices for bloody ages in an indentured servitude and then George W. Bush (Dubya) after realising that the only thing that gave him public support was the war against terror and he was having trouble finding Osama decided to have a go at a crippled nation and prance around like a fool over a punitive victoty and then go "Lah-di-dah" when he realises he made a power vacuum and now Iraq has been split into insurrectionist factions and are killing people, which they never did under Saddam.
Funny old thing, life.

And having any "I have a favourite politician printed shirt" is just stupid.

First, the GW tee shirt is ironic. Having say, a LOTR tee shirt is stupid.
Yeah, feeling sorry for the bad guy is the new trend. Inconclusive attck on him? They liberated Kuwait, and destroyed the re-enforcements enroute from Iraq. A war to overthrow Saddam was not in the cards. You're arguing with yourself, as no one here is supporting the current war. The fact is, and what you failed to address, is that the war happened, and now what?
You live in a world of blinders. The fact that it didn't happen under Saddam is because dissenters, activists and radicals were imprisoned and executed, in the soccer stadium as a form of festival no less. Is this a better situation: See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil?
Funny new thing, truth...
An nescis quantilla sapientia mundus regatur

#15 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 30 May 2005 - 06:49 PM

Okay, this topics been kicked around a lot. Let's talk about melons now. I like watermelon.

This post has been edited by floppydisk: 30 May 2005 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size