• +
  • « First
  • Last »

The Darth Vader Nooooo A request

#46 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 10 June 2005 - 04:04 PM

fine. Have it your way. (Albeit, the Vader in the OT is Greatly diminished imho,)
I will continue to smile when I think of Darth's whine. I mean line.

And I'm certain that of all the takes of that line which were recorded, you will argue that what we got was the best possible result of writing, directing and acting, hmmm? rolleyes.gif

"this helmet is chafing my eyebrows" is at least an honest response.

#47 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 10 June 2005 - 04:05 PM

I know you're trying your best to get us to see Storm, I really do, but Vader doing that VADER doing that just seems so... out of character to me. Yeah, I could see the two "Noooo's" as being somewhat cheesy, but Luke's "no" is within character. He would act, scream like that.

Somehow... to me.... and yes, it's just my opinion, but it seems so out of character, and if a movie has pulled me out of the story where I'm scratching my head going, "that just doesn't seem like the character at all," then the movie has failed.

Vader from the OT is silent, deadly, omnious. When I see the PT Vader all I can think of is Hayden Christensen inside of it moving around all I think of is a 20 years older, 20-lbs. heavier JEJ faking the lines.

I would've preferred a good "Argh," myself, but there are too many problems with the film that not even that change would make it better.
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#48 User is offline   Hari Seldon Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 10 June 2005 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (Storm @ Jun 10 2005, 07:41 PM)
Seems to me Vader's "Noooo!" came out of desperation and defiance to Palpatine's revelation as well, which he already then suspects to be true.

"Oh Crikey!", would also be as fine.
"I prefer rationalism to atheism. The question of God and other objects-of-faith are outside reason and play no part in rationalism, thus you don't have to waste your time in either attacking or defending."

Isaac Asimov

#49 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 10 June 2005 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (CowboyCurtis @ Jun 10 2005, 04:05 PM)
I would've preferred a good "Argh," myself, but there are too many problems with the film that not even that change would make it better.

How about an Arrrr! or a Yarrr!?

And I think that Mark Hammil took up some other profession after acting...
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#50 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2005 - 02:00 AM

To see the dark lord of the sith acting like the kid whose mom won't buy him the cereal with the saber-spoon is simply comical.

Thats weak.

EDIT- i`d like to get a look at the OT that exists inside some of your heads. It sounds great!

This post has been edited by jariten: 11 June 2005 - 02:01 AM

#51 User is offline   Michel Orla Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Many, many things....some which wouldn't be suitable for a forum of this kind ;)

Posted 11 June 2005 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (Storm @ Jun 10 2005, 02:07 PM)
I'm just waiting for a good explanation as to why Luke's whiny bitch scream of "That's not true!  That's impossible!  Nooooooooo!  Nooooo!" in ESB is more acceptable than Vader's "Nooooo!" in ROTS.

I have always laughed at that part in ESB, even as a kid.  But don't get me wrong, I do like the scene and I think ESB is the best movie in the saga.  I just like laughing at how pathetic Luke is.

I have to admit you have a point Storm. People who aren't fans of Star Wars make fun of that part. Taken alone Luke's "Nooooooooooo" does sound cheesy and over the top. But, as it has been said, that is Luke's character. Add to the fact Vader carries that scene with JEJ's delivery and well done lines. The whole scene is very effective when you take everything into account

I guess most, including myself, wanted to see a diffrent reaction from Vader. We've already seen the weak and vunerable Anakin throughout the last two movies, the first time we see Vader we want it to be badass. Perhaps our expectations were too high

#52 User is offline   SithAvenger Icon

• Wow, my avatar changed.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Interests of a Normal Teenager:<br />-Movies<br />-Things that are awesome<br />-Girls<br />-(Good) Tv shows<br />-Doing evil stuff the good way<br />-Videogames<br />-Hangin' with my friends

Posted 11 June 2005 - 02:53 PM

At first I didn't mind the NOOOOOOO!!!!!

But after hearing it so many times, it hurts my ears. pinch.gif

And I also thought Luke's no was kind of comical.
Sorry, you won't be seeing a smartass sig here. Try with the next poster.

#53 User is offline   Veer Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 12 June 2005 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE (CowboyCurtis @ Jun 10 2005, 02:05 PM)
I know you're trying your best to get us to see Storm, I really do, but Vader doing that VADER doing that just seems so... out of character to me.  Yeah, I could see the two "Noooo's" as being somewhat cheesy, but Luke's "no" is within character. He would act, scream like that.

There is another famous movie character which screams NOOOOO! Granted that Marty from Back to the Future screams "NOOOOOOO! Bastards!" when Doc is shot; one must still admit that he dosn't stirke a pose. And one would hesitate to compare 21 something Luke and 17 something Marty with Darth Vader, Evil Lord of the Sith. ph34r.gif

#54 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 12 June 2005 - 09:15 AM

Well, we just got to hear Vader's cool respirator and first breath. Too bad once the coolness factor has been established, comes the clowning. If he'd have had his hissy fit First, then calmed down so we hear the breathing last that might have been more climactic.

For those who see nothing wrong with the line. smile.gif

--

I kind of hear that "Hellooooo" thing from that Seinfeld episode, myself. That and the Costington's clerk ("Yea-EssSSSSSS").

#55 User is offline   Trigormike Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Interests:Culling the vile plague that is Man from the planet to a more sustainable population.<br /> (NO ONE TOLD ME IT WAS FUCKIN' ILLEGAL!)

Posted 12 June 2005 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE (Veer @ Jun 12 2005, 10:06 AM)
There is another famous movie character which screams NOOOOO! Granted that Marty from Back to the Future screams "NOOOOOOO! Bastards!" when Doc is shot; one must still admit that he dosn't stirke a pose. And one would hesitate to compare 21 something Luke and 17 something Marty with Darth Vader, Evil Lord of the Sith.  ph34r.gif

In the Lion King when Simba sees Mufasa (voiced by JEJ) die, his son screams 'Nooooooooooooo!'
Maybe he always wanted to do that line.

#56 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2005 - 01:24 PM

I was watching Spiderman 2 the other night, and Dr.Octopus screams "Nooooooo!" in a pose when he wakes up in the hospital.

#57 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 12 June 2005 - 02:34 PM

That one was pretty bad. It's excusable though, cause of the awesomeness of the rest of the hospital scene.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#58 User is offline   Veer Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 12 June 2005 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (Storm @ Jun 12 2005, 11:24 AM)
I was watching Spiderman 2 the other night, and Dr.Octopus screams "Nooooooo!" in a pose when he wakes up in the hospital.

That was another bad scene....

#59 User is offline   Veer Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 12 June 2005 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (Trigormike @ Jun 12 2005, 09:32 AM)
In the Lion King when Simba sees Mufasa (voiced by JEJ) die, his son screams 'Nooooooooooooo!'
Maybe he always wanted to do that line.

thumbsup.gif
This is a cool game. Lets see how many other movies we can come up with...

Any "nooo"s in Indiana Jones?????

#60 User is offline   Giff Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2005 - 04:14 PM

Hamill can act? I'll say he is good at acting like a whiny, pathetic child, but that is it. If Mark Hamill was such a good actor, then why did his acting career seemingly cease after Star Wars?

It did?....hmmm, the IMDB seems to think otherwise, as seen here.

Storm, honestly, I know you are trying to convince us otherwise....but all of your arguments have major holes in them.

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size