Chefelf.com Night Life: 82 Reasons to Hate Star Wars: Episdoe III - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

82 Reasons to Hate Star Wars: Episdoe III Tentative assessment.

#46 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE (Darth Sane @ May 31 2005, 12:53 AM)
Hell, she came of as the same pampered, harvard-student, hyper-liberal, that natalie portman really is!

Eeesh whats wrong with natalie portman lol? Someone has an issue with her in real life...

This post has been edited by Renegade: 31 May 2005 - 04:50 AM

#47 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 31 May 2005 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Darth Sane @ May 31 2005, 12:53 AM)
hell, Anakin could even have used a light saber to cut out her uterus out (with the babies still inside)

Actually that was the intended Han Solo scene.

#48 User is offline   Giff Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:12 AM

Yeah, I really want to read the new article.

Its my only reason for living now.

#49 User is offline   Darth Sane Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (Giff @ Jun 2 2005, 09:12 PM)
Yeah, I really want to read the new article.

Its my only reason for living now.

dude seek help now! you have a lot to live for i don't care who you are! think positive, everything is going to be alright.

#50 User is offline   fatuglynerd69 Icon

• New Cop

Posted 03 June 2005 - 08:51 AM

Did anyone notice that dream/vision sequences were a blatant rip-off from the Knights of the Old Republic? I hope this gets mentioned dry.gif.

#51 User is offline   Commodore Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 03 June 2005 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (fatuglynerd69 @ Jun 3 2005, 07:51 AM)
Did anyone notice that dream/vision sequences were a blatant rip-off from the Knights of the Old Republic? I hope this gets mentioned  dry.gif.

You're right! The effects ever look similar!

Pretty sad when the games are more original than the movies...

#52 User is offline   jxw Icon

• New Cop

Posted 03 June 2005 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 31 2005, 12:47 AM)
I love couch critics such as yourself. Tell me then, since the prequels are such an embarrassment and Lucas has no talent or imagination at all (considering we wouldnt even be here having this discussion if that were the case), how would you have written the prequels?

Personally, I would have taken the quick and easy way, as Lucas did in 1980. I'd have given the script to a competent director and said, "get on with that". The competent director would have removed most of Jar-Jar from the script and moved the story along in an orderly way. What we got was a dull, overblown story full of irritating characters and bad acting. TPM was a good film very badly made.

AOTC would really have benefitted from a proper director. The story was so aimless and the action sequences so poorly conceived that the film is barely watchable. A competent director would have recognised that the script was unfilmable and demanded changes. These would not have occurred at hte editing stage, when Lucas realised that there was no connection between Anakin and Obi-wan, or Anakin and Palpatine.

Anakin's turn to the dark side in ROTS was totally unbelievable, but yet it needn't have been. Vader's conflict was well handled in ROTJ and it could have been done equally well here. There are many other faults with ROTS, but that is the centre of the story, and it fails. Somebody else should have had the chance to direct it.

I'm sure that in Lucas' mind, the films are great. he just isn't the man to put them onto DVD-ROM (or whatever it is that digital film goes onto). All three films could have been fantastic, or at the very least, better that ROTJ. As it is, they are not particularly good.

#53 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 03 June 2005 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (Darth Sane @ Jun 3 2005, 12:56 AM)
dude seek help now! you have a lot to live for i don't care who you are! think positive, everything is going to be alright.

Don't listen to him! He doesn't really care about you!
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#54 User is offline   Storm Shadow Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 04 June 2005 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (jxw @ Jun 3 2005, 04:37 PM)
Personally, I would have taken the quick and easy way, as Lucas did in 1980. I'd have given the script to a competent director and said, "get on with that". The competent director would have removed most of Jar-Jar from the script and moved the story along in an orderly way. What we got was a dull, overblown story full of irritating characters and bad acting. TPM was a good film very badly made.

its so easy to say what you should and would have done but the thing is you arent in Lucas' shoes and you haven't lived his life. Have you seen the Empire Of Dreams documentary? This guy went through hell to get the first movie made, then when TESB came out he had people going over budget and all types of other stuff going on that stressed him out to no end. Can you blame him for wanting to do things by himself this time around? Im not saying the prequels turned out perfectly, all I'm saying is that I understand why he decided to be Mr. Everything.

AOTC would really have benefitted from a proper director. The story was so aimless and the action sequences so poorly conceived that the film is barely watchable. A competent director would have recognised that the script was unfilmable and demanded changes. These would not have occurred at hte editing stage, when Lucas realised that there was no connection between Anakin and Obi-wan, or Anakin and Palpatine.

I agree with this one though. AOTC was just a complete mess. Edited to hell. And that damn Droid Factory video game level! Ugh.

Anakin's turn to the dark side in ROTS was totally unbelievable, but yet it needn't have been. Vader's conflict was well handled in ROTJ and it could have been done equally well here. There are many other faults with ROTS, but that is the centre of the story, and it fails. Somebody else should have had the chance to direct it.

Some people bought it and some people didnt. For all intents and purposes, Anakin's turn was understandable, just not executed competently. He didnt want to lose the woman he loved (I was with him all the way....when I was in love I would have done some super stupid shit for that girl, anybody who's ever been in love would most likely have done the same). He knew the Jedi Council didnt trust him, especially Mace. The only person who befriended him was Palps, so taking all that into consideration, why shouldnt he join the dark side and aid Palpatine when he tells him the Jedi were planning to take over, which may have been true after all. Mace tells Yoda in one scene that if Palpatine wont give up power, they will have to take control of the senate by force, and Yoda tells him that this could only lead them to a dark place. But like Palpatine said, people with power are only concerned with one thing; maintaining that power and I have no doubt Mace would have eventually fallen to the dark side.

but yeah....it's a believeable reason to fall, just not done properly.

#55 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 05 June 2005 - 11:12 AM

Update: It may be Wednesday before I have my first reasons up. Sorry. sad.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#56 User is offline   Storm Shadow Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 05 June 2005 - 02:36 PM

Can you give us a preview? I know you have something to say about the Droid voices in the beginning, come on man I really wanna read what you have to say about that! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#57 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 06 June 2005 - 11:42 AM

No preview necessary. The articles are up. See here for more details:

http://www.chefelf.c...?showtopic=3465

Closed.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked