Chefelf.com Night Life: 82 Reasons to Hate Star Wars: Episdoe III - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

82 Reasons to Hate Star Wars: Episdoe III Tentative assessment.

#16 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 25 May 2005 - 09:37 PM

And THAT
is what has made this forum so good for its entirety.

#17 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 26 May 2005 - 01:28 AM

82?

Maybe I might fill in the other side of the debate for the first time

Then again I might not.

#18 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:53 AM

I'm gonna go halfway, supporting some, bashing others. Depending if he put something that he hated and I like.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#19 User is offline   sniper968 Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:10 PM

[quote=Chefelf,May 26 2005, 02:23 AM]
Okay, the latest Vegas odds are showing that my list will consist of 82 reasons. I've removed quite a few and added yet others. I'm making no promises but I am going to work my hardest to get these reasons up on Lance & Eskimo (and Chefelf.com) by Monday, June 6.

Let me use the Force to guess...

. Poor Plot
The Jedi are supposed to be one of the most powerful and wisest people but act like total morons ie-
1.The Jedi are worried about Anakin and Palpatine and so put them together?
2. Wow, this clone army had just magically appeared. We don't know a thing about it but lets carry on using it and not take any precautions.

I understand that the Jedi are suppose to fall- but this makes them look like total morons who can't even cross the street without asking for directions.

Hamfisted lame direction
Really cringed when the characters did things sooo deliberately like a puppet show, ie. Obiwan says "I have to know about the truth" and looked thru the security footage- and duh its all conveniently laid out for him even the scene where Anakin bows down before the EMPEROR?? That never even happened IN the Temple!!!

Poor character development - Goody two shoes Anakin turns to the Dark Side because he has a few lousy dreams? It looks totally fake and false. Anakin fears for his wife's safety joins Palpatine who looks like evil incarnate. Then jaunts off to the Jedi Temple to murder all of the Jedi and the children- which he has sworn to protect for virtually all his life. Then he goes off to wack off the Seperatist leaders- whom he learns were being manipulated by Palpatine in the first bloody place. Is this the Darth Vader we know? He was all powerful in the SW, ESB - but now he's a total moron who will be hoodwinked by any stupid lie. Sooo now I DO EXPECT Lucas to revamp the scene in Star Wars (so-called ANH) where Vader is questioning the Alderaan officer and holding him up by the neck.

Vader: Where are the Death Star plans???!!
Choking Alderaan officer: We're on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan.
Vader: Oh really? I do apologize. Sorry for all the fuss. We'll go now.

And of course to top it all off- once Anakin learns that the love of his life is dead- why doesn't he chop off Palpatine's head? The only reason why he didn't kill Palpatine in the first place was because he wanted him alive to teach him how to save Padme.

Poor Script
Padme: I love you Anakin
Anakin I love you more
Padme: No I love you more etc..

(I'll mention this again - At the end of Episode 1, why didn't Amidale reward Anakin by saving their mother out of that hellhole and buying her way to freedom?)

Anyhow, thank god the saga is over. I feel a bit like the Fremen in Dune Messiah who swam in an Ocean planet full of water and realized that their leader was full of shit.

#20 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 26 May 2005 - 01:24 PM

Really cringed when the characters did things sooo deliberately like a puppet show, ie. Obiwan says "I have to know about the truth" and looked thru the security footage- and duh its all conveniently laid out for him even the scene where Anakin bows down before the EMPEROR?? That never even happened IN the Temple!!!

Yeah, and add to this what was the point of asking Anakin to spy when they could just use the security devices. HOY!
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#21 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 26 May 2005 - 02:07 PM

I know. That was stupid.

But I really did like how Anikin killed the young Jedi. He extended no effort at all, easily blocking thier blows and delivering his own, while never running, jumping, or even breaking a sweat.

Edit: And if you didn't have this one, Chef, you can use it.
Why the fuck did Palpatine take out three master Jedi with no effort at all? I think that there would have been a short, unsuccessfull battle, but all there is is Palpy doing more flips than a chinese acrobat and skewering Jedi like nobody's business.

This post has been edited by floppydisk: 26 May 2005 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#22 User is offline   Storm Shadow Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 26 May 2005 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (CowboyCurtis @ May 26 2005, 01:24 PM)

Yeah, and add to this what was the point of asking Anakin to spy when they could just use the security devices.  HOY!

did anybody pay attention to the dialouge in this damn scene?

Palps: "You have done well Lord Vader...now go to Mustafar and finish off the Seperatists"

Vader: Yes Master"

the video footage DOES take place in the temple, AFTER Anakin destroys all the Jedi. Apparantley Palpatine came by the temple to make sure everyone was wiped out, then issued the order to Anakin while he was there. I seriously hope nobody here thought the Anakin turn scene was video taped for the Jedi. wtf!

#23 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:08 PM

Why didn't Anakin take out cameras - we've seen from Star Wars how eager everyone is to put cameras out of commission.

#24 User is offline   Storm Shadow Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:45 PM

biggrin.gif jeeez forget it. I see now even the most minute microscopic detail will be scrutinized to death. Carry on.

#25 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:24 AM

It's just lame, if not convenient to have security cameras provide the last missing piece. Why would jedi need a surveillance system anyway?

I doubt Yoda even had a computer.

#26 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2005 - 01:02 AM

Yoda, Obi-Wan, none of them had computers in OT. In fact, part of the whole "elegant weapon, civilised age" thing seemed to me that the Jedi didn't like machinery and mechanisation.
(For further reference: "I can't seem to recall ever having owned a droid." But what of R4, your personal astromech, or R2 who was Anakins, and whom you know well, in fact, you gave them into Captain Antilles's care.)
So I wouldn't give them computers.

#27 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:12 PM

I hope you remember to include Yoda telling Obi that Qui-gon found a way to keep living after he was dead. Or whatever he said. It was the force ghost thing, right?

This post has been edited by floppydisk: 27 May 2005 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#28 User is offline   Ferris Wiel Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 27 May 2005 - 04:00 PM

did anybody pay attention to the dialouge in this damn scene?

Palps: "You have done well Lord Vader...now go to Mustafar and finish off the Seperatists"

Vader: Yes Master"

If you pay even closer attention to the dialogue it is:

Emperor: Exposition exposition based on what you've just done. Exposition exposition of what you have become. Exposition exposition of what you're going to do next.

Vaderkins: Yes, Master. I will fulfill your exposition with haste.

Emperor: So be it.

--FW

#29 User is offline   Storm Shadow Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 27 May 2005 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (Ferris Wiel @ May 27 2005, 04:00 PM)
If you pay even closer attention to the dialogue it is:

Emperor:  Exposition exposition based on what you've just done.  Exposition exposition of what you have become.  Exposition exposition of what you're going to do next.

Vaderkins:  Yes, Master.  I will fulfill your exposition with haste.

Emperor:  So be it.

--FW

is it really that serious? Damn.

#30 User is offline   Darth Dick Icon

• New Cop

Posted 28 May 2005 - 08:35 AM

What I though was great was that Obi Wan turns off the security projection, stating he can't watch anymore. No more than two minutes later, Obi Wan says to Yoda that he has no idea where Palpy has sent Anakin. WATCH THE FU##ING TAPE, YOU MORON!!!

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked