Chefelf.com Night Life: Why does GL need to cast his kids? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

Why does GL need to cast his kids?

#1 User is offline   Darth Dick Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 28 May 2005 - 03:43 PM

On the second veiwing of ROTS, something caught my eye. No, it did not just catch my eye, but was paraded in front of me so blatently, I cannot see how I missed it the first time.
In Padme's funeral, there is a scene where this girl's face, her fat blue face, it just drags the shot down, it is so distracting.... And then it dawned on me. It is the face of Katie Lucas, daughter of GL, if the name was not big of a hint. Yes, yet again, Lucas has casted his kid in a SW movie. Thank Jesus it was not a speaking role, but it is sooo much worse than a walk-by. Oh, and that spunky padawan who kicks some ass before getting shot? Guess who? Jett Lucas!!!! And don't that beat all!! Amanda Lucas played Terr Taneel!!!
GL never ceases to add to my continuing disappointment. Its not enough these kids get a fucking pony every Christmas, they have to desecrate these epic films, too? It is too late for me to tell GL to stop spoiling his kids and focus more on these movies. I should have learned by the N'SYNC scare of 2002.

#2 User is offline   Storm Shadow Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 28 May 2005 - 04:36 PM

you're complaining about him putting his kids in the movie? You're kidding right?

#3 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 28 May 2005 - 04:52 PM

His daughter was mugging for the camera in AOTC.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#4 User is offline   ernesttomlinson Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2005 - 08:48 PM

Annoying, perhaps - I didn't notice it - but hardly on a par with Sofia Coppola's dragging down Godfather III.

#5 User is offline   Darth Dick Icon

• New Cop

Posted 29 May 2005 - 07:13 AM

Watch for this scene, you will see why I am upset. I know this is nothing new, directors or producers, castmembers putting family in thier movies. Go ahead, put your kids in the movie, just don't have them stare slightly off camera for the longest ten seconds you can imagine.
ps. god help me, but his kids are just not attractive, get some character actors for christ's sake.

#6 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 29 May 2005 - 07:35 AM

His daughter was mugging for the camera in AOTC.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious it's her, and she does a look at the camera that seems to say, "is it rolling, daddy?"

This post has been edited by CowboyCurtis: 29 May 2005 - 07:36 AM

Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#7 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:31 PM

he pretty much these films FOR his kids... not us, the loyal fans...
so this doesn't really shock me at all...

i've been going on a fair bit about that kid on the landing who goes off...
i've been saying: "that kid must be totally chuffed, he got into a sw film, and they gave him a kick as little stint."

nice to see he gave it too the kid who was already saying 'my dad made those'

life is wonderfull for the overprivilaged.

#8 User is offline   SPQR Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:To expand the realm, bring order to the fringes, and to hunt down and destroy the pretenders of the triumverate.

Posted 30 May 2005 - 11:47 AM

Why?, why? need? he doesn't need anything, it's only...

Because he can, can, can, canananananananananannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
An nescis quantilla sapientia mundus regatur

#9 User is offline   Private Zod Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 30 May 2005 - 05:49 PM

Well, since he puts up the $100MM for the films to be made, I have no probs with a 10 second non speaking background role for his kid

#10 User is offline   SPQR Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:To expand the realm, bring order to the fringes, and to hunt down and destroy the pretenders of the triumverate.

Posted 30 May 2005 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (Private Zod @ May 30 2005, 11:49 PM)
Well, since he puts up the $100MM for the films to be made, I have no probs with a 10 second non speaking background role for his kid

Exactly, and many here would do the same! He is the god of the imperfect Star Wars world, and everyone seems to forget this.
An nescis quantilla sapientia mundus regatur

#11 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 30 May 2005 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (ernesttomlinson @ May 28 2005, 08:48 PM)
Annoying, perhaps - I didn't notice it - but hardly on a par with Sofia Coppola's dragging down Godfather III.

I replied to this yesterday ... I must not have submitted it ...

Well, what I said was the original casting for GODFATHER III was Winona Ryder, who backed out at the last minute. Literally; she was at the airport, in Italy, and she felt sick and anxious, so she backed out. Sophia took a real risk to help her father out. Say what you like about her acting, but that role wasn't enough to hurt or help the film. GODFATHER III would have sucked just fine on its own without Sophia Coppola.

This business with George and his kids is no big deal. Cameos are par for the course. Terry Gilliam gave his own daughter a speaking role in BRAZIL, IMO the finest American film of the 1980s.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#12 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 30 May 2005 - 08:06 PM

really? where...

(curious not arguing)

i don't have a serious problem with lucas' kids being in the film...
or him for that matter...

it's just that there were so many other things he could have ripped off peter jackson that would have inhanced these films but he chose that...

live and learn...

or don't...

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size