Chefelf.com Night Life: Spanking - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Spanking Not in the naughty way

#1 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:56 PM

Spanking: the act of paddling a childs bum for misbehaving.

Recently this topic has been put in the spotlight here in the forum. I was just wondering about what your thoughts are about this delecate subject.
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#2 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:03 PM

Well, I was spanked as a kid, so I say it makes you like me, and you don't want that.

Keep VD as far away from here as possible.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#3 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:19 PM

there are alot of people who were not spanked but grew up fine...

but every one i know who is an insufferable prat wanker prick who thinks they can get away with everything, was never spanked...

they do not fear punishment because they are stupid.

when you meat people like this you should hit them so they can catch up...

i see kids misbehaving in publlic alot and the parent just seems hoplessly incabable of disciplining these little hellspawned gremlins.

it's not something thet should remain on the schedule, but for that periode where long lecture on the perilous nature of public nuscence may be a little over the level of understanding, a spanking will clear that shit right up!!!

but saying that... you can't use it as a threat forever...
it is responsible to slowly take your child through motivation levels to do good. starting at fear of punishment, and working up to respect for other people.

but it's definatley a part of a succesfull program.

seriously, tell me you can't see the degredation of behaviour in youth over the decases as spanking has been slowly phased out...

in the 1950s.... EVERYONE spanked their kids, and how many highschool shootings did you havve then?

This post has been edited by barend: 23 May 2005 - 09:21 PM

#4 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (barend @ May 23 2005, 09:19 PM)
when you meat people like this you should hit them so they can catch up...
but it's definatley a part of a succesfull program.

tongue.gif
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#5 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:40 PM

Be nice.

Barend: True, if you don't spank for the future of your child, atleast spank for the sanity of all those in the vicinaty.
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#6 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:38 AM

I think it's a combination of parenting techniques and the child. Some things work better on some people than others. I wasn't spanked, and I like to think I'm not a total prick. I've known pricks that have remained pricks despite being spanked too. It's not a win all the time thing,
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#7 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:31 AM

Ha ha ha. Don't even start this topis with someone who:
- did five semesters of methodology in teaching, including classroom management
- suffered 150 agonising hour of teaching practice
- did two semesters of children developmental psychology
- was never smacked at school by a teacher
- but heard horror stories of beaing beaten up by teachers from significant others.

Fact - if you beat toddlers, it's counterproductive, because at the age of two or three, you have yet to develop a notion that your actions bring consequence. If a parent beats a child who misbehaves at that age, children do not perceive it as a punishment, they have not yet developed this notion. So it does not achieve its goal, it just creates frustration, because they don't know why they are being beaten.

Another fact - beating your child at later stage is just venting YOUR frustration. People often take out on their children their own inability to communicate. To this day I'll remember when my mother beat me up quite hard for being late and I got more than I deserved, becuase I did not cry, and it made my mother angry even more.

Beating your child is teaching him that violence is ok.

And please remember that an eye for an eye only leads to blindness.

#8 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:38 AM

There is a difference between 'beating'... striking to cause pain or damage, and spanking. Spanking, which isn't exactly the great damager of butts, to simply more to warn, to waken or to empasise a point and is not made with the intent or strength to do genuine harm to a child.
People who fully beat children should be hunted down and killed on the rainy dawn. They rate quite high on my 'population streamlining' list.

#9 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:46 AM

So, if "spanking" is not to cause pain, why "spank" at all? Warning? As I told you for small children it does not work at all. And older children if it does not hurt, how does it affect you then? Probably,if you do it in front of others, it might humiliate you. So what is the point at all?

And the difference between smacking and beating is not that well defined. How do you know if you don't strike too hard?

#10 User is offline   Voodoo Dog Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Location:The Republic of Ireland AKA The Irish Free State The Emerald Isle Hibernia Eire Erin Eireann That Fucking Boghole

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:06 AM

Don't worry, I'm not going to make any tasteless remarks on this thread. We're talking about children here. I may be a twat but I'm not fucking sick.

Should a child be spanked for misbehaving? This may suprise a lot of you but my opinion is no. We are still painfully aware of the legacy of such a mentality in my country. Many childrens lives in Ireland were destroyed by brutal treatment in church run orphanages and other similar institutions. Not just by the cowardly sexual abuse, but by threats, beatings and humiliation served up by "gods representatives on earth" as well as traditional predictions of an eternity in hell. A lot of this has been exposed now, but we only know the stories of those who were brave enough to come forward. How many people have spent a life in misery because they can't bring themselves to speak of such things? How many people have had a nervous breakdown or commited suicide?

I realise there is a need for discipline, but I think it is barbaric to deal out physical pain as a punishment. Yes, to most parents corporal punisment means a few light slaps, but we must never forget there are certain people in the world who will translate it as "beat the living shit out of the little bastards and rape them when they've lost too much blood to fight back". However, I am aware that you can take my side of the argument too far as well. A lot of people have fallen victim to PC law. I've heard of one woman who had her child taken into care because she couldn't prove marks on his arms were caused by falling over in the playground. Dammit, I don't know what to think sometimes.

#11 User is offline   mrtimp Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 24 May 2005 - 08:16 AM

Spanking is silly, the many times I have witnessed a Parent give one to their Child on the backside only resulted in that Child being more annoying and more defiant thus causing embarassment to the Parent for seemingly failing to repremand their kid properly.

#12 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 24 May 2005 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (Madam Corvax @ May 24 2005, 03:46 AM)
So, if "spanking" is not to cause pain, why "spank" at all? Warning? As I told you for small children it does not work at all. And older children if it does not hurt, how does it affect you then? Probably,if you do it in front of others, it might humiliate you. So what is the point at all?

And the difference between smacking and beating is not that well defined. How do you know if you don't strike too hard?

spanking is all in the hand. not the arm... no strength goes into it at all...
it stings, but causes no damage... it's a slap to a soft area... it doesn't even cause bruising...

(and as an added bonus the more you do it, the less flabby that ass will grow up to be, your child will thankyou tongue.gif)

#13 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2005 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (barend @ May 24 2005, 06:46 PM)
(and as an added bonus the more you do it, the less flabby that ass will grow up to be, your child will thankyou tongue.gif)

It's the Mother's Day tomorrow in Poland and I am going to see my parents, but no way is she getting a present this year. How could she have done it to me! yell.gif If only she knew that smacking is beneficial...

#14 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 25 May 2005 - 07:06 PM

i'm sure your husband will gladly volounteer to make up the lost years of spanking...

devil.gif

#15 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:45 PM

Heh, Eris, not more of that... biggrin.gif
This space for rent. Inquire within.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply