Chefelf.com Night Life: why is yoda such a pussy? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (4 Pages)
  • +

why is yoda such a pussy? why did he turn tail and run?

#31 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:18 AM

i dunno too lazy to argue about this in forums. More importantly, who cares :X.. Theres all kinds of stupid shit like this in sw. Like in ANH why didn't obi wan atleast ATTEMPT to kill Vader ? Makes no sense.

#32 User is offline   Veer Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (Renegade @ May 24 2005, 12:18 AM)
i dunno too lazy to argue about this in forums. More importantly, who cares :X.. Theres all kinds of stupid shit like this in sw. Like in ANH why didn't obi wan atleast ATTEMPT to kill Vader ? Makes no sense.

Ummm... they had a duel remember? Obi-wan wasn't playing all defensive.

#33 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:36 AM

ya but then he just surrenders for no reason, if he kept fighting luke would of still gotten away and hed of possibly knocked off vader before dying himself.

#34 User is offline   Lord Melkor Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2005 - 04:39 AM

Yoda knew he couldn`t win. And Stormtroopers arrived later, Yoda had no chance!

#35 User is offline   Richard Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Veganism, body-building, wrestling, videogames - mainly Tekken, drumming, playing guitar, reading, drawing, Buffy, Angel, AND ETC

Posted 24 May 2005 - 09:43 AM

Regarding the other Jedi who just get whacked during 66; they really did suck. I think that Lucas should have made it so that they at least put up a BIT of a fight. Okay maybe the guys who go after Sidious, yes maybe they should have been anihilated, just to underline how hard Sidious is, I can accept this. But the other ones who get killed by freaking clones, they just look inept and I kind of wondered what was so good about them if all it takes is a few blasts from a gun. I wanted to see them battle, knock back the first wave of clones, and then have loads and loads of clones come in and really dominate them. Okay maybe have one of the Jedi get shot point-blank to the back of the head, so there really is no way they could survive. But in the other scenes, the Jedis get no credit, they just get bum-sacked. I just made that word up.

#36 User is offline   Just another wretched fan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2005 - 11:26 AM

how come yoda is the only jedi who is quick enough to take out his assassins? I think reflexes and force-awareness should be prereqs for a masters degree in jedi.

All you people saying Yoda ran because clones were coming...wtf? Yoda isn't afraid of clones. I hate it when how tough mindless henchmen are becomes relative to the plot.

#37 User is offline   Richard Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Veganism, body-building, wrestling, videogames - mainly Tekken, drumming, playing guitar, reading, drawing, Buffy, Angel, AND ETC

Posted 24 May 2005 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (Just another wretched fan @ May 24 2005, 04:26 PM)
how come yoda is the only jedi who is quick enough to take out his assassins? I think reflexes and force-awareness should be prereqs for a masters degree in jedi.

All you people saying Yoda ran because clones were coming...wtf? Yoda isn't afraid of clones. I hate it when how tough mindless henchmen are becomes relative to the plot.

Yea you are right. The storm trooper army are in the originals and they don't really cause a direct threat to Luke. But then again, there is also the rebels, so the entire storm trooper army isn't aimed at Luke on his own. The clone army at the time in ROTS is aimed specifically at Obi Wan and Yoda. Theoretically, there could be like 50,000 clones all attacking Yoda at once if they wanted. I really don't think Yoda could do anything about that, but maybe he could.

#38 User is offline   Michel Orla Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Many, many things....some which wouldn't be suitable for a forum of this kind ;)

Posted 24 May 2005 - 11:56 AM

Yoda should NOT have been the only Jedi able to sense the clones betrayal. I always thought Vader hunted and killed most of the Jedi. As soon as Palpatine issued Order 66 the Jedi should've sensed something.

#39 User is offline   Just another wretched fan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2005 - 12:40 PM

Clone wars shows mace windu taking on an entire droid army alone on a planet. Come on, a jedi master should be able to take out two clone assassins

#40 User is offline   Sauron Icon

• New Cop

Posted 24 May 2005 - 09:49 PM

I can't believe no one in 30+ posts said this...

Yoda dropped his light saber!

I know it seems kind of simple but think about it, his lightsaber falls and Sidious is shooting lightning at him from 3 feet away. He is able to block it sort of but then the impact of them both using that much force power knocks them both apart...(I know that is reading a bit into it, but then again YOU EXPLAIN IT)...anyway, so they are both knocked back. Sidious is able to hang on, but Yoda falls several levels down and takes what looks like a bitch of a fall.

I don't believe for a second Yoda ran because he thought Clonetroops were coming, do you really think Sidious would call for that kind of help? To get all force-mumbo jumbo for a second, the only way to beat that type of power would be with MORE power, and as we know the Dark side is all about that. Therefore, Yoda would have to dig into the dark side to defeat him which we know he wouldn't do.....

This post has been edited by Sauron: 24 May 2005 - 09:50 PM

#41 User is offline   Devout Catalyst Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 24 May 2005 - 10:09 PM

Yoda dropped his light saber!

This calls to mind yet another nitpick I have about the SW franchise in general, and ROTS especially.

WHY ARE PEOPLE CONSTANTLY DROPPING THEIR WEAPONS?!

The old "hand getting chopped off" routine has been done to death in the prequels. (It was old even in the OT when Vader got his robotic hand chopped off by Luke in ROTJ.) Played out, but it's certainly a fair explanation as to why a character would lose their weapon as well.

But those aside, was there a single duel in all of the prequels in which one or all of the participants did not at some point have their lightsaber, blaster, or what-have-you, knocked away? I mean, every last melee, there's a close-up of one of the combatant's misplaced weapon just out of reach!

Talk about an overused plot contrivance!

You would think that the same Force that allows characters to move massive objects, to spin wildly like tops, etc., would allow them to maintain a firm grasp on their weapons. Far better and more practical to have that power than some show-offy backflip move!

This post has been edited by Devout Catalyst: 24 May 2005 - 10:21 PM

#42 User is offline   Sauron Icon

• New Cop

Posted 25 May 2005 - 02:45 AM

His light saber is more BLASTED out of his grasp by force lightning less than 5 feet away!

He didn't really 'drop' it...kind of a 'forced fumble'

#43 User is offline   Darth Sane Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE (Richard @ May 23 2005, 03:31 PM)
I don't think what I said was necessarily right, but why is it definitely wrong?  Are you saying that Yoda had other options available which wouldn't involve him being turned into mulch by the clone army?  Or do you mean that Yoda really should have killed Sidius, and it's only because Sidious was in later films that he was not defeated by Yoda?  That is fair enough.  Do you think Yoda should not have fought Sidious at all?  I think that fight was pretty pointless.

Richard...I've gotten to know SPQR in this forum and he is very intellegent and observant. He is right in this matter, there are no normative interpretations, there can only be "absolutes" wink.gif The simple FACT that Yoda, the grand jedi master of all the republic (pretty much) does not willingly and honorable SACRIFICE himself to destroy evil nor even ATTEMPT to sacrifice himself to destroy an evil which would consume the whole GALAXY, definately makes him a relative coward for such a high and mighty position. Hell, if a regular old samurai warrior from japan's edo period where in yodas place, no force powers, no ability, he would sacrifice himself. The fact that yoda does not, nor attempts to, makes him a shallow and worthless character, almost as shallow as his CGI animation. He is completely degenarated in these scenes from once a mighty and heroic legend of the glalexy... to simply a frail old green bastard who happens to have great force "powers." ...... "Powers" can be no substitute for the powers of true and pure "character."

#44 User is offline   Darth Sane Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:50 AM

And why doesn't he die? because he couldn't. SPQR is absolutely right. Its called "filling in the holes" and "connecting the dots" script writing. And in the end... such writing leaves us with an absurd and pitiful situation.

This post has been edited by Darth Sane: 28 June 2005 - 02:51 AM

#45 User is offline   yourUsername Icon

• New Cop

Posted 29 June 2005 - 12:10 PM

Yoda went into exile until "A new hope" could arrive. He said as much. (Which was way cool because IV is called "A New Hope"!!! OMFG, how cool is that!!!1! thumbsup.gif rolleyes.gif )

Anyway, I think he left because he somehow knew that the Emporer was not going to be defeated at that point. Something about the Force or something. It just had to happen that way, and he knew it. But I was also confused as to why he ran because GL didn't put neon lights around it and set off flares. Being spoon-fed has made us all stupid!

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size