Chefelf.com Night Life: why is yoda such a pussy? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (4 Pages)
  • +

why is yoda such a pussy? why did he turn tail and run?

#16 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (Veer @ May 23 2005, 08:21 PM)
Yoda could have had Obi-wan help him against Palpatine. I mean was really no reason to fight each of the bad guys seperately.

It would be more difficult for two people to sneak into the Senate Chamber. Not only that, Obi-Wan probably would have been more distracting to the fight than anything because Yoda would have to save his ass constantly, just like he had to do in AOTC from Count Dooku.

Also recall earlier how quickly the three Jedi who accompanied Mace Windu to arrest Palpatine got slaughtered. Obi-Wan would have provided no benefit to confronting Palpatine.

#17 User is offline   Veer Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (Storm @ May 23 2005, 07:37 PM)
It would be more difficult for two people to sneak into the Senate Chamber.  Not only that, Obi-Wan probably would have been more distracting to the fight than anything because Yoda would have to save his ass constantly, just like he had to do in AOTC from Count Dooku.

Also recall earlier how quickly the three Jedi who accompanied Mace Windu to arrest Palpatine got slaughtered.  Obi-Wan would have provided no benefit to confronting Palpatine.

LOL!

#18 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:43 PM

You guys = whiny. It's so easy to realize this part of the movie (many flaws but this isn't one of them)

1) Obi Wan = death in miliseconds to Palpatine, useless to go with him. Plus time is of the essense, need someone to follow Padme to get to Vader.

2) Yoda's fall wasn't exactly a one story trip. There were already clone troopers on there way, and theres no way he could of gotten back to Palp to of killed him in time.

3) He runs/goes in exile, not because he's scared, but because he has no choice. If he sticks around he's dead. He chooses to go into exile to fight another day/possibly train another jedi.

#19 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:54 PM

It didn't bother me that much either. Knowing he'll hide away and wait for Luke, it's all justified. Live to fight another day.

Kind of kills another ESB surprise, existence does his create.

#20 User is offline   Veer Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 23 May 2005 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (Renegade @ May 23 2005, 08:43 PM)
1) Obi Wan = death in miliseconds to Palpatine, useless to go with him. Plus time is of the essense, need someone to follow Padme to get to Vader.

I fail to see wht Obi-wan would have died in miliseconds. He seems to be one of the best Jedi throughout the Saga.

#21 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2005 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (Veer @ May 23 2005, 11:49 PM)
I fail to see wht Obi-wan would have died in miliseconds.  He seems to be one of the best Jedi throughout the Saga.

Well considering Palpatine killed off 3 jedi council members in a mere 5-10 seconds... plus he had to get to anakin before it was too late nehow. I think Yoda also assumed he could take out the emperor cause hes a cocky bastard.

#22 User is offline   Veer Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 24 May 2005 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (Renegade @ May 23 2005, 10:03 PM)
Well considering Palpatine killed off 3 jedi council members in a mere 5-10 seconds...

urmmm.... three nameless good for nothing council members sure. No evidence that Obi-wan would have gone the same way. Besides it seems common sense - 2 Jedis are better than 1.

plus he had to get to anakin before it was too late nehow

Too late for what? Anakin (by now Vader) was busy killing the sepratists, and generally out of the way. A perfect time to take on Palps if there ever was one.

"I think Yoda also assumed he could take out the emperor cause hes a cocky bastard.

Ahh, yes. I forgot about the "Jedi in the PT are stupid" arguement. That's all the explenation I need. Thanks! thumbsup.gif

#23 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2005 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (Veer @ May 23 2005, 11:49 PM)
I fail to see wht Obi-wan would have died in miliseconds.  He seems to be one of the best Jedi throughout the Saga.

What? He gets owned by Count Dooku.....twice!

#24 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2005 - 01:57 AM

Veer, Obi Wan had to get on Padme's ship to get to Anakin. If he went with Yoda, he couldn't of meet up with anakin. And ya, dooku bitch slapped obi wan twice with EASE.

#25 User is offline   Veer Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (Renegade @ May 23 2005, 11:57 PM)
Veer, Obi Wan had to get on Padme's ship to get to Anakin. If he went with Yoda, he couldn't of meet up with anakin. And ya, dooku bitch slapped obi wan twice with EASE.

I did watch the movie. smile.gif But it dosn't explain why Yoda and Obi-wan choose to go after the sith seperately instead of together.It's like it never occurred to them.

#26 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:04 AM

How could they? unless both went after anakin, in which case emperor would of been unstoppable then .

#27 User is offline   Veer Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE (Storm @ May 23 2005, 11:49 PM)
What?  He gets owned by Count Dooku.....twice!

LOL, and that's indicative of what? He does better than any other Jedi vs Dooku other than Yoda and Anakin. And we know he beats Anakin latter... so what's up with that?

#28 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE (Veer @ May 24 2005, 02:05 AM)
LOL, and that's indicative of what? He does better than any other Jedi vs Dooku other than Yoda and Anakin. And we know he beats Anakin latter... so what's up with that?

The point is if Emperor can own 3 councilmembers (however unnamed they may be) in 10 seconds, and obi wan lasted bout a minute vs dooku, i doubt hed be very effective vs emperor. But more importantly, the fact that someone had to get to anakin quickly overrides nething.

#29 User is offline   Veer Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE (Renegade @ May 24 2005, 12:04 AM)
How could they? unless both went after anakin, in which case emperor would of been unstoppable then .

How could they???? They were both on Coursant together. Yoda and Obi-wan didn't even know Anakin and Palps are in different places when they make the decision to go after them seperately.

Not to mention after Yoda gets beat (though really he and Plaps seem fairly equivalent) and Obi-wan destroys Anakin, why don't they both go after Palps? I'm not saying they would have won, but they should atleast have tried, or at least the idea should have struck them.

#30 User is offline   Veer Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE (Renegade @ May 24 2005, 12:08 AM)
The point is if Emperor can own 3 councilmembers (however unnamed they may be) in 10 seconds, and obi wan lasted bout a minute vs dooku, i doubt hed be very effective vs emperor. But more importantly, the fact that someone had to get to anakin quickly overrides nething.

Ya sure, and Palps gets beaten by Mace, singlehandedly, another council member. So?

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size