• (2 Pages)
  • +

Rejected A Fine Piece Of Animation

#16 User is offline   A Link to the Past Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 25 May 2005 - 05:15 PM

Well, I'm not saying piracy is wrong - I do it all the time. I'm not normally against piracy against a company like Square Enix, because I REALLY doubt they're being harmed. And I'm against the RIAA completely, because they throw around this idea of the musicians not getting money from the sales, when the studios get the vast majority of the profits. So, instead of getting maybe 1% of the profits, they get 0%, and while RIAA usually gets 99%, they get none. So, basically, they're pissing and moaning that they're not getting their profits.

#17 User is offline   srmoore Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Redcloud Collective

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:29 PM

I'm going to safely remove myself from the piracy discussion.. just because I've changed attitudes over the years. (Although still participate from time to time..)

Manly I'm on the side of indie artists, and videogame programers since many of my friends are in those categories.

But I will reiterate.. it is a freakin awsome video biggrin.gif

#18 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 26 May 2005 - 01:12 AM

Don't get me wrong, I still support the media. I buy records and CDs all the time. However, my lust for new music and my budget don't match up, hence my downloading habits. If it weren't for my insatiable thirst for music, I wouldn't download nearly as much as I do.

#19 User is offline   srmoore Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Redcloud Collective

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (Heccubus @ May 26 2005, 01:12 AM)
Don't get me wrong, I still support the media.  I buy records and CDs all the time.  However, my lust for new music and my budget don't match up, hence my downloading habits.  If it weren't for my insatiable thirst for music, I wouldn't download nearly as much as I do.

I can totaly relate to that.. If I used iTunes to buy music I'd go broke in a night.
I'm definatly down with the "Down with the RIAA" movement. Put the cash and the art back in the hands of artists, not marketers.

#20 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 27 May 2005 - 03:37 AM

I generally only pirate things that I wouldn't or couldn't buy. So things that I like, but not enough to pay for, or things that aren't on sale here.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size