Chefelf.com Night Life: Xbox 360 Preview - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Xbox 360 Preview Another one? Already?!?

#1 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 13 May 2005 - 07:09 AM

http://www.supanet.c...0_revealed.html

Well, it looks like Microsoft have decided "Hell, make it look like a Playstation 2 with an Xbox logo on it"...
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#2 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 May 2005 - 08:16 AM

It looks like a computer.

...A really ugly computer. lol
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#3 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 13 May 2005 - 08:44 AM

Let's be fair here, sony have been trying to turn the PS2 into an xbox for the past 3 years via numerious addons.

It's got better lineage than the current PS2 (with that horrible 80's style girding, and pointless understep), Reminds me of those stripped down desktop systems you get in offices. Based on the size if the CD tray, it looks kinda dinky compared to the Xbox. I guess that's on one of the new style small controllers

(as opposed to the 'would happily fit into a medievil armoury' one)

I still say making the hard-drive optional is a dumb idea.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#4 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 13 May 2005 - 09:19 AM

Personally, I'm still mourning the passing of Sega as a hardware company, but that might just be me and my Sega-esque upbringing...
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#5 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 13 May 2005 - 10:59 AM

Ditto, I think the demise of sega as a hardware manufacturer probably marked the turning point away from the abyss of geekdom for myself.

<*sigh*>
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#6 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 13 May 2005 - 11:54 AM

Aye. My console use has dropped considerably over the past two years... Rest in peace, Sega Dreamcast. We miss you. And I maintain that the XBox has the worst controller design in the world. The only thing worse than the XBox controller is the old XBox controller, and the NES controller because my hands have grown considerably since 1990 and it seems small now (although I can still beat Mario 3 with over 70 lives.)
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#7 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 13 May 2005 - 04:18 PM

My god, it's ugly! And the controller looks ungodly uncomfortable. It should be black, end of story. I rather liked the PS2 design, though. At least it's not called the NeXtbox...
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#8 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2005 - 05:36 PM

AAHHHH!!
The PS3 is already set for release in 2006!

That means in less than a year my PS2 will be obsolete... sad.gif
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#9 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 17 May 2005 - 05:54 PM

PS2's are nearly obsolete now... they're a year older than Xbox and GC.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#10 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:42 PM

Ok this is WAY too early to be coming out with new consoles.

This is the rate that computers come out with new processors and such, thats fine because you could just take the old parts out and put new parts in, but with consoles you have to REPLACE them and the obsolete games that come with them. Assholes.
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#11 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2005 - 08:10 PM

That's why they pimp backwards compatability these days.

But how do the games become obsolete anyway? you still own the old console, os you can still play them. It's still better than forking out £100 a year on new pc parts.
IPB Image

#12 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2005 - 08:40 PM

That's very true, I don't have a problem with that. biggrin.gif I'm not gonna sell my PS2 or anything. wub.gif

But you get that feeling of being an owner of an obsolete console when other people are showing off their new hardware, that's potentially 1000x better than yours. Sure, you don't feel it with an Atari or any of those consoles, but...

Imagine that feeling you had when you had your PS1, then all of a sudden the PS2 comes out -- you feel kind of empty? Same with if you had an N64, then the Gamecube comes and blows you away (like what happened in my case back in 2001 (?) ). It's not a horrible, horrible feeling but, its still kind of bad.

I think this my my largest post.
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#13 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2005 - 08:52 PM

And without on LOL, are you feeling alright?

One might ask though; how LTTS, you ever got to 1400+ posts without going over 10 lines? Short and sweet evidently.

Pah, The only thing that really get's better is the graphics, and thes days they suck so much of the budget that the game design\length takes a back seat (CTP: Fable).

I'm going back to 2000 when everything was happy. biggrin.gif
IPB Image

#14 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:00 PM

Hey you're right. ohmy.gif I could edit it, but... I guess it can stand as my possible longest AND my probably only post without an LOL clearly visible. And yea, I don't know how I made it that high either. Time, I guess?

Back on topic, you're right, the only thing that does get better is the graphics. And possibly more buttons on the controller (which is also made all curvy to fit your hands better). Game quality hasn't declined one bit, they all have their winners and losers, but I did notice that design/length does take a hit from it all.

And the decrease in puzzle games lately? That hurts. sad.gif When are they coming out with a new Tetris? You don't see that posted anywhere. crying.gif

(lol)
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#15 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 18 May 2005 - 03:56 AM

I've never much liked puzzle games, and always hated tetris. I'm just so naturally bad at them. And they don't hold my attention long enough to get better. The one exemption to that was ICube, or somesuch. I was in Japan when the PS2 was released there, but not in Australia. Where I was housesitting had one, with three games. ICube, FFVIII and another RPG. Sadly, they were in Japanese, and playing an RPG in japanese just isn't going to happen. ICube, on the other hand, didn't require language. The tutorial could be understood by watching the screen, and the game was easy enough to pick up. As such, seeing as I had no other choice, that's what I played. Got fairly good at it too.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size