Star Wars Fan Convention

• (4 Pages)
  • +

I hate you all! Just saw ROTS

#31 User is offline   Richard Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Veganism, body-building, wrestling, videogames - mainly Tekken, drumming, playing guitar, reading, drawing, Buffy, Angel, AND ETC

Posted 23 May 2005 - 01:16 PM

They could make the story involve the killing of lots more people at the hands of Vader. For instance, someone would accidentally call him 'Lord Fader' which results in Vader staring at them for about 6 or 7 seconds, then choking them. Then someone could give him tea instead of coffee, resulting in the same. Then someone could knock on the toilet door while Vader is using it, and the guy gets choked without even seeing that it was Vader. Etc. So you see, a story line can be worked in there.

#32 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 May 2005 - 01:17 PM

""Ofcourse, the movie had several endings, so which one do you mean?""

The last 10 minutes of the movie. Starting at where Vader was put in his suit, to where Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen stand with Luke, watching the twin suns set.
SecretShadow (SuperShadow's main adversary)

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#33 User is offline   Lord Melkor Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2005 - 01:43 PM

But confrontation between suited, OT style Vader and Pulp fiction style Mace Windu could be quite interesting, don`t you think?!

#34 User is offline   Veer Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 23 May 2005 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (StarWarsIsUs @ May 23 2005, 11:17 AM)
The last 10 minutes of the movie. Starting at where Vader was put in his suit, to where Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen stand with Luke, watching the twin suns set.

Those are scenes, not 'an ending' - sort of like the Gray Havens scene in ROTK. They would have worked if ROTS was the first movie as well.

#35 User is offline   Coco Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2005 - 02:02 PM

My impression is that the last scene, as it is, is forced into the movie. I mean, this guy is bringing you a baby to raise and love and treat like your son, and you just stand looking at the sunset and don't go and greet the baby? What is Owen doing while Beru is receiving the baby, is he just waiting for the camera to get to him? The same effect could have been accomplished without showing Owen as such a prick. And this has nothing to do with Owen not liking Obi Wan, because, as far as we know up to that point of the story, the two of them have never met.

#36 User is offline   Richard Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Veganism, body-building, wrestling, videogames - mainly Tekken, drumming, playing guitar, reading, drawing, Buffy, Angel, AND ETC

Posted 23 May 2005 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (Coco @ May 23 2005, 07:02 PM)
My impression is that the last scene, as it is, is forced into the movie. I mean, this guy is bringing you a baby to raise and love and treat like your son, and you just stand looking at the sunset and don't go and greet the baby? What is Owen doing while Beru is receiving the baby, is he just waiting for the camera to get to him? The same effect could have been accomplished without showing Owen as such a prick. And this has nothing to do with Owen not liking Obi Wan, because, as far as we know up to that point of the story, the two of them have never met.

Maybe he doesn't like him because he knows he is Scottish but puts on an English accent. Maybe that's where the friction betwee them stems from. Or maybe he doesn't like beards.

#37 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2005 - 02:46 PM

Those are scenes, not 'an ending' - sort of like the Gray Havens scene in ROTK. They would have worked if ROTS was the first movie as well.

It is the ending. Ending of the PT. You can watch the PT and not the OT, and still have a great ending to all the matters that went on.
SecretShadow (SuperShadow's main adversary)

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#38 User is offline   Veer Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (StarWarsIsUs @ May 23 2005, 12:46 PM)
It is the ending. Ending of the PT. You can watch the PT and not the OT, and still have a great ending to all the matters that went on.

It's not an ending, it's a nothing scene. It's very pretty and all, nice music, but has absolutely no importance to the story of ROTS - it is only relavent to ANH. That's why it's there.

#39 User is offline   DragonLord Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Interests:Study: Engineering Physics, Buisness Administration and Economics<br />Interests: Kickboxing and chess<br />Favorite books: Catcher in the Rye, The book of five rings, Lord of the Rings, Art of War

Posted 24 May 2005 - 04:54 PM

Hi! Based on some of the positive and semi-positive reviews on the board, I decided to see ROTS in the theatre rather than wait for the DVD. It stunk, I wasted ten dollars, and I blame it all on you!!!!!

=) I actually had similar feelings. It seemed as though a lot of people who hate TPM and AOTC actually liked ROTS. A couple of friends pursuaded me to go with them and I gave in...

Anyway, at least it's done now, so no more StarWars. (Until Lucas releases Episode 7-24.....)

#40 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (Veer @ May 22 2005, 10:19 PM)
You especially!  angry.gif

Thank you. You're the one bitching about spending $10, then you blame it on us, then when I give you a solution about not being dissapointed by movies because they're not worth $10, you just say you hate me. Do the world a favor and jam a blunt fork into your eye.

QUOTE (Richard @ May 23 2005, 11:52 AM)
Ha, yes.  I could have enjoyed ROTS being the first movie, then another two movies just following Vader flipping out and choking people at the supermarket or whatever.
QUOTE (Richard @ May 23 2005, 01:16 PM)
They could make the story involve the killing of lots more people at the hands of Vader.  For instance, someone would accidentally call him 'Lord Fader' which results in Vader staring at them for about 6 or 7 seconds, then choking them.  Then someone could give him tea instead of coffee, resulting in the same.  Then someone could knock on the toilet door while Vader is using it, and the guy gets choked without even seeing that it was Vader.  Etc.  So you see, a story line can be worked in there.

Dude, you rock!
*high five*
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#41 User is offline   Richard Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (floppydisk @ May 24 2005, 10:28 PM)
Dude, you rock!
*high five*

HIGH FIVE cool.gif

#42 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 24 May 2005 - 06:02 PM

YES!!!!

*Pumps fist, Tiger-style*
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#43 User is offline   Dunedain Icon

• New Cop

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (Veer @ May 22 2005, 10:06 PM)
Hi! Based on some of the positive and semi-positive reviews on the board, I decided to see ROTS in the theatre rather than wait for the DVD.  It stunk, I wasted ten dollars, and I blame it all on you!!!!!

:)

Dude, whatever you're smoking, pass it over- because that movie rocked.

#44 User is offline   Veer Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (Dunedain @ May 25 2005, 06:39 PM)
Dude, whatever you're smoking, pass it over- because that movie rocked.

Now that you mention it, the movie might be better viewed through a medical marijuana-induced haze. Now where did I keep my prescription? Hmmmm…… thumbsup.gif

#45 User is offline   Veer Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (floppydisk @ May 24 2005, 03:28 PM)
Thank you. You're the one bitching about spending $10, then you blame it on us, then when I give you a solution about not being dissapointed by movies because they're not worth $10, you just say you hate me. Do the world a favor and jam a blunt fork into your eye.

My my my, touchy aren't we.

Btw, it's 'favour'.

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size