• Last »

How well does it connect? a question and an idea

#1 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 21 May 2005 - 01:40 PM

I feel that the prequels really dont seem to want to tie into the OT. Lucas was so busy trying to keep the focus on Anakin that he forgot that the movies have to lead in to the story of Luke. There seems to be entirely too much time between ROTS and ANH, and the stage isn't set at all.

Wouldn't it have been wiser to show ep 1 being about Obi and Anakin meeting during the clone wars, ep 2 being about Anakin's fall, and ep 3 being about the seeds of the rebellion and the hunting down of the remaining Jedi? I was thinking about this recently and it made a lot of sense. Consider Leiah's line "Many died to bring us this information."

That's a perfect story right there. We could even have Qui Gon remain in and play one of the Jedi who die to help get the death star plans to the rebels. This would have tied the series in a great deal more concretely and made the movies flow a lot better while still allowing the PT to focus largely on Vader. However, Leia could be examined more closely as well, and this would prove interesting.

Yet another missed opportunity by G. L.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#2 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 21 May 2005 - 01:53 PM

Of course it would have been better. When you first heard they were making prequels, what did you immediately think was going to be the final scene of Episode III? I thought it would be showing that "The Rebel Alliance has one its first victory over the evil Empire," thus leading directly into Episode IV. Episode I would be about Obi-Wan and Anakin, II and part of III would be his fall, and III would be him hunting the Jedi and the Rebellion being formed and, possibly, taking action. As it is, Episode III leads decently into Episode IV, but that would've been much better.

#3 User is offline   Lord Melkor Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2005 - 02:09 PM

You might be right..... or not!

The problem is that those movies have been made this way, and there is no turning back!

#4 User is offline   Just another wretched fan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2005 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (Lord Melkor @ May 21 2005, 02:09 PM)
You might be right..... or not!

The problem is that those movies have been made this way, and there is no turning back!

we can choose to ignore them and pretend the never existed.

#5 User is offline   Darth Pants Icon

• New Cop

Post icon  Posted 21 May 2005 - 02:54 PM

we can choose to ignore them and pretend the never existed.

This is exactly what I have done.

The SW series for me consists only of A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. As far as I'm concerned, Baron Crapanoida's other embarassments to the Star Wars saga (Jedi, Menace, Clones and Shit) do not exist. yell.gif

This post has been edited by Darth Pants: 21 May 2005 - 02:56 PM

#6 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2005 - 02:57 PM

It's really to like ESB and not ROTJ. I mean i'll understand liking ANH and not the others, but to just stop at ESB makes no sense since ESB was supposed to be complimented with ROTJ for sure. Furthermore, I don't know how you also don't like ROTJ... and furthermore even more so, why are you a sw fan when you liked 2 of 6 movies ...

#7 User is offline   Darth Pants Icon

• New Cop

Post icon  Posted 21 May 2005 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (Renegade @ May 21 2005, 02:57 PM)
It's really to like ESB and not ROTJ. I mean i'll understand liking ANH and not the others, but to just stop at ESB makes no sense since ESB was supposed to be complimented with ROTJ for sure. Furthermore, I don't know how you also don't like ROTJ... and furthermore even more so, why are you a sw fan when you liked 2 of 6 movies ...

Well, you are perfectly entitled to love whatever garbage Baron Crapanoida dishes out and others are perfectly entitled not to.

As for Jedi, I feel that Jedi was an extremely poor compliment to ESB. Not only does Lucas tie things up clumsily, he then worsened things by added the ewoks in the mix which considerably ups the crappy factor of that particular movie.

As for being a Star Wars fan? As far as I'm concerned, Star Wars is limited to only 2 movies, ANH and Empire - the other four flicks are nothing but bad memories. They just do not exist, as far as I'm concerned.

#8 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 21 May 2005 - 03:53 PM

It's like the sports team you follow for some reason. Just because they're in a slump, if you're a big fan you'll stick with your team. Even when they need to change players, coaches and owners.

And in doing so, you have as big a reason to bitch as any.

#9 User is offline   Renegade Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2005 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (Darth Pants @ May 21 2005, 03:05 PM)
Well, you are perfectly entitled to love whatever garbage Baron Crapanoida dishes out and others are perfectly entitled not to.

As for Jedi, I feel that Jedi was an extremely poor compliment to ESB. Not only does Lucas tie things up clumsily, he then worsened things by added the ewoks in the mix  which considerably ups the crappy factor of that particular movie.

As for being a Star Wars fan?  As far as I'm concerned, Star Wars is limited to only 2 movies, ANH and Empire - the other four flicks are nothing but bad memories. They just do not exist, as far as I'm concerned.

Whatever you say... this forum is like blatently anti everything related to star wars except ESB. Somehow you guys spend so much time around sw still though, so you guys truly have been suckered into liking a franchise that consisted of 1-2 movies tops that you actually enjoyed. Makes no sense.

#10 User is offline   Lord Melkor Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2005 - 04:41 PM

Renegade, we have a freedom of speech, don`t we!?

Just be happy that we enjoyed 6 movies, and they only two! tongue.gif

#11 User is offline   Just another wretched fan Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2005 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (Lord Melkor @ May 21 2005, 04:41 PM)
Renegade, we have a freedom of speech, don`t we!?

Just be happy that we enjoyed 6 movies, and they only two!  tongue.gif

then one day you'll wake up and realize that jar jar is annoying, the romance of AOTC does not live up to John William's theme "Across the Stars" and that Dark Vader said "nooooo."

#12 User is offline   SPQR Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:To expand the realm, bring order to the fringes, and to hunt down and destroy the pretenders of the triumverate.

Posted 21 May 2005 - 05:51 PM

You're wrong:

Darth Vader broke from his shackles like Frankenstein, squished Igor (I think I even saw lightning and rain) and yelled "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
An nescis quantilla sapientia mundus regatur

#13 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 21 May 2005 - 06:04 PM

Did people laugh in the threatre when he said "nooooooooooooooooooooo"?
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#14 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 21 May 2005 - 10:37 PM

I'm waiting for that moment to be parodied on the internet. I'd love to see it spliced with Howard Dean flipping out.

-Anakin rises from the table-

"YEAAAAAH! YEEEAAAAGGHHHHHH!"

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#15 User is offline   Veer Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 21 May 2005 - 10:58 PM

I always believed that the PT would be -

Episode I - Discovery/Training of Anakin, the Clone Wars

Episode II - Military take over of the republic, fall of Anakin to the dark side

Episode III - Defeat of the Jedi, death of Anakin’s wife, beginnings of the rebellion

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size