Han - Heroic Death Supports my version of ROTJ

#1 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 May 2005 - 01:41 PM

I found this on a website: http://www.moviemist...26/trivia/page2

Here is the statement:

Harrison Ford originally wanted Han Solo to have a heroic death, but George Lucas didn't agree.

This supports even more, my idea that Han Solo was originally not meant to survive the carbonite... in the thoughts of Harrison Ford.

In my version of the ROTJ (which is just a list of changes I would have made, along with a few pictures, and later on there will be dialogue), I have Han Solo die in the carbonite.
SecretShadow (SuperShadow's main adversary)

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#2 User is offline   Grand Moff Lebowski Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 20 May 2005 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (StarWarsIsUs @ May 20 2005, 10:41 AM)
I found this on a website: http://www.moviemist...26/trivia/page2

Here is the statement:
This supports even more, my idea that Han Solo was originally not meant to survive the carbonite... in the thoughts of Harrison Ford.

In my version of the ROTJ (which is just a list of changes I would have made, along with a few pictures, and later on there will be dialogue), I have Han Solo die in the carbonite.

How is dying in the carbonite a heroic death? He can't die like that.

#3 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2005 - 02:33 PM

Because, he took it like a man! That is heroic!

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#4 User is offline   Grand Moff Lebowski Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:53 PM

Ooooo.....K...?

Not quite the heroic death he deserves. But you go right ahead. I can only critique one flawed series at a time, nonetheles an imaginary one.

This post has been edited by lebowski: 20 May 2005 - 03:54 PM

#5 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:59 PM

To be honest, lebowski, that insult really didn't hurt.

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#6 User is offline   Grand Moff Lebowski Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 20 May 2005 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (StarWarsIsUs @ May 20 2005, 12:59 PM)
To be honest, lebowski, that insult really didn't hurt.

C'mon. I love ya. Let's not get too touchy.

I simply think Solo should go out like a hero. Dying in the Falcon on the death star assault or on endor to take the sheild down. Something that is impactful. The fact that he took it like a man, isn't necessarily heroic. Some might say it is the opposite. Think big and bold. Go out like a lion.

Although I don't like Star Wars novels much and never consider them, when I was young I read a Han Solo book, Lost Legacy or soemthing. And at one point, Solo couldn't stop the craft he was piloting in time to avert a crash. His line was, "When it doesn't count to slow down, put on all the speed you can," or something like that. I think that sums up Han pretty well.

#7 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2005 - 04:27 PM

C'mon. I love ya. Let's not get too touchy.

I simply think Solo should go out like a hero. Dying in the Falcon on the death star assault or on endor to take the sheild down. Something that is impactful. The fact that he took it like a man, isn't necessarily heroic. Some might say it is the opposite. Think big and bold. Go out like a lion.

Although I don't like Star Wars novels much and never consider them, when I was young I read a Han Solo book, Lost Legacy or soemthing. And at one point, Solo couldn't stop the craft he was piloting in time to avert a crash. His line was, "When it doesn't count to slow down, put on all the speed you can," or something like that. I think that sums up Han pretty well.

unsure.gif I could probably think of another way. Yeah. Because you know, my ROTJ version is always going to be under revisions, until I get the final draft. And then, maybe only then, I could write a script for it. Maybe in my next draft, I could drop the death by carbonite idea, and try the action-hero death. Like... Han putting up a good fight in the Falcon before it is blasted to bits... and he gets a good last line in. *nods*

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#8 User is offline   Bohrok Awakener Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 20 May 2005 - 05:12 PM

Han's heroic death? Hmm, like Mace's supposedly heroic death in Revenge of the Sith where he is thrown out of a window while being pounded by Force lightening?

I would have thought that he would have been up in the Falcon during the Battle of Endor. He may have destroyed the Death Star II's core, but not made it out of the station in time. He got destroyed.

I don't think dying in the carbonite is a heroic death... it's hard to stamp down a definition to the term, but generally, a heroic death is something where a character dies while doing something that could risk his own life, but it would do the best for the people. If you go by this definition, there have been a lot of heroic deaths in Star Wars. I agree that Han should have gone out like this, though.

#9 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2005 - 05:19 PM

Mace died a heroic death, because he was indeed fighting Palpatine, and standing up for the Jedi Order.

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size