• (3 Pages)
  • +

Saw it last night EPIII

#16 User is offline   Dark_Sith Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 10:37 PM

I would like to hear your reaons for hating the movie. Your reason's for hating the movie without any "proof" means nothing to me. I on the other hand, had a wonderful experienced watching the movie. I felt everything tied together during the last parts of the movie.

Please tell me your reasons, you saying this movie is shit, is nothing. All you mentioned was R2-D2, and that was it. More please.

#17 User is offline   Grand Moff Lebowski Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 19 May 2005 - 11:03 PM

I would be happy to go into detail. For one I am waiting to ensure everyone has seen it. Plus these things take time to write out thoroughly. And this is all CHEF'S job!!!

I'm just a lowly Henchman.

Without giving away any plot points here goes off the top o' me head:

Horrible dialogue. Awful. Laughable dialogue. Hayden and Nat should be banned from the Actor's guild for saying this stuff.

Motivation. The motivation to drive these characters to their end is weak and not thought out. We need believable, powerful motives for these actions. These are the events that drive the plot for an all time classic trilogy. It was weak.

Character's out of character:
Why does R2 posses these abilities? Each movie bring new abilities that suddenly vanish when the OT starts.

Yoda gives the WORST advice ever. We'll talk about this after everyone has seen it. Each time he does something in this film he loses a few notches of respect and mystery.

Count Dooku suddenly sucking? What about his entrance? Eee gadzzz.

Each time evil Palpatine speaks I am forced to ask myself, "Is this a joke"? Unfortunately it is not.

Why won't Obi Wan recall ever owning a droid? Wipe 3PO's mind, sure. Why the F doesn't Uncle Owen remember him?

Our "hero" being a complete dufus. (That was a reference to Annie)

Unnecessary eleements that don't drive the story. Example--the entire wookie battle. The opening battle. 45 CG shots of ships landing with nifty gears and opening doors with spinning things that were pre-approved by the engineers at Hasbro before a single frame was rendered.

The reason Padme dies. Gosh, ladies are sensative.

Please, I don't want to do this list prematurely. From the criteria I use to judge a good film, this one fails at each level.

Oh and some crappy CG too.

And some poor sound design in spots.

Did I mention the bad dialogue?

Oh, and dumb robots who talk like dumb people. I guess that is more bad dialogue. Want proof?

“You’re so beautiful.”
“That’s only because I’m so in love.”
“No, it’s because I’m so in love with you.”

I need to lie down.

This post has been edited by lebowski: 19 May 2005 - 11:07 PM

#18 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 19 May 2005 - 11:23 PM

i like the subtle way paly reels in anikan but then he (for once) shows a little insight and fights it... then when it comes time, he gives it up like a drunk prom queen.

without any real reason...

#19 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 19 May 2005 - 11:52 PM

I liked Dooku's entrance. I liked Grevious' voice. I liked a lot of things. I must have because I certainly laughed a lot.

TWICE there was a big goodbye scene where Threepio and His Creator parted ways- With no hint of concern on either part.

I went to the lobby once, during the Third Annie/Padme scene. Judging by the hustle of 10-20 others, it wasn't coincidental. (I missed papa Noid however.)

The Jar-Jar appearance was acceptable, as was much with this film.
But I'm in no hurry to see it again. Still, it's A LOT better than the last one.

#20 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2005 - 12:48 AM

I just wrote a huge reply and decided to erase it, because I realized there is no point of arguing. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, you didn't. Sucks to be you.

This post has been edited by Storm: 20 May 2005 - 12:51 AM

#21 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2005 - 12:53 AM

This is for Civilian #2.
Civ said that he'd watch the film only if the general consensus is that it is good.

Civ, if you are reading this, if you want to see a half-decent Star Wars film, watch AOTC.

I'd never thought that I was going to say that....

Here are several things that were not in AOTC and that is what makes AOTC so much beter film:

Buzz-droids? I mean buzz droids?

Was I asleep and dreaming at one point or did they actually mention midichlorians?

Baby-naming agonising sequence

The worst film villain (yes, worse than Dath Maul).

AND:

The dialogue was so fresh and revealing, that I felt the urgency to say "No shit, Sherlock" every other line.

People in the audience were actually laughing. I was only surprised it was so late in the film . They should've realised earlier that it was all so ridiculous.

#22 User is offline   Grand Moff Lebowski Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 20 May 2005 - 12:31 PM

Buzz-droids? I mean buzz droids?

Why couldn't Obi-Wan use the force to get rid of them? What does this say about the Jedi? Damn this movie is a shame. Anyone who blindly accepts it at face value is doing themselves a disservice. Hear me now, if you are riding the fanBoy wave of thinking it was a good film, you will be haunted by it when you realize it was shit. When the effects suddenly look like a crappy PS2 game and you wake to hear the dialogue ring false like a cotton filled bell. It may take months or years to realize it but it will happen. I only hope you have the ability to apologize afterwards.

Awwww, F- it!! Let's see Darth Vader cry one more time!!!

#23 User is offline   Grand Moff Lebowski Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 20 May 2005 - 12:32 PM

[quote=Madam Corvax,May 19 2005, 09:53 PM]
This is for Civilian #2.
Civ said that he'd watch the film only if the general consensus is that it is good.

Civ, if you are reading this, if you want to see a half-decent Star Wars film, watch AOTC.

*DISCLAIMER*
I really can't get behind this statement, though. Sorry.

#24 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2005 - 12:43 PM

Well, Corvax, its a shame you didnt like it. after I saw it, I really thought that this was one SW film we could all get round.

This post has been edited by jariten: 20 May 2005 - 12:43 PM

#25 User is offline   Sailor Abbey Icon

• Queen of the Harpies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Defending the forces of evil from the whiney forces of good; spreading awareness about violence and its ability to solve all problems - from the very smallest to the very stupid…est…; sticking up for the little guy, as long as the little guy shares my point of view or is willing to convert in exchange for some ‘sticking up for’; and of course, plotting world domination and putting and end to reality tv once and for all. <br /><br />Oh, and beautiful women.

Posted 20 May 2005 - 12:46 PM

I still don’t understand the Darth Maul hating – he was a better bad guy than Dukoo (is that how you spell it?) – and a better swordsman – sure he rode a motorcycle, but so did Count Dukoo.

P.S. AOTC was extra crappy. I don’t understand how anyone can stomach more than three minutes of that tripe. It’s not even fair to compare it to ROTS. Or Gigli for that matter.
yell.gif

#26 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2005 - 01:04 PM

It may take months or years to realize it but it will happen. I only hope you have the ability to apologize afterwards.

I love reading comments like this!! are you scared of something? i'm just trying to figure out the motivation. sleeping.gif

#27 User is offline   Grand Moff Lebowski Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 20 May 2005 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (jariten @ May 20 2005, 10:04 AM)
I love reading comments like this!! are you scared of something? i'm just trying to figure out the motivation.  sleeping.gif

Mostly a joke.

But once the euphoria wears off, we'll talk.

#28 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2005 - 02:56 PM

Dooku. That is how you spell it. D-o-o-k-u
SecretShadow (SuperShadow's main adversary)

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#29 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 21 May 2005 - 12:33 AM

Corvax, sounds like I'm not going to this one. Apparently your own reaction to it is so negative you're second-guessing AOTC, with Yoda the Sonic Hedgehog (I know you're kidding, kiddo). Amidala dying of greif is brutal, IMO. I would have preferred consumption, or perhaps she gave in to some real complications during birth ("We've tried everything. I will bleed her some more and hope that God is with us..."). Honestly; it's too much to bear.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#30 User is offline   Grand Moff Lebowski Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 21 May 2005 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (Storm @ May 19 2005, 09:48 PM)
I just wrote a huge reply and decided to erase it, because I realized there is no point of arguing.  I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, you didn't.  Sucks to be you.

Actually it doesn't.

Even if this movie were to be hailed as a classic someday (it is very hard to type this without spasm of laughter ruining each stroksdf sjl of the keys...ooops) it would not affect my status as to "sucking" or sans-suck. I suppose you are going to tell me I should like Titanic too? Please. The pain....the pain....

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size