• +

Just saw it... barends angle

#16 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 04:25 AM

Oh, a few parts I really, really liked.

1. How the camera moves from the opening text to zooming over a moving Star Destroyer/Republic Cruiser. It definitely set the mood right away.

2. One of the droids kicking over R2-D2.

3. Count Dooku picking Obi-Wan up in the air, choking him, and then slamming him against the wall. That was priceless.

4. Mace Windu getting his hand sliced off and then getting finished off by Palpatine with force lightning.

5. Yoda getting his ass zapped into the wall by Palpatine.

6. Yoda knocking the the Red Imperial Guards unconscious.

7. Obi-Wan dropping into the bay full of droids, and Grievous "attempting" to duel him. It was neat how Grievous held the lightsabers.

8. Seeing the Imperial Officers with the green hats!

9. Anakin and the clone army marching into the Jedi Temple.

This post has been edited by Storm: 19 May 2005 - 04:51 AM

#17 User is offline   Storm Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2005 - 05:11 AM

And to be fair, a few things I did not like.

1. Palpatine's overacting in the scene with Mace Windu.

2. R2-D2 using all his tool on Dooku's flagship to blow up droids, fly out of a junkpile, etc. By this made the one droid kicking him over so much more satisfying.

3. Count Dooku died too quick. I love that guy. His flip to start the dueling was hilarious.

4. I think it's fitting for Padme to die at birth, given Anakin's nightmares, but it is inconsistent with what is said in ROTJ.

5. Darth Vader's "Noooo!" was a little out of place, but understandable given he joined the Dark Side to save his wife...and she died anyways.

6. There were too many flips from Palpatine and Yoda.

7. The dueling on lava was a bit farfetched. They should have just stayed on solid ground. However, it was a very emotional duel.

8. Death Star construction didn't need to be shown. Just having the Emperor and Vader on a Star Destroyer bridge was cool enough.

9. I'll leave the rest to 95% of the people on this forum who decided to hate the movie before they saw it, and chose to nitpick rather than sit back and enjoy.

I will admit there are flaws, but the movie kept me entertained the entire time. There wasn't a single part that I wanted to go by faster. The reason I didn't like TPM or AOTC was because it just bored me. This was not the case for ROTS.

My initial rating would be 4/5 stars.

#18 User is offline   Lord Melkor Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 08:24 AM

I have just seen it!

And I must say one thing: this movie is greatest enjoyment i had for a long time in cinema!

Hayden was actually charismatic as Anakin, arrogant in a much more mature and cool way than in AOTC! My girlfriend said many young women would fall for him!

His scenes with Padme were a bit cheesy, but weren`t bad in the context of the movie! Their silent scene before the turn was very good, by the way!

Obi-wan felt like an epithome of the Jedi Knight, I liked his jokes and felt sorry for him at the end!

Palpatine: very good overall, though i found him a bit silly during Mace duel!

Grevious: Hey, he was cool, like all those two-dimensional villains from the films I watched as a child!

And I almost felt like I was a child again during some scenes!

My girlfiend wanted more Jar-Jar by the way!

#19 User is offline   BinarySunset Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 19 May 2005 - 08:28 AM

I saw it at midnight, and got all of 3 1/2 hours of sleep before having to get up for work. But I had to come to work because it's where I have computer access,

Anyhoo, there were things I liked about ROTS and there were things that really did "rot" IMO. That, in my book, makes it better than TPM. At least I liked some elements and can debate others.

The things I liked had more to do with "better acting" and scenes where my senses were not assaulted with too many SPFX. There were at least 2 times that I found myself on the edge of my seat, hoping George would not take the proverbial good bucket of milk and kick it over.

However, he did "kick it over" and there were things I disliked, which mostly had to do with details, details, details!

When I got in my car after leaving the theater, the first thing I did was yell out loud:

“With the way George has written this, the person on the boards was right when they said: evil will always triumph because good is dumb!”

Helena, you hit the nail on the head when you began that topic!

#20 User is offline   Malky Icon

• New Cop

Posted 19 May 2005 - 11:56 AM

Ok,

Just seen it and I have to say I thought it was a good film. There were a few niggly bits, however over all I quite enjoyed it.

But there is one thing that has just left me a wee bit annoyed.

Yoda V Palpatine, great fight, really enjoyed it. Felt yoda had the best of it, then he falls a reasonable long way and runs away. Fair enough he lost that battle, surely not the war?

No instead he gets on a ship and declares his intention to exile?!?!

I mean wtf, fair enough samurai offer their own lives if they fail. But i've never seen jedi do this and surely Yoda isn't gonna just give up?

Really he should roll his wee sleves up and get right back in there, but I guess he'd rather go sulk and leave the galaxy under the control of evil.

Have to agree that I felt the darth vader bit at the end "nooooooooooooooooo" was a bit cack.

But apart from that, film was great!

#21 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 19 May 2005 - 08:02 PM

spoilers here and there... highlight whole thing to read bit's hiding...
i thought a few bits were way too rushed...

mace and palpy was a bit quick, anikan and dokuu was too quick, and all senes between ani and padme was too long...

and eh... what about boba fett?

WHAT ABOUT BOBBA FETT?!?

WTF???

i was annoyed having him show up in ep2... and would have been with him in this... but the fact that he wasn't in this makes his last appearance even less worthwhile.

mace killed your dad... what are you going to do about it...
nothing... fair enough then.

there was pretty much no reason to go to kashyyyk other than for chewbacca to wave hi.

i love the fact that Jar Jars 'excuse me' was really soft and appologetic... like sorry for existing, i'm just here to give totall idiots a bit of joy.

i loved the kid on the landing who runs out and saves bail organa...

and i'm so releived that so many things i saw pictures of were not as horrible as i thought...

but i just can't beleive how many people didn't pick up the blatent "this is how you were born" bit...
he just came right out and said it...
why do people choose to be dumb...

i also loved the way the clones were quite friendly with obiwan... but didn't even flinch when asked to wipe out the jedi... cold and beautiful... i especially loved when that jedi girl on the flower planet got taken out with a sinlge blast in the back but they kept shooting hewr anyway... reminded me so much of playing halo against friends... heheheheh

the bit with R2D2 was funny, but again... what the hell happened to his rockets?!?

another fine WTF to you to Geaorge!!!

but still i had fun...

#22 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2005 - 10:14 PM

Why do you swim in the deepness of 'I created you', and at the same time hate this movie, Bender? I DONT UNDERSTAND! *sobs* crying.gif I just don't understand... *sobs more* Do you like the movie or not? Do you respect George Lucas' writing of Palpatine creating Anakin? crying.gif crying.gif crying.gif

This post has been edited by StarWarsIsUs: 19 May 2005 - 10:16 PM

SecretShadow (SuperShadow's main adversary)

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#23 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 19 May 2005 - 11:16 PM

i never said i hated this movie... i totally dug it. i'm going to see it again...

there were just some unforgivably horrible parts to it.
and i'm still bitter about the special editions, so lucas can go step on a rusty nail. then in dog poo, and that will be painful AND disgusting, and when he tells people why he's in a wheelchair, they'll laugh at him...

#24 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2005 - 02:31 AM

Barend, could you please elaborate on Anakin's birth? Maybe I was asleep at that time, but I did not catch it at all. I'd really appreciate, as I am not planning to see the film again just to catch it... and there is no need to mind the spoilers anymore...

#25 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2005 - 02:41 AM

Well, predictably, I loved it.

About Anakins birth... SPOILERS...(how do you make the text white?!)

Palpatine clearly implied that his master (Darth Plagus? something, I forget) became so powerful in the darkside that he could manipulate the midichorians and create life. Presumably this is how Anakin came about, but what I dont understand is how? Did Plagus or Palpatine meet Shmi on a dark stormy night somewhere? Or was she just 'selected'? or what?

#26 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 20 May 2005 - 09:25 AM

it WAS the emporer who made him...

CODE
[spoiler][/spoiler]

#27 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2005 - 09:30 AM

Or Darth Plaguis made Anakin, and then was soon defeated by Sidious, and Sidious became the Sith Lord in Plag's place.

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#28 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 20 May 2005 - 10:07 AM

no... he probably killed him long before anikan was made.

#29 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2005 - 10:12 AM

*shrugs* But then that's like having the Emporer as Luke's grandfather.

Emporer: Obi-Wan lied about your father, and Vader revealed the truth, but neither of them told you about your grandfather.

Luke: Got me there. You're right.

Emporer: I am your grandfather.

Luke: Right... Ok.

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#30 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:27 PM

yep... pretty much.

old lucas is soooo predictable.

DIDN'T I SAY THIS WOULD BE IT>>>>

i said it like a year ago...
i've been saying it since ep 1 came out...

I TOLD YOU ALL!!!!! DAMNIT!!!

i was right...

repeat after me...

"BAREND YOU WERE RIGHT!!!"

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size