Page 1 of 1

The problem with loving Ep. 3

#1 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 20 May 2005 - 05:34 PM

Okay, I know a lot of bashers have given the opinion that they like the film. That's cool, I probably will too. But what you must realize is that the first time you see a film, it can work on you, and draw you in so that you really start to like it, despite your common sense and the films worse qualities. All I'm saying is, first impression can be decieving. Give it more time before you start wearing Ep. 3 underoos.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#2 User is offline   Bohrok Awakener Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 20 May 2005 - 05:40 PM

I agree - I usually watch a film once, and then a second time about a week afterwards. The first time, you are skimming the surface of the film - picking up basic details about the plot, roughly following the story, learning a little about the characters, etc. But a lot of things go over your head. The second time round, you know what's going to happen, so you pick up on a lot more things. I know I found this with The Phantom Menace - I was only 8 when it came out (yeah, I grew up with the Special Editions... poor me), and the first time I saw it, I didn't take in one bit of the plot. I was basically trying to figure out who was good, who was bad, and how it might lead into the Original Trilogy. The second time round, I understood the story (now that I had stopped gawping at the lightsaber battles in my stupid kid-like wonder), and realised that Jar Jar was dumb.

#3 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 20 May 2005 - 05:59 PM

See, for me, I was the same age, but I was so brainwashed by my stupid catholic parents that I had no ability to determine if anything is bad or good, as far as movies and stories go. Thank god I met Kayce and started to gain a little bit of taste. I actually liked JarJar. I did the voice thing! sad.gif
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#4 User is offline   A Link to the Past Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 20 May 2005 - 06:25 PM

The fact that Natalie and Hayden didn't fail at acting gave no real complaints to be said from me.

Nothing major, anyway. *Wheeps for Chewbacca*

#5 User is offline   njamilla Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Black belts: aikido, kendo, iaido, jodo. 1987 World Fencing Championships, World University Games participant. Writer: novelist, freelancer. Interestes: Renaissance, religious history, turtles.

Posted 20 May 2005 - 06:49 PM

My first instinct is to consider whether I like ROTS better than ESB because I felt a lot of emotional pangs during the movie. I really sympathized with Padme and Anakin at the end. Of course, there were some scenes which were pretty bad in ROTS, while in ESB it was a very satisfying story from beginning to end.

And just like ANH, I was enthralled by all the hardware.
Author: Sword Fighting in the Star Wars Universe.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size