• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

**PADME SPOILER** you've been warned...

#136 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 26 May 2005 - 01:39 AM

#137 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 26 May 2005 - 01:39 AM

Padme took one look at her babies and died.
I've seen newborns like that.

This post has been edited by Mnesymone: 26 May 2005 - 01:39 AM

#138 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 May 2005 - 12:04 AM

The word is objectivity, not objectivism.

ok, consider my wrists slapped.

Right. I can just remember all those fairey tales I was told as a kid that involved either trade embargoes, civil wars, and/or the rise of imperialism through promises of security and safety.

SW still operates more within the realms of fantasy than science fiction, despite the dune esq. stuff you mentioned. I still dont know whether I like the idea of Padmes death or not, but lets not forget all the action/adventure stories of idealistic kids being `called` to adventure, young queens in distress, wizards in space, greed as the great corruptor, good people making the wrong choices and paying the conseqences, doomed romances, and the constant threat of evil in the background and well as the general whizz bang serial action adventure stuff. So I still dont know if I like it, but the method of Padmes death does seem to fit in.

#139 User is offline   Electric Monkey Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 08 June 2005 - 06:26 AM

This is going to sound pretty lame, but I interpreted it as Anniken projecting his pain and anger from being chopped up onto her through some kind of force-link between the two lovers...or using the dark side to drain her life force to sustain himself.

And imagine the fury if the droid had diagnosed her with midichlorian poisoning.

#140 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 08 June 2005 - 06:27 PM

force link nothing...

i know too many girls like padme...

they go out with creepy jerks who constantly do horrible things in front of them (and behind their back but it usually gets back to them), and act all shocked and horrified when they leave, or mess up too big...

no sympathy...

i'm glad the dumb cow died... they just should have had her die BEFORE she gave birth so they would be forced to extract the twins from her cold dead body... there's some "darkness" for you lucas....

#141 User is offline   Trigormike Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Interests:Culling the vile plague that is Man from the planet to a more sustainable population.<br /> (NO ONE TOLD ME IT WAS FUCKIN' ILLEGAL!)

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:16 PM

Yep. The whole death scene was utter shite.
I was expecting (obviously before TPM showed me GL's new style of 'film making') that the births would take place on some remote planet (maybe even delivered by Obi-Wan) with no medical assistance therefore making L/L's mother's death believable. I thought that it would probably be on Dagobah thus explaining Luke's feeling of familiarity when he arrives years later.

#142 User is offline   Trigormike Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Interests:Culling the vile plague that is Man from the planet to a more sustainable population.<br /> (NO ONE TOLD ME IT WAS FUCKIN' ILLEGAL!)

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:40 PM

Hey, and just imagine if ANOTHER baby came out.

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size