• (2 Pages)
  • +

ROTS Boycott?

#16 User is offline   rangwe Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:29 PM

Good point, chef. Hard to avoid the basics.

I've read the script and know pretty much what happens, just not *how* it happens. Timing and presentment. Even though I know it will be awful and unbearable, I want to see it so I can mock it more completely. Hard to mock it without a penalty to the "to hit" roll (easy as it is) if I haven't seen it. And I will be laughing at the slapstick hijinks, and the terrible dialogue, on a canvas of sheer technical brilliance. This *is* vaudeville. I won't see it again in the theater. My way of jacking Lucas is denying him the repeat offense to my wallet. Titanic made its money on the gals going back again and again to see the love unfold. We'll see how much repeat value this movie has with the rest of the populace, fans with bullets to spare not included.

- rangwe

#17 User is offline   Devout Catalyst Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:26 PM

Part of me wants to put my foot down and not give Lucas another penny.

But another part of me knows that my non-viewing (or the non-viewing of hundreds of others) won't mean squat in the long run. Lucas is going to make billions off this new movie no matter what. His fan base is just too vast, and Lucasfilm will never be seen as an evil, boycottable corporation the way that, say, GE or RJ Reynolds are. Not that there are any real comparisons there anyway. Just that it would never cross most people's mind to make a statement, however small, by deliberately not going to see ROTS.

If I do go to see it in the theater, it will be for that weird satisfaction of already knowing that it will indeed be as terrible as I thought it would be all along. Of course, I would like to be surprised. But I know I won't be.

#18 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:31 PM

Don't have tickets yet. I can't be first on the planet to see it, so what's the point?
I'll probably see it sometime this weekend. Like Chef alluded to, it's not like I won't see two hours of NEW PT footage till then by accident.

In an hour we'll be only one day away. I've waited since 1980- wait. there's another commercial. cackle.- I've waited since 1980 for a proper follow-up. I'm in no hurry now. rolleyes.gif

#19 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:21 AM

THe time is getting ever closer. Now we have less than a day left. This is the moment we have all been waiting for, my friends, wether gusher or basher.
SecretShadow (SuperShadow's main adversary)

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#20 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 19 May 2005 - 08:38 AM

Lemming in Birmingham just bought tickets for an 830 show. alien.gif

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size