• This topic is locked

The End It is nigh.

#1 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:00 PM

The other Mods have brought up the fact that this stupid and meager forum has lost its former tarnished aluminum body in favor of traumatic post-rust disorder, and has been legally dead for five months - as opposed to just being comatose when my site was still up.

I just slipped off the radar when I stopped updating my site due to getting acclimated into college life (late nights and drinking on weekends), and personal issues (let's not go there). I did manage a small note of "Don't cry for me, I'm already dead." a'la Strong Sad, and as I expected, no one cried. I'm sure that if I had actually had any readers (or talent), this would have elicited at least one response of "I'm sorry to see you go, Slade. You were a valuable contribution to the obscure online humor community while you lasted.", but as of such, the forums just instantly finished their withered lives and shuffled off of this mortal coil.

This forum is moving into the graveyard. I apologize for anyone who still cares am sorry for those of you still checking in once and a while to see the official forum of Skeezy the Clam, but he seems to have gone the way of the reaper as well. It is a sad time in the forums' life. L&E is gone, NotMyDesk was given a pink slip by its author, Lefty discovered that there was life outside of Polymorph Want a Cracker?. Others have attempted to take up the flame of internet humor, and have managed to update even less than me, and I'd give them a medal but the best I can offer up right now is a pirate.gif , which actually is a pretty sweet thing to have. Much more useful than a stupid hunk of metal.

Ok, I'm going to cut this crap short. It was fun while it lasted, even the hackneyed ripoffs (and experimenting with them created some stuff I was actually happy with), I'd like to formally thank both of my readers for occasionally reminding me that I wasn't typing just to stroke my own ego (or stomp on it). So... Like, Blog? is dead, and has now been given a proper eulogy. I may start another site, featuring a mirror of the old one and a reformatted, re-edited, super keen version of the stuff that was actually worthwhile being re-done and easier to get at at another time, but right now I have no will to maintain such a site.

I'd offer a "So long, and thanks for all the fish," but that would feel hollow. So I'll leave you with something simple, yet elegant and fitting.

Fnord?!

P.S. I know, this message is over half of a year late. However, since no one will read it, it doesn't matter much.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#2 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:21 AM

sad.gif
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#3 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:08 AM

Well, you're always welcome to give me a buzz, if you need something stuck somewhere with a domain name...
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#4 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:33 AM

I hope your forum has a proper burial at sea. pirate.gif

#5 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator