Chefelf.com Night Life: Forget that TPM and AOTC ever existed! - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

Forget that TPM and AOTC ever existed!

#1 User is offline   Lord Melkor Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 15 May 2005 - 05:20 AM

I came to the conclusion:

Only way some of people on this board can enjoy ROTS if it is a good movie, is if they forget that other prequels ever existed!

Please treat ROTS as standalone then! I heard that relationships between Obi-wan and Anakin, even Padme and Anakin, are vastly improved, so this movie can work as a sole prequel!

#2 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 May 2005 - 08:43 AM

That conclusion was drawn before episode II premiered too. "Just forget episode I, everything is vastly improved in AotC!" It didn't work then and I doubt it'll work now. Mindless bashing is almost as bad as mindless gushing, almost wink.gif but expectations couldn't be lower. I just saw the latest TV ads and if Anakins "What have I done!?" is representative of how emotional lines are delivered we have a Gigli level flick on our hands.

I'm gonna see it. And try to keep an open mind. (Unlike the morons I saw today in their sleeping bags outside the theatre). But the damage the PT has inflicted on Star Wars is unfortunately something that can't be dismissed easily.

#3 User is offline   Private Zod Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 15 May 2005 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (Lord Melkor @ May 15 2005, 05:20 AM)
I came to the conclusion:

Only way some of people on this board can enjoy ROTS if it is a good movie, is if they forget that other prequels ever existed!

Please treat ROTS as standalone then! I heard that relationships between Obi-wan and Anakin, even Padme and Anakin, are vastly improved, so this movie can work as a sole prequel!

I tell alot of my friends that if they ignored what happened before teh Clone Wars started and picked it up with all the comic/cartoon/novelization tie ins of teh Clone Wars leading up to Ep3, it will come off alot better.

#4 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 May 2005 - 09:15 AM

That's the only way the prequels could bypass being totally messed up. We will try, Melkor. We shall indeed try.
SecretShadow (SuperShadow's main adversary)

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#5 User is offline   Grand Moff Lebowski Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 15 May 2005 - 07:26 PM

My prediction:
It's all fucked.

But I'll keep an open mind....AGAIN!!

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply