Chefelf.com Night Life: Movies with cigarette's deserve R-rating - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

Movies with cigarette's deserve R-rating branding casual reality as 'restricted'

#1 User is offline   Reader Icon

• More Important than Coal
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Validating
  • Interests:oh, this and that

Posted 22 January 2004 - 09:09 PM

http://www.cbc.ca/st...ngmovies_040121

I don't have anything against cigarette's. Tobacco companies are clearly evil, but hey! (i don't know)
With this mentality there would be a lot of older disney films given the r-rating (Alice in Wonderland comes to mind - while no cigarette's are shown, per se, the caterpillar smokes up a storm).
I just think it's a drastic and ultimately unnecessary step in stopping North America's youth from smoking. I mean, a lot of these kids have loved ones who live in their house who smoke, so... i don't think this will have as much of an affect as they say it will.
Just out of curiosity, do they have similar laws for illegal narcotics like cocaine, ecstacy, marijuana, etc? I could swear i've seen some PG-13 flicks with people using cocaine recreationally. Then again maybe not...

You'll all have better insights than I. Discuss

(i don't know how to refer stuff for the Crappy News forum, so i had to put it here)
"Nothing is real, all is permitted"
- Hassan i Sabbah
"There's nothing wrong with anything."
- Philip J.Fry

#2 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 22 January 2004 - 09:54 PM

it's been 5 months since my last cigarette, and one thing that makes you want to smoke is seeing it in fims, especially in B&W films, it just makes the smoke look so silky and smooth, the way it rolls through the air and . . . wait where was I?

#3 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 03 February 2004 - 09:46 PM

Remember how Lois Lane smoked in the first Superman movie? That would never happen these days.

(i don't know how to refer stuff for the Crappy News forum, so i had to put it here

You can just PM or email either myself or K1NGWARREN.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#4 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 04 February 2004 - 05:06 PM

As an on-again/off-again smoker, I have no objections to smoking, or the placement of tobacco in movies. There, I added my opinion.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size