• +
  • Last »

The Babes of Star Wars Monday, May 9, 2005

#1 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:21 AM

IGN made a bold move in announcing the Top 10 Babes of Star Wars last week. Needless to say, the list is a little weak considering the five (soon to be six) movies probably contain a total of eleven female characters all together.

For the most part the list showcases a collection of actresses who are, for the most part, pretty attractive. Remove the prosthetic head tails, green makeup, extra arms, bald caps, silly helmets and other ridiculous headgear and you're left with a group of women who are of above average looks and well outside of the realm of romantic possibility for any Star Wars fan.

Most disturbingly, Shelag Fraser shares slot #8 with Bonnie Piesse as the older version of Luke Skywalker's aunt Beru. As I said previously, there aren't many women to choose from in these films. It's surprising that they didn't elect to include any female Ewoks or Chewbacca's wife Malla.

Everyone's favorite girlfriend/aunt.

I'm shocked that they didn't include Shannon McRandle for her portrayal as fanboy favorite Mara Jade from the Thrawn trilogy. The woman who becomes Luke Skywalker's would be assassin (and later main squeeze) gets snubbed in favor of a few too many Twi'lek bit parts.

"If I knew that Star Wars fans would have figured out who I was after posing for this stupid picture I wouldn't have returned Lucasfilm's calls."

Predictably Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher) comes in at #1 sporting the metal bikini with her mother Padme Amidala (Natalie Portman) in the #2 spot.

The bikini that the world won't let Carrie Fisher forget.

See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#2 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:42 PM

Well... that was interesting.

Strangely enough the two Berus look similar enough in that pic.

I wonder if the link to the top 10 people they'd like to see in the leia slave outfit features some of the people in this top 10 thingy here.

I'd also like to say, though I don't know where the pic is, that there is a pic of Carrie Fisher on the beach in the metal bikini with a Gamorrean guard with a beach ball and Darth Vader with a stereo - its a funny picture, and if someone could dig it up it'd probably get a few laughs.

#3 User is offline   Michel Orla Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Many, many things....some which wouldn't be suitable for a forum of this kind ;)

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:56 AM

Damn that Ewok looks so fake!

Does Vader know that's his daughter? ermm.gif

The rest can be found here

http://www.leiasmeta....com/beach.html

Interestingly enough, I still have the Rolling Stone magazine....And Lucas is just as crazy back then as he is now.

As for the list, how on earth could they forgot about Mara Jade. Though Im no fanboy, shes hawt blushing.gif

This post has been edited by Michel Orla: 10 May 2005 - 11:58 AM

#4 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 10 May 2005 - 02:58 PM

Jesus, I guess thier doing a top ten for everything. People just can't get away from this stuff.

This post has been edited by floppydisk: 10 May 2005 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#5 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 10 May 2005 - 04:30 PM

That pic of Vader and Leia on the beach has always freaked me out. Not necessarily because of the father/daughter thing. It has always freaked me out because it looks like her head is just hovering in mid air. I don't like that. unsure.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#6 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:22 PM

I think my first ever fantasy was with Leia in the bikini. But now that I see Carrie Fisher as she is these days... I'm sorta ashamed. sad.gif
SecretShadow (SuperShadow's main adversary)

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#7 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 10 May 2005 - 07:30 PM

the leia bikini thing has rated #1 in most all time male fantasy lists...

i don't know why, but i totally agree it was the hottest thing ever and that RS cover put a lump in my throat (and another elsewhere)...

DAMN!!!

also kiera knightly i'd love to see'ya nightly
and rose byre is the sweetest thing ever to walk this earth and i love her...

IGN pretty much mentioned everyone but Mon Mothra

Mothra: "tell me you don't want to tap this ass"

This post has been edited by barend: 10 May 2005 - 07:32 PM

#8 User is offline   StarWarsIsUs Icon

• Awesome Possum
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2005 - 07:47 PM

To be honest, I still use her once in a while when I have nothing else at hand. I mean... she was really really hot.
SecretShadow (SuperShadow's main adversary)

Endor Holocaust
FIND OUT THE TRUTH

#9 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:36 PM

I noticed another woman recently. Kind of like the lady that calls the ion cannon, but was she in Ep. four I'm pretty sure.

Then there's the waitress at Jettster's rolleyes.gif

#10 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 11 May 2005 - 10:03 PM

let's not forget 9D9

#11 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 11 May 2005 - 10:24 PM

I was almost there! Curse you, you sneaky sydneysider! Now I have to remember the stupid droid torture chamber/ robot hell for another three years or so!

Curse you, and all Blues supporters save some of my mates up here and rellies down there.

#12 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 11 May 2005 - 11:00 PM

This is an excellent thread! Why haven't we had any threads like this for so long? Babes are wonderful and if there are enough of them in a movie, all other shortcomings and letdowns can almost be forgiven.

Take Episode II, if they edited out everything except for shots of Natalie Portman, I reckon it wouldn't be a bad film to watch... it certainly would have entertainment value.

Michel Orla. Thank you for providing the wonderful beach pictures.

And StarWarsIsUs, there is absolutely no reason to feel ashamed about having a crush on Leia in the bikini. It doesn't matter what Carrie looks like now. She was hot then and the pictures don't age.

* Also, if you said you didn't have a crush on her, then we'd all know you were a highly dishonest man and were not to be trusted.

#13 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 11 May 2005 - 11:04 PM

or gay...

and even then...

#14 User is offline   Michel Orla Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Many, many things....some which wouldn't be suitable for a forum of this kind ;)

Posted 12 May 2005 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ May 11 2005, 11:00 PM)
Michel Orla.  Thank you for providing the wonderful beach pictures.

Not a problem. I dont think there is one male here who grew up on Star Wars who didn't have some sort of crush on Princess Leia biggrin.gif These bikini pics take us back to a time when the woman in movies were hot, and we didnt know any better about their personal lives to screw that up for us

#15 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 12 May 2005 - 02:33 PM

I have to say I never got the Princess Leia in the metal Bikini thing. I was into Kate Jackson from Charlie's Angels and of course Jodie Foster.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size