• +
  • « First
  • Last »

Tarot Readings Ask for yours, today!

#46 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 06 May 2005 - 04:55 PM

Oooooh boy... unsure.gif

Well, that answers my unasked question about any kind of success...and makes me wonder just how big this is going to be, considering how my dreams are very fragile things...

EDIT: Following the same path as Slade, I've always wondered what The Fool meant...

This post has been edited by Jane Sherwood: 06 May 2005 - 04:57 PM

Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#47 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 06 May 2005 - 04:58 PM

The hanged man means sacrifice, if I remember correctly. Sacrificing something to gain something much greater. Usually changing something within you or to gain a new view upon the world. It can also just mean waiting.

The Tower is just a bad sign to begin with, it was called the house of god and had an image striking the tower, basicly saying that one should not put too much focus on that which can not last forever because God is an utter cunt and will smash things, even if it is his own house. You get hurt, a lot, but it's just bad luck and you can't do anything to change it.

#48 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 06 May 2005 - 05:00 PM

The fool stands for journey, new experiences and an open mind... Sometimes dangerously open (what's going to happen if I eat this rat poison..) It is a card that supposedly ties all the other Major Arcana together.

#49 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 06 May 2005 - 05:04 PM

Ah. Sweetness. Now read me read me read me!

Nah, you don't have to if you don't want to. I'm just being a pest right now before I go outside and use the beautiful weather to inspire my writing skills and creativity to produce something that's screening room worthy.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#50 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 May 2005 - 05:06 PM

I gave you a second reading on page three, either you're gonna get screwed big time by some utter bastard, or some bloke is going to blow your mind with magical knowledge.

#51 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 06 May 2005 - 05:07 PM

Oh you sneaky man, editing your post after I reloaded...

Edit: There we go. There goes the universe realizing it was about to accidentally forget to fuck with me some more. Or not...

I actually can't apply that to anything right now, especially for this weekend... unsure.gif Hrm...

And then again, I was originally going to go to West Virginia to see my Aunt graduate from college, but I'm burdened with a programming project and I need the weekend to work. So that could account for the flip-flop... Guess I should have said "fuck you, responsibility" this time, eh?

Edit2: Ok, time to grab a notebook, pilot pen, and head outside.

This post has been edited by Slade: 06 May 2005 - 05:17 PM

#52 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 06 May 2005 - 06:29 PM

Huttah, I'm back. Out of curisosity, what was with all of the PSP mentioning, Icey? I don't want a PSP, or any portable gaming device...

#53 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 May 2005 - 06:31 PM

No idea, a PSP just popped into my mind while I was doing this, maybe because a friend of mine has been bickering about how cool and 1337 it is and that must've filled my brain with mush. Sorry about that.

#54 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 06 May 2005 - 06:38 PM

Hmm... that's usually the most signifigant stuff... Now I'm rather puzzled. I guess it could be just your own randomness... Although someone else on the forum was going on about a PSP a while ago...

Sorry. I have some time to kill and nothing to fill it with. I'm probably overthinking it. Just ignore my musings unless they have signifigance.

#55 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 06 May 2005 - 07:15 PM

Crap, there was something specific I was going to ask you to look into, but I've forgotten what. I'll worry about it later, what with all the stuff the cards have told me to look into already...
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#56 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 06 May 2005 - 07:37 PM

Oh, derr... What is the signifigance of having the cards be upsidown? Is that different from reversed? And reversed just changed the meaning, right?

This post has been edited by Slade: 06 May 2005 - 07:40 PM

#57 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 07 May 2005 - 01:20 AM

Wow, the cards have turned evil lately. I hope Jane's is wrong. Did the cards mention anything about creepy stalker guys?

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#58 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2005 - 06:00 AM

Slade: Yeah, reversed changes the meaning, it's pretty much the other side of the coin, it's a different side of the matter, but it still relates to the same thing. Hopes turn to worries preparations for a change turn to ill prepared changes that take everything you haven't nailed to the ground away... Things like that.

The cards love messing with peoples minds, fucking around with my brainmatter till it starts spinning, for my daily reading I got this:

Page of Pentacles
King of Wands (Reversed)
Queen of Wands

This could signify people I'm going to meet today, myself or just elements of the day personified.
Good news about money or family, the key here is to be methodical to keep them safe in the long term future. The card has the page looking to the past romanticly.
Someone filled with prejudice that talking to is about as successfull as chewing plastic. Stuck in the unlogical mindset of the past, believing in ye olde byfaith such as reading tarots is work of the devil and will surely kill ones offspring brutally. This could be my girlfriends mother... A very masculine woman.
A creative balanced nurturer. A comforting presence and an understanding over those close to her. She signifies the ability to take care of those close to her, might be a part of me or a woman I know, both apply to me at the moment.

So... What I foresee for today, good news from Perla about visiting times, even visiting Alex, woo! Then getting dragged down by her mum making me feel miserable followed by talking to a friend of mine, returning me to a healthy mindset that will make my head all better.

Edit: JM, nope no creepy stalker guys... Should I search for some tonight?

This post has been edited by Icey: 07 May 2005 - 06:01 AM

#59 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 07 May 2005 - 08:27 AM

This is very good stuff Icey, far better than my tradtitionally vague tarot mubblings, any chance of a second reading for myself; I have a date in about 6 hours time and I have this feeling it's all going to go horribly wrong.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#60 User is offline   Rhubarb Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Regurgitator, the Froud family, T.H. White, and Dylan Moran.

Posted 07 May 2005 - 10:11 AM

Excuse me, but Tarot reading is much more of a psychological than a 'magical' process... it's only spiritual in the sense that the mind is spiritual. It's also intensely personal. It's all about channelling and divining your subconscious. Each card will mean something different to each person. Which is why you can't just collect questions from someone, give a Tarot reading for them at your leisure and then post the results and proclaim 'the cards say such-and-such'. Doesn't work that way. Tarot cards are not a crystal ball. They don't give you answers. They let you give yourself answers.

Anyone who knows even a little about Tarot knows that each card can be interpreted many different ways, both upside-down and rightside-up, and the number increases when in context with all of the other cards in the reading. It's an incredibly complicated process, one that I don't even understand a tenth of (although I'm slowly learning). The Major Arcana alone can cover a multitude of different facets, situations, or people. It's always going to mean different things to whoever looks at the card. That's what makes Tarot what it is.

For example - I give myself a reading, and I turn over the Fool card. To many, the card represents a journey. To me, it also represents 'wisdom through naivety'... someone who's enlightened to the point of freedom from all worries. Someone who's free of all the ties that hold most people down, emotional and material, and therefore is capable of anything. The Fool is traditionally a person about to step off a cliff, which I can interpret to mean 1) they are either unwittingly stepping into danger, or 2) they are refusing to let the danger prevent them taking a crucial step. I then start to think about what sort of important step I need to take, and whether the risks involved are something that I need to be concerned over. The journey could be metaphorical or literal. The person taking the journey might not even be me.

That's rather simplistic, but that's more or less how I'd apply that card to myself. The card is not channelling spiritual forces to tell me what I should do with my life. It isn't even telling me anything new. It's allowing me to tell myself things that I already knew, but didn't realise I knew. It points to certain aspects of my life and forces me to confront them, to think about them a little more than I usually would. How I interpret the card not only depends on my own personality, but also what I'm currently going through, and what area of my life I applied the card to when I did the reading. Not to mention how it applies to the other cards in the reading.

Do you see why you can't just whip the card out and tell another person how it relates to them? The most you can do is tell them the significance and all the various aspects of what the card generally means, and let them come to their own conclusions. Even then it's a bit dodgy. You have to be seriously qualified with the ins-and-outs to give someone else a proper reading.

Certainly it's possible to do it online. But it's a process that the person you're doing the reading for has to be involved in each step of the way, otherwise you might as well just play with a Magic 8-Ball.

Incidentally - buying yourself a Tarot pack is considered bad form... traditionally they are supposed to be given to you by someone else. I guess it stems from the days when the packs were rarer (and banned), something precious to be passed on as an inheritance. Personally, I'm currently involved in making my own pack. Will take me a good few years, but it'll be awesome if I actually finish it.

• (28 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size