• « First
  • Last »

Tarot Readings Ask for yours, today!

#301 User is offline   Mirithorn Icon

• Expert Misologist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 October 2005 - 09:06 PM

Sample reading: (one twig)Marjory asked a question about changing jobs soon and selected the twig Luis (Rowan) with her eyes closed. She rolled the indicator stick between her hands; on stopping she found that the side facing her was the West. Looking in Part Three under the entry for Luis, she read down the possible answers. Her oracle was under Luis-West. "You need to unknot the coil you have made. Retrace your steps and make amends." It further told her, "When there is a muddle, it is impossible to continue without sorting things out- the coils can circumscribe further action or create further confusion. As with a tangled lengthe of twine, start at one end and trace back patiendly to the other end, stopping to untie any knots and snarls. When things are straightened, there can be movement again." Marjory had to search her own motivations for wanting to change her job. A misunderstanding between her and her supervisor lay at the root of the problem; by leaving she could avoid further unpleasantness. The more difficult course of clearing matters up was not very attractive to her, but the oracle's question to her, "What needs to be sorted out?" evoked a solution. In seeking another job, she would need a reference from her supervisor, and since this was Marjory's first job, it was not so easily set aside. Affter a few days of steeling herself, she requested an interview with the supervisor to try to clear matters up. The trouble had been due to an unclear instruction carelessly conveyed by one of Marjory's work colleaguess. With this explained to her supervisor, harmony was again restored. Marjory felt happier about the situation and decided to give her job another chance.

An entire quote from Celtic Wisdom Sticks: An Ogam Oracle by Caitlin Matthews

Just a note- yes or no questions are hard to answer, and even harder to take back. Once you ask a question, you have accepted responsibility for it. Ask yourself if you want to know the answer befoer you ask. I don't think that I personally can manage yes or no questions- I'm sorry. It requires great amounts of concentration that I'm not confident I have.

If it is a heartfelt question, you will recieve an answer from the oracle- if not, you may not. Questions should be about only one subject or person only, and should center on yourself. Make sure they are carefully phrased so that you say what you mean, and another issue is not trying to be heard while you are trying to find an answer to the first.

So, yes, that's a basic overview. Kind of. Not a complete overview, but enough to perhaps give you an idea of what is going on.
"YOU'RE MISSING A PERIOD. YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY, DON'T YOU? YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY THAT YOU FUCK WITH GRAMMAR? WELL, FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MISSING PERIOD! I HOPE IT MEANS YOUR SLUTTY, NON-PUNCTUATED WAYS HAVE GOTTEN YOU TEEN-PREGNANT!"

#302 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 15 October 2005 - 01:31 PM

Icey: Damn, I've been thinking that I'm not that alone, but still, I have been away from my mates to long and I have been cooped up in this house for a while.

I'll be sure to take up your advice. I have a nice five day weekend this coming week, maybe I'll go out on the town, take a trip, or something like that. It's been too long since I've seen anything new... or old for that matter. Damn have I been out of touch.
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#303 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 15 October 2005 - 02:25 PM

Mr Iceman, its been a while since I've asked you to point out the obvious by means of the Tarot. Can you do me when you've got a minute, please?
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#304 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 20 October 2005 - 12:09 PM

[Note: Me and Chyld did this via MSN since the outcome hit far too close to home for me to want to flag it here, having it apply to both of us.]

Hey Marky, here's your date reading. It's not looking very good.

Current Situation: Ten of Cups, again.
Before you: Eight of Wands
Heart of the matter: Seven of Cups
Short Term Future: Nine of Swords
Long Term: The Moon.

To cut a long story short.

You're not unhappy, but you're not exactly extatic at the moment.
Ahead of you, you're looking forward to stagnation and maybe even a bit of hording, gathering your wands in a way.

Jumping over the heart really because I like it as a conclusion.

The future mostly holds for you, angst, grief, stress, pain and disillusionment. The moon is all about what you can not put your finger on, what looks different from what it really is. The blades are just all pain.

Then the heart of the matter. Things look quite lovely from a distance. But it seems, that it's all they do.

#305 User is offline   Marky Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Chuckster, punkrock, beer, birds.

Posted 21 October 2005 - 03:27 AM

Why do the cards hate me!? And they're wrong! I AM unhappy now! crying.gif

#306 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 21 October 2005 - 05:49 AM

The cards just do what they do. They kick me in the face all the time, but I've gotten quite used to the sensation.

This might be a misinterpretation, or I might have hit spot on, I honestly can't know. Marky, you know what they say. Ignorance is a bliss.

#307 User is offline   Marky Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE (Icey @ Oct 21 2005, 05:49 AM)
The cards just do what they do. They kick me in the face all the time, but I've gotten quite used to the sensation.

This might be a misinterpretation, or I might have hit spot on, I honestly can't know. Marky, you know what they say. Ignorance is a bliss.

Well, I have to say I normally don't really believe in most physic things. But your first reading was pretty accurate I guess. Anyhow, I hope "Then the heart of the matter. Things look quite lovely from a distance. But it seems, that it's all they do." is not going be too true.

#308 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:35 AM

Might be that you need to distance yourself from them to see how truly beautiful things are, it's an afterthought I had at work last night. It's all in interpriting the card based on the pictures.

#309 User is offline   Marky Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE (Icey @ Oct 21 2005, 06:35 AM)
Might be that you need to distance yourself from them to see how truly beautiful things are, it's an afterthought I had at work last night. It's all in interpriting the card based on the pictures.

But what if you think something's is very beautiful already?

#310 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2005 - 07:20 AM

Then that surely means.... From Afar.

#311 User is offline   Marky Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2005 - 07:32 AM

Like... just leave it be?

#312 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2005 - 08:32 AM

It doesn't say that it won't look pretty from up close either, but it suggests some pain and hurt and angst, and then there's the moon. It might simply mean that there's more to it than meets the eye, without saying WHAT.

#313 User is offline   Marky Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2005 - 09:49 AM

Oh, well, this gives me a headache. But I have to say it's interesting stuff.

#314 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:06 AM

It gives me a headache too, but it's a part of the charm. It comes up to you and gives you everything you need to solve the puzzle, but it's all just imagery from a fantasy novel.

#315 User is offline   Marky Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2005 - 02:04 PM

My date went quite well, actually, Ice-man. Weren't you holding the cards upside-down? tongue.gif

• (28 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size