• +
  • « First
  • Last »

Tarot Readings Ask for yours, today!

#226 User is offline   Rhubarb Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Regurgitator, the Froud family, T.H. White, and Dylan Moran.

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:20 AM

Heh, I wasn't serious. An angst forum would actually be pretty awful. Just one big self-absorbed black hole of depression and low self-esteem. Visit any goth forum out there and check out the millions of "I feel moderately bad but I'm pretending I'm suicidal to get more sympathy" threads.

And stop calling me Rhubard. Why the hell do people keep doing that?

This post has been edited by Rhubarb: 05 July 2005 - 08:21 AM

#227 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:29 AM

Speed typing on minature keyboard whilst serving drinks (well that's my excuse anyway.)

Seriously, a side forum for more direct discussion was the main reason i supported the idea. The lobby's filling up with word games, so when someone does post something along those lines it all gets lost in the mass FD posting. I doubt anyone round here is likely to post suicide demands (unless in the name of satire).
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#228 User is offline   Rhubarb Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:41 AM

Ha. You're posting on an internet forum from work? Loser. :P

I didn't mean the suicide thing literally (although I think you're wrong in thinking no one here would do that if they thought anyone would pay attention). But there will always be people, myself amongst them, who will occasionally slip into deep moods of self-indulgent depression and wallow in it for all they are worth, and what those people do not need is other people encouraging them in this endeavor. I used to have a friend who always knew which depressions I needed to ride out, and which ones I needed to be snapped out of a verbal faceslap. Unfortunately, such discerning people are rare.

#229 User is offline   Rhubarb Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:42 AM

I declare this thread officially hijacked.

#230 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:59 AM

Yes the thread is officially jolly rogered now.

i still stand by saying no-one would post suicide demands, mainly because no-one round here wuld take them seriously, so we'd all assume it was a joke (and then when I hang myself you'd all feel guilty!) Most advice stuff on this board gets mixed up in pointless thoughts or random debate club topics, Icey's thread here does serve a similar purpose at times.

Just to clear something up though, you don't have an Fuckedcompany troll persona by the name of Rhubard do you Rhubarb? The two of you post in a very similar style\humour.

But as for posting at work, can you think of anything better to do in a student bar at 3pm when all classes are finished for the summer? (Drinking doesn't count, because I'm on the wrong side of the bar for 6 hours a day)
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#231 User is offline   Rhubarb Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2005 - 09:14 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot about timezones. I was assuming an actual bar at 12am for some reason.

And yeah, people would not take them seriously probably, but that would defeat the purpose of an angst forum. No one is going to bare their soul and pour their heart out into a post if they think someone is going to go lol fag. I think you'd be able to tell whether it was a joke anyway. Like if barend burst into an "i'm depresseded" thread unannounced and said OMG I'M GONNA HANG MYSELF or something similar, it's a bit different to someone whining for weeks about their personal pain and then saying "i just want to end it all" when the sympathy seemed to be slacking off.

I've never been a Rhubard outside of other people's typoes, and I have no idea what Fuckedcompany is, so no.

#232 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2005 - 05:36 PM

Maybe 'angst' is the wrong word, advice (which people do ask for round here from time to time) would put it better.

FTR, FC's a troll proof board. How? because everyone on it's a highly opinionated troll. Think of 200 hannibals\spqr's dumped in the same place, along with a ton of sarcastic JM Hoffmans, and unreg'd posting. A fine place to sharpen your posting wit if you ever find the need.
IPB Image

#233 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:13 AM

Well, who will be brave enough to post such thread? Any titles? "I am worthless, please massage my ego?" *giggles*

It could be interesting to see how we belittle ourselves for things other people might think desirable.

#234 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 06 July 2005 - 03:03 AM

Ok I know it's too soon for a reading for me (just got one last week, doubt anything will change), but I'm just getting crazy curious now.

I needs me some reading.

Oh my god, am I so worthless as to not get a reading. Is my life so full of misery Icey would not even go look into it. I think I'll go hang myself after making some goth haikus.

Darkness fills my soul
Nihilistic I embrace
Gothy Poetry
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#235 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 06 July 2005 - 06:53 AM

Kirby I'm so sorry! I didn't know I made you feel so bad. You know I think you're amazing and a unique beautiful butterfly. That haiku was the most beautiful thing I've ever read too, it's like a black rainbow of gothicness.

If I was there, I'd deffinatly take you to Hot Topic and buy you something cool.

If you kill yourself I'll never forgive myself and slit my rist all over and smear the blood into a pretty pretty picture.

This post has been edited by Icey: 06 July 2005 - 06:58 AM

#236 User is offline   Rhubarb Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2005 - 07:42 AM

Yeah. See, imagine this sort of crap, but serious. That's the Angst Forum.

:D

#237 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 06 July 2005 - 08:39 AM

Countless are the evils that bessech my mortal husk.
Rotted, like the decaying carcass of
A dying monstrosity.
Pain fills my being.

And yes, if you understand the deeper meaning, I stole the idea from the Weebl and Bob forums. biggrin.gif
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#238 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2005 - 09:43 AM

*sigh* I really should have know better shouldn't I? Point missed spectacularly in the name of satire.

biggrin.gif
IPB Image

#239 User is offline   Rhubarb Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:51 AM

Each day I continue to exist is another scratch on my bedroom wall

Each word I utter is echoed by a silent scream of pain and lonliness

I wear black on the outside in a hopeless attempt to reflect the darkness within me

They see but they do not understand

They hear but they cannot comprehend

They are all as blissful and docile as beasts of the field

None of them care to open their minds and see what truly lies beyond the veil

Which is why they never invite me to their parties

Not that I would want them to, wankers

#240 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 07 July 2005 - 02:38 AM

Can't... stop... laughing...

Here's the deal: I don't like wallowing in self-deprecation/pity, but when I get upset sometimes it comes out anyhow. About the only thing that gets me angsty are the obscenely rare matters of my heart. Everything else essentially either makes me laugh or pisses me off.

And if you must know, I'd fallen in love with a girl I'd known all of my life (though known isn't a good term to use until two years ago, since we were friends by default since my parents knew her parents (which is also the only way I'd prolly get to know women anyhow)), and went down to Maryland to visit her where she lives, thinking (in an absurdly foolish manner), that she cared for me enough to do more than say "Alas, if things were different, we could have dated." But I was wrong, and upset because I'd misread what she had been saying and had been pouring all of this energy into the situation that turned out to be a COMPLETE FUCKING WASTE. Like I said, you give and you give and you give, and the other person doesn't get it or care enough to acknowledge you for it. But I bowed out gracefully and for good (we're very good friends (Whee sleep.gif)). So now I'm back to deciding that despite efforts of my heart to persuade me otherwise, being bitter, cynical, and alone and not bothering with the whole dating/seduction/whatever mess is the better option for a person like me (borderline social anxiety disorder with any women I might have a chance with, nice guy, INTP, etc.).

Are you happy now?

Edit: I can write some good angsty poetry, but most of mine is multifacited and usually focuses on actual angst and not whiney emo/goth "I'm sad that I'm flying" stuff. And Rhubs, that's still too fucking hilarious for mere words to describe, but I'm going to try anyway. It's like if you impaled a 10 year old that's been kicking the back of my seat on the bus inbetween throwing up and whining to his fawning mother about how he doesn't get enough toys, kicked a yip dog, used a corpse as a marionette to describe flight lessons to, read Catch-22, Much Ado About Nothing, Calvin and Hobbes, and got injected with the Joker's laughing gas while talking to Seanbaby, building a mousetrap that uses thumbtacks and a baby, and getting a bunch of friends to riff a bad movie MST3K style with you all at once.

This post has been edited by Slade: 07 July 2005 - 02:45 AM

This space for rent. Inquire within.

• (28 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size