• (28 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Tarot Readings Ask for yours, today!

#1 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 04 May 2005 - 06:36 PM

I've been playing around with my Tarot deck for a while now and have been-a-thinking if any of you fine folk would be interested in a reading, be it just a general one or concernig a question that is buggering you halfway to the moon. Plus, that should be very helpful in guiding me to basic understanding of the cards.

#2 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 04 May 2005 - 06:41 PM

Hey , I used to do a bit of Tarot a while back, when I was living with a wiccan and dating a new-age chick. What sort of cards do you use Icey?
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#3 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 04 May 2005 - 06:43 PM

Meh, merely an Art of Tarot deck, but the moment I have moolah, I'm getting a much nicer Russian Tarot deck, blackness galore, yum.

#4 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 04 May 2005 - 06:49 PM

Is it a full deck? or just the major arcana?

Got 3 decks myself, a classic astral tarot, a dragon set, and the H R Gieger ones. The last 2 were just for the pictures really.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#5 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2005 - 06:58 PM

It's a full 78 card deck, would get pissed off if it only had the majors.

I'd really like to try using the H R Giger deck, it sounds nifty.

#6 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2005 - 07:07 PM

Nah, It's majors only. the art's not really that good for tarot imagery either, and the book relates everything to sex.

Which is fine, If your asking about sex, but 90% of the time it's a little heavy going.
IPB Image

#7 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 04 May 2005 - 07:18 PM

Dear Icey,

I don't know exactly how tarot cards work, but if you could read my future or whatever, and explain what the cards I get mean, that would be cool.

Sincerely,
floppydisk
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#8 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 04 May 2005 - 09:04 PM

Dear Iceman, I too would like to seek your random counsel in return for any bad advise you need...

ASK BAREND..., the Bad Advice collumn

#9 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 04 May 2005 - 09:14 PM

Tell me about my lack of love life and how I can fix it! Or should I try to write this novel I'm thinking of, and if so, which angle should I go?! Or let me know when the hamsters are coming to kill us all.

And should I take up Tarot card reading too? (I've thought about it before.)

This post has been edited by Slade: 04 May 2005 - 09:15 PM

This space for rent. Inquire within.

#10 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:36 AM

Yes, read for me, Icey dear.

I am not really interested in my own love life, there is only one thing I would like to know about my future.

Tell me if I am going to end up in a poorhouse knitting socks for a living.

#11 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:51 AM

Oh oh, me too.

I want to ask the cards if anything really creepy/interesting is coming my way in the near future.
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#12 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 05 May 2005 - 01:00 AM

I do hope you are aware that Tarot cards are just normal playing cards for now defunct games... only in our miraculous modern world with weird stuff have they been turned into auguries.

Though I suppose they are perhaps more accurate than older stuff... being entirely random, rather than actively wrong.

#13 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2005 - 02:02 AM

Everyone except for Mnesymone, expect a reading today!

Mnesymone: So far my cards have been dead on in most cases (the others I have little or no knowledge of). Also the cards have been used for guidance for hundreds of years, maybe more. So I am willing to give the cards the benefit of the doubt.

#14 User is offline   Mnesymone Icon

• Champion
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Food, books, movies, history, languages, religions (though I'm an atheist), miracles of nature and marvels of technology.<br /><br />Particularly: steak, the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Dark Ages in Europe, the 'created' languages, the mythologies of defunct European cultures, fish and cars.

Posted 05 May 2005 - 02:07 AM

Not intending to be offensive to any and all - but did you get the hint from the vagueness of the descriptions of each cards meaning in the books that they are playing with an advantage?

As for the cards being used for guidance over hundreds of years, they have been used along the same timescale for playing games.

#15 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2005 - 03:33 AM

One does get that impression a lot when it comes to the cards. They are vague yet specific and they might have a bit of an advantage, but you can immediatly tell if they'd be just oozing random crap in your general direction.

But yes, I do understand that the vagueness does give them some advantage, but it really helps when doing larger readings as they really do depend on each other to form an image.

EDIT:
Floppydisk: Did a quick three card spread for you.

1. Death Reversed: Things will remain the same for you for some while. Or the more things for you change, the more they stay the same. Might be your past, might be the now. I'm unsure.

2. Queen of Pentacles Reverse: A female with an obsession over money, might be a mother figure that focuses on the material to avoid getting to emotional over what she has. Might also be a girl you fancy. Advise: Stay away.

3. The Sun Reversed: Worry, worry, worry. Worries about things you're working on, your health or your family. Are your parents fighting much nowadays?

This post has been edited by Icey: 05 May 2005 - 03:40 AM

• (28 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size