• +
  • Last »

Piercings Not the sort Jane likes...

#1 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 04 May 2005 - 04:00 PM

Right, first of all, do feel free to scold me for rushing somewhat, but you'll find its been on my mind for a while.

So, tomorrow I'm finally taking the plunge and getting a piercing. I'm thinking something right in the center of my bottom lip, but quite a few people are saying nose piercing. Now you all know what I look like, so what do you all think? And any helpful advice from our already-pierced Chefflings? (I'm looking at Heccubus here, but y'know...)
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#2 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 04 May 2005 - 04:03 PM

I don't understand the fascination with sticking metal into your bodies...

If I wanted metal in my body, I'd swallow a spoon.

This post has been edited by floppydisk: 04 May 2005 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#3 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2005 - 04:07 PM

I dunno, maybe I am an old bore, but I would be reluctant to do anything permanent with my body. I mean, once you have it, it might never be gone.
And I always wondered with those nose piercing, you are supposed to wear a little stud, right? WHat is anyone punches you in the nose, does it not sort of sinks deep into your nose causing a lot of pain?

Maybe I am exagerrating. As to lip piercing, people used to kiss each other from time to time when I was young and I imagine it would be uncomfortable with an lipring or something....Sorry to be such a spoilsport. Why not get a tatoo, at least it is not "protruding"...

#4 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:44 PM

Most piercings heal up if left exposed shortly after the event, so if you tire of geting lip locked to goth chicks or setting off metal detectors, you can just remove it and go back to your old look.

If you take MC's advice I'd go for a temporary one first (they last about 3-6 months). still hurts like hell but it gives you time to reflect on your decision a lttle.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#5 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:47 PM

I concur with the previous points, I personally don't dig piercings. Making holes in ones body to stick metal thingies through them that only work as a tool to hold onto seems... Masochistic. My girlfriend has like 8 punctures and I can't even touch any of the metal jiggies with out her feeling pain, it makes kissing very dull if you run the risk of making her jump from pain.

#6 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 04 May 2005 - 06:19 PM

I know I'm not much of an authority on the subject, considering I've never even gotten my ears pierced let alone anything else, but I'd saaaaaaay...go with a lip ring.

I'm just wondering about it banging up against your teeth or something. Do they do that? Or have you tried looking at fake ones to see which might suit you more?
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#7 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 04 May 2005 - 06:36 PM

I doubt that they bang against your teeth, but they must make eating a bitch.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#8 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 04 May 2005 - 06:51 PM

They can, but I think it's tounge peircings that really screw up your diet.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#9 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master

Posted 04 May 2005 - 06:54 PM

Not to mention your ability to speak properly.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
XD

#10 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!

Posted 04 May 2005 - 07:22 PM

No, I know some people with them. They don't screw up speech. And eating with them can't be that bad. I say the lip one's worse because food would get hooked on it. With a tougue, you only move stuff around, so it wouldn't be much of a problem.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)

#11 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 04 May 2005 - 09:23 PM

They don't screw it up if you're intelligent about the tongue ring you get. Of course, why would intelligent people pierce their tongues?

I'm of the opinion that nose and lip piercings are kinda gross, although lip piercings are tolerable and as long as it's a nose stud it's passable, but no rings.

But I'm a total dork who refuses to adhere to any sort of sub-culture for too long or style myself after it, minus general dorkiness picked up hear and there. If I ever got a tattoo, it would be pac-man on the back of my left shoulder. But piercings and tattoos have never been me, if ya dig it.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#12 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 04 May 2005 - 09:25 PM

peircings are no good... they proove nothing.

all you have to do is take them out and they heal back up...

what you want is a tatoo...
it reaks of commitment and prooves your tough enough to scar yourself for life...

#13 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master

Posted 04 May 2005 - 10:00 PM

OR you were too fucked up at the time to know any better... wink.gif

XD

#14 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 04 May 2005 - 10:09 PM

Jane:
There is no tattoo parlour in existence that will ink you if you have any intoxicants in your system. For one thing, alcohol thins the blood significantly, and any body mod that's done with thin blood can be dangerous.
Anyway, I'd say the nose would be a good first piercing. For one, it's one of the more painful ones to get, so you know right from the get go whether it's something you can deal with. The logic in this is simple: when you get one, you'll want more. The lip (or any oral piercing) is a pain in the ass to clean. For about three to four weeks after getting pierced, you have to rinse your mouth after EVERY meal/drink/smoke/whatever. Also, it means no sexual contact in the area. I don't know how important this is in your life for the time being, but it's something to consider.
MC: Piercings are incredibly small. If one were to pierce their nose, it would likely be with a 14 guage needle, which is rougly the diameter of a mechanical pencil lead. The head and base of any stud that fits in the nose is wider than the pierce. Also, most guys usually wear a CBR (the funny little hoops with the ball in the middle of them), so lodging that in your nose is pretty difficult. There is, however, the danger of having it torn out.
Everyone else: Like it or leave it, piercing has developed into a mainstream and accepted part of our culture. Personally, I think it's neat, and I think that I look better with my jewellry in than when I take it out (which is rare). It's all a matter of opinion, but the success rate of most parlours says that it's not going anywhere for a while.

Oh, and I've never gotten food stuck in my lip piercing. Ever. And I don't know anyone that has. It's not at all difficult to eat/drink with a lip piercing. If you have a labrette (stud) in it, it's not even in the way, and if you have a CBR or another type of hoop, they can be moved to the side a bit to allow food and drink to get in there without any difficulty. A friend of mine as 4 lip piercings (two in the center, one on either side, on her lower lip) and she doesn't have a problem. That's FOUR. Most people only get one.

#15 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 04 May 2005 - 11:14 PM

word of advise don't smoke when you have an oral piercing...
smoking and chewing gum at the same time will give you gum cancer...
so you can imagine...

secondly... I was drunk when i got my tatoo...

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size